Google search not working after update, help

Search This thread

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
As the title states my Google search is no longer working after the new update. The only way I can get it to work it to clear cache, data, and uninstall updates which will then revert the app to factory form. After doing all that the app works no issues but then the app updates itself and then i keep getting same error message every time I try to load it.. Anyone else have this issue? Running P6800 with JB 4.1.2. Thanks in advance.

xrayA4T

Aug 5, 2005
Joburg
As the title states my Google search is no longer working after the new update. The only way I can get it to work it to clear cache, data, and uninstall updates which will then revert the app to factory form. After doing all that the app works no issues but then the app updates itself and then i keep getting same error message every time I try to load it.. Anyone else have this issue? Running P6800 with JB 4.1.2. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue. I read there are issues on some nexus devices. I think just wait for Google to release a fix.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 4

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
I just did a phone reset hoping it would solve the issuebut nothing. Google just released a new update and still same problem.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
I have been looking all over the net and can't seem to find any info on this, Google hasn't even acknowledged there is something wrong. Maybe this is only affecting a very small number number of people.

I have been looking all over the net and can't seem to find any info on this, Google hasn't even acknowledged there is something wrong. Maybe this is only affecting a very small number number of people.

Both Google Now / Search and Newsstand have been crashing on launch with the stock ROM. But on my other JB devices no such problem. I tried rooting this tablet. No change. Then I flashed the unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1. That solved the problem.

My assumption: the Samsung stock ROM is the source of the problem.

What did I learn?
- My tablet is running smoother without all the Samsung crap. I should have done it even sooner!

- I will probably gravitate in the future to Nexus devices where the OS is not compromised by vendor-motivated overhead. And it's easier to get updates and custom ROMs.

- Because Samsung has not been fully cooperative with the developer community, ROMs often lack certain device drivers. (Another advantage for Nexus.)

If this motivates you to root and flash just be aware of two known deficiencies with the ROM I am using:

-no tethering
-once you turn off wifi you'll have to reboot to turn it on again.

(Thanks, Samsung for withholding wifi device drivers from the public.)

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
We shouldn't have to install custom roms in order for an app to work. I have tried to report the issue to Google but I have yet to receive feedback. I have flashed many roms and many of my Android devices but I longer wish to do so since no one rom is fully functional as it should, there will always be issues. I too may consider a Nexus device, but at the same time I have always liked Samsung and their products but this one issue with this app is a little annoying.

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
What I don't understand is that my wife's Note I I was able to update with no issues, her phone is running JB 4.1.2. I'm no tech or anything but I believe it may have something to with our tab itself.

Last edited:

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
After flashing the JB 4.1.2 Indonesian firmware, my Google search has stopped working. No matter what I do it always crashes.
I don't have option to uninstall updates from app manager. Does any of u guys have an older version of Google search? Would be really glad if u can post it for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Newbie11

Dec 12, 2008
After flashing the JB 4.1.2 Indonesian firmware, my Google search has stopped working. No matter what I do it always crashes.
I don't have option to uninstall updates from app manager. Does any of u guys have an older version of Google search? Would be really glad if u can post it for me.

Hi Manipur,

Try to download this:

http://sdrv.ms/18hoDxb

Let me know if any problems.

xaadilhx

Jun 23, 2013
Whether Samsung or Google, the android environment can come across as chaotic. So much going on with all various versions.

Samsung keep selling us pretty much the same devices with new software, I'm not particularly impressed their pace of improvements.

Google products seems to work well on Apple ios, android is still missing functions available Apple for a good while now, funny how that works.

Sent from my GT-P6800

Last edited:

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
I know I'm not the only one with this issue, anybody have an any ideas as to why Google search no longer works, even after new updates. On My wife's Note II she gets all the updates with no issue, she is also running 4.1.2. This is really pissing me off.

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
Another update released today and still same issue, what seems to be the problem?

sexyyoyi

Dec 10, 2007
I hv the same problem after update to official Singapore ROM.

Cannot wait for a respectable tab with phone function so I can ditch Samsung forever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't see an apk file. Do I have to flash it from recovery?

It is the apk file, should be about 14.4 MB. Try to download again and let me know if any problems.
    I also have an issue with Google+ crashing when viewing images and the auto awesome also crashes

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk
    Google Search 3.2 now working

Google search 3.2.xx is now working again.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50094062

I met this issue too.
    what I did : 'Setting -> Application Manager -> All -> Google search -> remove update' ,
    both google now and search works well.