General Google starts beta testing Pixel Feature Drops with Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1

Search This thread

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I am currently on Beta 12 L , and i want to go to stable 12L as soon as it is released.
But my phone suggests me to instal QPR3.
Shall i wait? Will i get stable OTA 12L when kts released?

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I am currently on Beta 12 L , and i want to go to stable 12L as soon as it is released.
Probably won't if you are enrolled in beta. I would suggest either waiting for 12.1 stable to release and flashing either OTA or factory image or removing your device from the beta and taking OTA back to the Feb update or flashing the factory image for 12. All options still need you to remove your device from beta.

Reactions: jcp2 and Mtha86

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
Probably won't if you are enrolled in beta. I would suggest either waiting for 12.1 stable to release and flashing either OTA or factory image or removing your device from the beta and taking OTA back to the Feb update or flashing the factory image for 12. All options still need you to remove your device from beta.
Oh, really?
I thought as soon as stable 12L is released, i will get it..
So i guess i ll have to wipe my phone if i want to go back to stable?

I was told i will go automaticly to stable after beta runs out , without the need to erase data on my phone

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I dont get it, sorry :)

What happens if i stay on beta until it runs out?

Guess i will automaticly get an OTA and go to stable, no?

I m happy with 12L Beta 3, not sure if i should try QPR3

the 12.1 stable is not coming to pixel beta users and instead we're getting another beta build and if I want the stable version which is not available yet for pixel 6 I'd have to wipe my phone?

Last edited:

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I dont get it, sorry :)

What happens if i stay on beta until it runs out?

Guess i will automaticly get an OTA and go to stable, no?

I m happy with 12L Beta 3, not sure if i should try QPR3

the 12.1 stable is not coming to pixel beta users and instead we're getting another beta build and if I want the stable version which is not available yet for pixel 6 I'd have to wipe my phone?
it doesn't run out, you wil get QPR3 betas

Reactions: Mtha86

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello, those you flashed 12 QPR Beta 1 on top of 13 DP 1, can you please share your method. Please let us know if your bootloader was locked/unlocked, were you rooted or not and did you manage to keep the data/settings (aka dirty flash).

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
It was offered as an OTA but that's now pulled. I let it update and rebooted but I was forced to wipe data.

Just stay on 13 DP1. It's a lot more stable somehow. Maybe DP2 comes today.

Yeah, I tried flashing the 12 QPR Beta 1 full factory image, after removing - w Flag in flash-all.bat, on my Pixel 4 XL running 13 DP1 and it went into bootloop. I read about some people who managed to flash 12 QPR Beta 1 on 13 DP1 so wanted to know their experience. Just hope that we get DP2 soon.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

alvaro761991

Sep 21, 2012
On reddit a user told me that we will get a stable version to go without wiping but no one really knows for certain, they make it seem as it is not possible.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Hello, those you flashed 12 QPR Beta 1 on top of 13 DP 1, can you please share your method. Please let us know if your bootloader was locked/unlocked, were you rooted or not and did you manage to keep the data/settings (aka dirty flash).
I have done exactly this but updated from 12 S2B3. Was rooted; dirty flashed S3B1 (Aka QPRB1); rooted again after the update.

You presumably can't dirty flash from any version of 13 back to 12. I say this because you can't SUCCESSFULLY dirty flash from S2B3 to S3B1, haha. I experienced the same issue that @LLStarks has mentioned just above by doing so.

After doing a full wipe (through the android flash site) and then reinstalling S3B1 over adb using fastboot, I had the same dang data problem... BUT, after doing another full wipe (over the android flash site) and then reinstalling S3B1 (this time over the android flash site), it seemed to correct my modem issue. Now - for whatever reason - I have the most consistent data connection that I have ever had with my P6P.

I can even leave my phone's SIM settings on 5G as my preferred network type and it finally automatically switches to LTE if my current 5G connection is weak =).

CubnPackdad

Apr 7, 2021
I got a Pixel 6 Pro from Att I havent paid it off just yet so the OEM Unlocking is Disabled. My question is there anyway to go back to a Stable buld from this Beta build.. I tried sideloading an useing the Android Flash tool and neither will work.I tried Exiting the Beta an when it Installs the stable version the phone reboots an it says in recovery No Firmware Installed. If i reboot the phone it just goes back to the Beta..

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I got a Pixel 6 Pro from Att I havent paid it off just yet so the OEM Unlocking is Disabled. My question is there anyway to go back to a Stable buld from this Beta build.. I tried sideloading an useing the Android Flash tool and neither will work.I tried Exiting the Beta an when it Installs the stable version the phone reboots an it says in recovery No Firmware Installed. If i reboot the phone it just goes back to the Beta..
No, not without being able to unlock the bootloader. You'll have to keep getting Beta builds until it becomes Stable, and then it should stay on the Stable builds unless/until you re-opt into Beta builds after. I believe this should go Stable within either whenever the March update comes, or maybe next month's update.

Reactions: CubnPackdad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QPR3 Beta 1 was a really bad experience for me. There seems to be something profoundly wrong with the modem it shares with the 12L builds. The horn sounds during calls is really inexcusable.
    Anyone else noticed a random bug that prevents you from long pressing the screen in a particular area?

Sometimes I am unable to long press on the outer part of Gboard in this screenshot, but also happens throughout the OS, and the only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot.
    this is related to touch drivers, depends on the OS and kernel you are running
    I

Is it worth doing then?
    Only you know that answer, worth is subjective. I think it's better than the 12L beta we had, is it better than 12? Maybe for some, maybe not for others. I can though confirm all 12, 12L builds(Beta 3 and QPR3 Beta 1) are better than the 13 DP.
    In case you've lost track.

Stable: Android 12 Feb
    Pending Stable: Android 12.1/12L//March/Feature Drop whatever
    Beta: Android 12 June (includes March and 12L?)
    Developer Preview: Android 13 DP1
    Pending Developer Preview: Android 13 DP2 (3/10?)

Google must've been really spooked by how poorly the first Pixel 6 OTAs went. A beta program will go a long way to help. But serious firmware issues should be fixed out-of-band and ASAP. Monthly should just be security patches and, if the scheduling works, firmware updates.

And they seem very interested in keeping people in the beta program across releases. If the OTA downgrade from 13 works, I'll be very impressed. Gonna laugh if it works and then Google asks me to flash 13 DP2 tomorrow.
    Meh. I'm ready to wipe regardless. Fresh Google backups and cloud restores get me running in 30 mins.