Google Sync (official)

Search This thread

TrYde

Aug 8, 2007
Toulon
Does it work with mail ? It's not clear from their site, but since you use the same login, it could be very interesting to have gmail with push.

EDIT: Answered my own question.. No mail

jsls

Nov 7, 2007
Thats really cool! And about time! Too bad I have a lifetime subscription to GooSync which I love!!! :p

Csquared

Feb 21, 2008
Works AWESOME.

Chanegs are updated in about 3 seconds either way. Also no duplicate appointments like some other google calendar sync programs.

scotchua

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 10, 2007
Ketchikan, Alaska
www.scotchua.com
Hi,

please post a cab file here.

wfg

starbase64

Can't post a cab file, you have to enter login information ;)

First before you do anything make a backup of your contacts and calendar!!!!

Okay, to make a setup cab is very easy, just follow the steps:

1) Download Scotchua Sample Google Sync XML.zip file
2) Extract the XML file "_setup.xml" which is inside the zip.
3) Open the file in Notepad (or an xml editor of your choice) not Wordpad.
4) Change "Enterusernamehere" and "Enterpasswordhere" to your actual username or password. (username is username@gmail.com)
5) Save the file.
6) Use a compression program (personally i use Alzip, but any will do) and add the _setup.xml file to an archive, and save as file type ".cab"
7) Now you should have _setup.cab or something similar. You can name it whatever you want.
8) Copy the cab file to your device, and run it.
9) Your server should be setup.

Last edited:

Antboy

Jul 20, 2006
Toronto
Google sync - kinda cool but lacking

Does anyone know if there's some secret way to show birthdays in Google Contacts? I've never seen that data imported, whether using a CSV import, or with the new ActiveSync, although it puts the birthday events in Google Calendar.

scotchua

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 10, 2007
Ketchikan, Alaska
www.scotchua.com
Does anyone know if there's some secret way to show birthdays in Google Contacts? I've never seen that data imported, whether using a CSV import, or with the new ActiveSync, although it puts the birthday events in Google Calendar.

I agree that i think that's nice and easy, but they're gonna have to step up the offering as far as the way contacts are handled before this is really a viable option. It is only the first public beta though so i'm sure more features are coming.

Designator

Jul 20, 2008
Oldenburg
www.mbtab.de
I hate the fact that it syncs my contacts to lastname, firstname. I´m from Germany and am used to Firstname Lastname. I hope they implement that option in one of the next versions =)