Google sync [solved]

Search This thread

Tux2609

Jun 26, 2008
>>I have a problem with my contacts app. It doesn't even show my google account and I can't sync contacts. Does anyone else have this problem on chinese rom and does anyone know how to fix it?<<

SOLVED

So, while I got my phone with preinstalled google services, I wasn't aware that not all of them have been preloaded. If anyone else runs into this problem here's a list of google apps and services you have to install:

• Google Play Services
  • Google Play Store
  • Google Services Framework
  • Google Account Management
  • Google Contacts Sync Service
  • Google Calendar Sync Service
  • Setup Wizard APK
They're all available on sites like apk mirror and such.

Last edited:

sunilstark 1

Aug 20, 2020
Not really sure what's going on... But if I have to guess a fix,
1. Try updating your GMS services
2. Very important: turn in developer mode, and turn off MiUI optimization in the developer settings.
3. Go to contact app in app manager and give it all the permissions, including autostart and no restrictions on battery.
4. Finally go to settings of contacts and check if your correct email id is selected. (If you have multiple g id logged in)
5. Also try going to Accounts in settings and check if sync is turned on and manually sync it.
6. Reboot and check.

Let me know if it helped.

Tux2609

Jun 26, 2008
I updated GMS. MIUI optimization is off. There's no permission settings for contacts app since it's system app. In contact settings I can't see my google account (that's what I was complaining about. And in accounts under google I don't have contacts to sync. Only calendar, docs, drive, gmail etc, no contacts.

Last edited:

Toothless_NEO

Aug 24, 2017
I updated GMS. MIUI optimization is off. There's no permission settings for contacts app since it's system app. In contact settings I can't see my google account (that's what I was complaining about. And in accounts under google I don't have contacts to sync. Only calendar, docs, drive, gmail etc, no contacts.
I have a similar issue except it only shows Chrome sync in mine, nothing else

Toothless_NEO

Aug 24, 2017
Please check my first post. I updated it with list of apks needed for sync to work. Good luck!
Oh Wait never mind, I already have Google Play Services set up, they just weren't working.

What I did to fix it was to remove all accounts and Wipe Cache in TWRP before re-adding the accounts back.

dereck_br

Jun 13, 2014
>>I have a problem with my contacts app. It doesn't even show my google account and I can't sync contacts. Does anyone else have this problem on chinese rom and does anyone know how to fix it?<<

SOLVED

So, while I got my phone with preinstalled google services, I wasn't aware that not all of them have been preloaded. If anyone else runs into this problem here's a list of google apps and services you have to install:

• Google Play Services
  • Google Play Store
  • Google Services Framework
  • Google Account Management
  • Google Contacts Sync Service
  • Google Calendar Sync Service
  • Setup Wizard APK
They're all available on sites like apk mirror and such.

Hi, I've installed all of them, but still having an issue when I activate the Google Contact Sync.

1620614675287.png

MIUI 12 - Mi 11 Ultra