'Google to sell Motorola to Lenovo'

server3249

Dec 18, 2010
LOL Lenovo is useless at updates. There will never be any updates for Moto G.. at least not until all Lenovo phones are on Kitkat. I am glad I bought a nexus 4 at an awesome price.

jamstar.5

Jun 10, 2013
Cuttack
So basically I have been waiting since November for this phone which was then Moto g but now is Lenoto G :confused::sly::eek:

Sent from my LG-P895 using xda app-developers app

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
I don't mind at all. Perhaps some people thought Motorola's devices would receive faster updates due their affiliation with Google (I don't).
I don't either. Motorola had a plan with the Moto G, and that was to release it with an upcoming 4.4.2 update, there was never a mention of future updates. We have an extremely top phone for what I paid (£94, 16GB) which is incredible. I'm happy.

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
Well it can now go eitherway while Lenovo now own Motorola

Moto G continues to be supported with updates quickly for the next 18 months, nothing changes and where all happy & the Moto G2 comes out in the Autumn, still very near stock Android.

OR

Moto G will loose the quick updates & offical support for it will die quickly, while Lenovo decided it wouldn't be cost effective to make a Moto G2 and kill it off in favour of big screen 5"+ handsets & phablets and try to go after the likes of Samsung ect, in which they more likely fail big time. :/

Last edited:

the_hustler

Nov 12, 2012
Motorola never said we'll get more than 4.4.2, or did I miss something. People just assume we will.
You are missing the point. The GPE phones receive updates for 18 months. If Google does not update those phones, how can it expect OEMs to ? So updates will be there. But you need to port the GPE ROMs to the retail version. That is all.

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
You are missing the point. The GPE phones receive updates for 18 months. If Google does not update those phones, how can it expect OEMs to ? So updates will be there. But you need to port the GPE ROMs to the retail version. That is all.
Read the thread. People aren't talking about the GPE, obviously that will get updates. I was saying that people assume the standard Moto G would get updates, but nothing was ever mentioned. I watched the Moto G event, all they said was a planned update to 4.4.2 in January.

diecast

Nov 4, 2012
So one more trick for the mobile community? Many people bought moto g as a cheap good phone >>google took the money and now poof they went away? I hope this doesnt mean moto g will get nothing on the future

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

FabioSan

Dec 2, 2013
And NOW, all the users of Moto G (like me) can say goodbye updates and warrancy! Lenovo never give us updates..... Why Google... Why. Goodbye at 18 months of official updates

ma3oony

Nov 29, 2010
SHOCKING NEWS !!!! :(

Well, there is still the Moto G play store edition and that gets fast updates. I think we'll be okay.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
:eek:
i'm pretty sure it wasn't there when i purchase it from amazon :crying:

now i'M really hoping to receive the latest updates as fast as possible without any obstacles or else i'll sell the device cause that's what made me buy it from the get go :(

markoajda

Mar 7, 2013
“As part of Lenovo, Motorola Mobility will have a rapid path to achieving our goal of reaching the next 100 million people with the mobile Internet. With the recent launches of Moto X and Moto G, we have tremendous momentum right now and Lenovo’s hardware expertise and global reach will only help to accelerate this,” said Dennis Woodside, CEO, Motorola Mobility.

http://lnv.gy/1fnX4Fe 

nickchk

May 11, 2013
Motorola never said we'll get more than 4.4.2, or did I miss something. People just assume we will.
let me ask u,which oem or even nexus's gonna get beyond 4.4.2? no phone promised be updated after 4.4.2. why u so worry moto g not gonna update beyond 4.4.2,thats still early to tell.

if lenovo can make ibm from 3rd largest computer manufacturer to 1st in the world,why couldn't they do the same to motorola? i don't know why u guys so depressing.

we already brought moto g,so just enjoy as it is,a lot of rom in dev section and the community grow even bigger,moto g still the best budget
smartphone for now,period.

if you guys not happy about it,just sell moto g,get a samsung,sony,or htc,i'm happy and proud of my moto g. :)