Question Google Wallet stopped working

Search This thread

DanielF50

Jul 22, 2010
Hampshire, England
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yep, got the same message.

Interestingly, still passing SafetyNet checks in YASNAC though?

Edit: Fixed.

Google Play Services was no longer hidden in Magisk for some reason? Added this to the DenyList, cleared app data for Google Wallet, Google Play Services & Google Play Store, and was able to re-add my cards without any roadblocks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-115018.png
    Screenshot_20220924-115018.png
    265 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20220924-115339.png
    Screenshot_20220924-115339.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: krweby

Nekromantik

Google Play Services was no longer hidden in Magisk for some reason? Added this to the DenyList, cleared app data for Google Wallet, Google Play Services & Google Play Store, and was able to re-add my cards without any roadblocks.
On latest MagiskHide is no longer there so I use Denylist Unmont module under zysik

DanielF50

Jul 22, 2010
Hampshire, England
Google Pixel 6 Pro
On latest MagiskHide is no longer there so I use Denylist Unmont module under zysik
Yeah, Magisk has used Zygisk DenyList since 24.1 - in theory the same thing as MagiskHide, but your mileage may vary depending on apps you use.

DenyList > show system > select Google Play services (I also selected Google Wallet but unsure if that makes any difference).

I'm assuming Google pushed some sort of server-side update which then pinged client-side, and triggered this. Could be a sign of things to come, or could just be a mistake my end (forgetting to deny GPS) 😅.

danny_bhoy67

Feb 8, 2014
Updating to USNF still hasn't fixed issue for me, even though I pass all checks on YASNAC. Can't add cards for contactless payments due to security standards error. annoying!

biTToe

I had the same issue last week.
I went back and hid everything 'google', uninstalled wallet, re-booted, and reinstalled wallet.
The error has not come back, but I also haven't tried T2P.

I downloaded Integrity check from the play store (@1nikolas)
I pass Device integrity and Basic Integrity, but not Strong Integrity

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
OnePlus 7 Pro
I went back and hid everything 'google', uninstalled wallet, re-booted, and reinstalled wallet.

You don't have to pass strong integrity to be able to T2P

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

In addition to what @felek73 said, the only way you'll pass Strong Integrity is with a locked bootloader. Fortunately, you don't need pass Strong Integrity for most things.......................yet 🙃

OzBoy1

Dec 24, 2008
Had the same issue, fixed with USNF MOD update. Didn't want to clear data in wallet and redo all the cards so left it, 3 days later wallet working perfectly. So if like me you are a lazy SOB then update and wait...if you have the patience! :cool:

Reactions: mike.s

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
Had the same issue, fixed with USNF MOD update. Didn't want to clear data in wallet and redo all the cards so left it, 3 days later wallet working perfectly. So if like me you are a lazy SOB then update and wait...if you have the patience! :cool:
I tried clearing data/ cache of Google play store and it works immediately without having to add the cards again

Reactions: fuarkgl3

OzBoy1

Dec 24, 2008
I tried clearing data/ cache of Google play store and it works immediately without having to add the cards again
I tried the cache but no luck. When you say you cleared data do you mean that you cleared storage? My understanding if that you clear storage then you will need to add your cards again, at best it will remember some details but you will have to reconnect and add some details. Thanks for the reply it all helps. Cheers mate.

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
I tried the cache but no luck. When you say you cleared data do you mean that you cleared storage? My understanding if that you clear storage then you will need to add your cards again, at best it will remember some details but you will have to reconnect and add some details. Thanks for the reply it all helps. Cheers mate.
Yes, I am referring to clearing storage of Google play store. If you don't clear data in wallet, the cards will still be there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You don't have to pass strong integrity to be able to T2P

fix was updating to USNF MOD instead of official
    another possible issue: Android Police: Some people aren't able to tap and pay with Google Wallet right now. https://www.androidpolice.com/google-wallet-security-issue/
    Wish there was a way to hide/encrypt our 'tools' to make it harder for google to 'counter our counters'. This never-ending cat & mouse game is getting reeeally old now. :cautious: