• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google wallet stuck at initializing your device?

Search This thread

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
my model said EVO

are you sure?

mine had ro.product.model=EVO

also:
forum.mobilism.org /viewtopic.php?p=1052391

(sorry forum wont let me post the link, way helpful xda)

makavelisk

Mar 31, 2011
ro.product.model=htc_jewel
and
ro.product.device= jewel

The first one you have there is wrong. I think it is line 11 and it should say EVO next to the ro.product.model. There are two lines that have that and changing the second one doesnt do anything.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

are you sure?

mine had ro.product.model=EVO

also:
forum.mobilism.org /viewtopic.php?p=1052391

(sorry forum wont let me post the link, way helpful xda)

This is correct ^^^^^^^^

makavelisk

Mar 31, 2011
Picture below and it is line 11.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339528763354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339528763354.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 495

IRBanite

Dec 29, 2010
Tampa Bay, Fl.
The first one you have there is wrong. I think it is line 11 and it should say EVO next to the ro.product.model. There are two lines that have that and changing the second one doesnt do anything.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

This is correct ^^^^^^^^

That is really weird. I made sure to write it down before I made any changes and triple checked. I just checked again and I did not see "EVO" anywhere.

DZLRULZ

Jan 15, 2011
S.E. MI
Wanted to follow up on this...I just got my Citi thankyou card tonight, which I tried to add to wallet 3x and it timed out with the factory build.prop 3x.

I decided to try the hack again and force stopped wallet, enabled SuperSU, edited build.prop, disabled SuperSU, opened wallet and added Citi card. It worked within about 30 seconds. I then force stopped wallet, enabled SuperSU, reverted build.prop, disabled SuperSU, rebooted. Wallet seems to be working but I haven't tried the Citi card yet.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner.

Dirtyfrank26

Oct 21, 2009
Here is the latest on Google wallet.

"Here is the latest about your issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. Google Wallet is temporarily unavailable on your device and our engineering team is working hard to make sure Google Wallet is working as intended. We will be sure to let you know when full functionality has resumed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Jeff The Google Wallet Team"

Sent from my EVO using XDA

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
"htc_jewel is the new GT-I9300"

find both (2 different) ro.product.model and one ro.product.device, 3 lines in 3 different places, and make them all say htc_jewel.

force stop wallet
clear cache & data
reboot

don't worry about disabling su or anything.

works for at least some of us so far as of right now.

Edit: @k-wow for the top quote, @aFoodStampBaby for the fix.

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium

Last edited:

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010

find both (2 different) ro.product.model and one ro.product.device, 3 lines in 3 different places, and make them all say htc_jewel.

force stop wallet
clear cache & data
reboot

Just change it to that and don't go back to the og build prop yes?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
yes exactly. at least until google changes their end again! but yeah just leave them as htc_jewel for now.

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH

force stop wallet
clear cache & data
reboot

Worked for me, thanks.

Sent from my htc_jewel using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found a workarround, this worked for me and hope it helps others!

Go into build.prop and change these values:

ro.product.model=
    ro.product.device=

to both equal this: GT-I9300

This makes your phone look like the Sprint galaxy nexus.

Reboot your phone and try to open wallet!

You may have to clear google wallet settings, I had to uninstall wallet and reinstall it after the build.prop change.

Hit the thanks button if this helped!

-------------- PS --------------

The reason I tried this is because I heard Google temporarily blocked the HTC EVO 4G LTE from accessing Google Wallet. I don't know the exact reason why, but this seems to work at least for now.
    I found a workarround, this worked for me and hope it helps others!

Go into build.prop and change these values:

ro.product.model=
    ro.product.device=

to both equal this: GT-I9300

This makes your phone look like the Sprint galaxy nexus.

Reboot your phone and try to open wallet!

You may have to clear google wallet settings, I had to uninstall wallet and reinstall it after the build.prop change.

Hit the thanks button if this helped!

-------------- PS --------------

The reason I tried this is because I heard Google temporarily blocked the HTC EVO 4G LTE from accessing Google Wallet. I don't know the exact reason why, but this seems to work at least for now.

DUDES! It totally worked. I will be trying a transaction in a few minutes and reporting back. I was sick over this, worried about secure element. I got stuck at 99% resetting the app and eventually had to reboot.

I did what you suggested and it activated, and my $100.21 was still in the prepaid card no problem. Here's EXACTLY what I did to keep out of the unsupported device also:

EDIT: REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS (but not HTC UNLOCK, which I do not have)

-Enable SuperSU
    -Use ES File Explorer for root explorer (Settings->Root Explorer, give Superuser permission when asked) -> Mount File System (writable)
    -Edit build.prop in /system folder as described above (make a backup also so you can revert after activation!)
    -Disable root explorer in ES File Explorer
    -Disable SuperSU in SuperSU settings
    -Clear data for Wallet in Settings->Apps
    -Reboot
    -Open Wallet, log in
    -Add prepaid card
    -Close Wallet
    -Go to Android Settings->Apps->Downloaded->Wallet and force stop (hoping to keep it from knowing about the next step which is enable SuperSU to revert build.prop and keep away unsupported device message.)
    -Enable SuperSU
    -ES File Explorer -> Root Explorer -> Mount System
    -In /system folder replace build.prop with the backup I made (or just undo the changes manually if you like.)
    -Disable Root Explorer
    -Disable SuperSU
    -Reboot
    -Open Wallet and verify operation
    -Profit!

Sorry if this is jumbled, have to get to work but excited that it is fixed and hopefully by reverting build.prop no strange behavior will result!

Thanks again jkt97401!

force stop wallet
    clear cache & data
    reboot

Edit: @k-wow for the top quote, @aFoodStampBaby for the fix.

My wallet was working fine yesterday then I checked it and it said balance unavailable, so i reset it, now whenever I try to get it to restart or even restart the phone, it gets stuck at initializing your device, i'm hoping it's a server issue, but in not, google has to do something about this, this can't be cost effective for carriers to replace devices due to this issue. I did nothing to make this happen so getting it replaced doesn't solve much cuz i have no assurance that it isn't gonna happen again... this happen to anyone else?
    Wallet just put an update up in the play store. I installed update and Google Wallet finally opened up. Looks like it fixed the initialization issue.

I'm at the set up screen instead of initializing screen. Download it now!