I wrote this for another forum and thought it might be of use to some here. Especially those with a Matepad Pro:
You can learn from my mistakes and lost evening * * I know have Google installed on my new Matepad Pro and here is what I did...
1. When you set up the device disable automatic updates
2. Go in to settings/About Tablet and check you are on 10.0.1.177 (Matepad Pro purchased in the UK 2nd November)
3. Now go to System & Updates - Software Update and if you are offered an update to 10.1.0.120 (Matepad Pro only) INSTALL THIS UPDATE (Not crucial for installing GMS but it is the newest firmware that I think will work. The next version upgrade I am being offered is to 10.1.0.180 DO NOT install this version)
4. Open this Youtube video on a laptop etc so you can pause as you go through the installation: https://youtu.be/iWG-9nXfvkA
5. Go HERE and scroll down to the large red DOWNLOAD link (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/googlefier-install-gms-huawei-honor-t4180485)
6. In conjunction with the video above go through the motions to use Googlefier to install GMS on your device.
Some IMPORTANT points to note:
- Don't worry about the annoying pop ups. They will stop later in the process
- When testing Play store (as you will be asked to do) install any apps. When the whole process is finished these apps WILL NOT show in your list of installed apps so will need to be deleted (long press the icon and select Uninstall) and re-installed to show in the list of installed apps - unless you aren't fussed about them showing in their. I would imagine updates will still show in the "Updates" list within Play Store
- Follow the above video through to the end as it makes you go through a fix process which stops the notification alerts that will annoy you throughout the install.
After installation you can do two things...
1. DONATE to bender007 through the Googlefier app. He has allowed me to have an iPad Pro killer device at a third of the price and overcome the Trump Bullshit Ban - Well worth a donation so he can go buy a couple pints as thanks
2. Uninstall Googlefier (I can't see a way to uninstall the LZPlay app (with the chinese text) so will update this if I figure it out
Go setting-Apps-Apps-Search for LZ play to uninstall it.