Googler (Formerly Can I Google That For You?)

Search This thread

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
Formerly Can I Google That For You?, this update adds so much more! I have included several new features, both useful, and fun. Many people aren't aware of Google's sense of humor, so I've added some examples here. Want to search like a pirate? Done. Klingon, ok sure. Need a handy calculator, or perhaps a translator? You got it. Need something to kill time? How about some Pac Man? And of course, Let Me Google That For You remains.

Note: On my device (Galaxy Nexus), in order to get the LMGTFY link to copy this is what I had to do:
Tap the generated link so it highlights, then press and hold, and while holding slide your finger to the left or right.
The software I use bases the web activity off of the stock aosp browser. I know many devices have chrome as default, but that is not the same thing. This is why that bug exists. I'm working on it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev80417.app176212 - may not be live yet, just uploaded the update. Should be up soon.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Re: Can I Google That For You?

Nice app, a few suggest :)
1. Just have a text box to enter the text and fetch the shortened URL instead of opening the web view
2. Copy it to clipboard

Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012

This has been out for quite some time now... At least a year and has been used all over this site

Edit.... Nvm... I was referring to the website. My bad :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

This has been out for quite some time now... At least a year and has been used all over this site

Edit.... Nvm... I was referring to the website. My bad :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Its all good.

This is an awesome thing. I've been using it for a while.

Shifted from planet Namek

Yep. I am a fan.

Nice app, a few suggest :)
1. Just have a text box to enter the text and fetch the shortened URL instead of opening the web view
2. Copy it to clipboard

Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus

I use a tool that codes it. I will look into it but I'm not sure what I would need to make that happen. Thanks for the suggestion.

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

Any of you other app developers know how I would get this to show up when searching for let me Google that for you?

arqbrulo

Jun 19, 2010
Texas, U.S.A.

Can somebody answer one thing: what is lmgtfy? I searched the forums and found nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin

Ha nice one :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
Can somebody answer one thing: what is lmgtfy? I searched the forums and found nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1. Here you go with a in dept explanation of lmgfty --> link

and as a bonus

2. Here's a nice meme which also might answer your question:
3527qw.jpg

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

I'm ok with someone not liking the app. I don't like every app. But app reviews, and I say this for all apps not just my own, should be more about how well they work, or how well they do what they are intended to do. A lot of reviews I have read of my apps and of others are obviously posted by someone that didn't read. I have a review on an app that said it was not a good game. Well, it isn't a game, so that makes sense. If you have criticism of an app and post that on this forum, at least give some feedback. Otherwise others may get the impression that it doesn't work just because you "don't like it". The same goes with rom development. Don't just post that a rom sucks. That isn't helpful. If you don't like what I do, I'm ok with that. But please don't post something that may misrepresent my work and cause others to no try it. I would do the same for you.

Btw, I own guns, and legally carry, and I have never killed anyone. Nor have any of the growing number of people in my church or the churches nearby that have permit classes regularly. For what that's worth, though this isn't really the place for that.

Reactions: DigitalUnderground

kinfauns

Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead
Jan 5, 2012
Thread cleaned

This is an open forum for you to discuss your thoughts, ideas and opinions. However, you are expected to be courteous and respectful to other members. Posting a bunch of negative comments for no other real reason than to stir up the thread is trolling and that's disrespectful to those who want to engage in meaningful discussions. As they say... there's a right way and a wrong way... do your best to find the right way to continue the discussions.

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

Having issues with it not letting me copy the link to clipboard:(

It's not a glitch, this isn't Wreck it Ralph.

You are correct. What version of android are you on? I'm using a rooted dinc2 with jb. The reason I ask, I tried the website from my browser and had the same issue. Anyone else having this issue? If so try it from your browser and see what happens? All my app does is open that page. It may be a bug either with the page or possible android not recognizing it as something that can be copied. I can copy from the search bar, just not the link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Formerly Can I Google That For You?, this update adds so much more! I have included several new features, both useful, and fun. Many people aren't aware of Google's sense of humor, so I've added some examples here. Want to search like a pirate? Done. Klingon, ok sure. Need a handy calculator, or perhaps a translator? You got it. Need something to kill time? How about some Pac Man? And of course, Let Me Google That For You remains.

Note: On my device (Galaxy Nexus), in order to get the LMGTFY link to copy this is what I had to do:
    Tap the generated link so it highlights, then press and hold, and while holding slide your finger to the left or right.
    The software I use bases the web activity off of the stock aosp browser. I know many devices have chrome as default, but that is not the same thing. This is why that bug exists. I'm working on it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev80417.app176212 - may not be live yet, just uploaded the update. Should be up soon.

Test

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1+x+2

Sun Cellular
    "LG should go bankrupt"

I'm ok with someone not liking the app. I don't like every app. But app reviews, and I say this for all apps not just my own, should be more about how well they work, or how well they do what they are intended to do. A lot of reviews I have read of my apps and of others are obviously posted by someone that didn't read. I have a review on an app that said it was not a good game. Well, it isn't a game, so that makes sense. If you have criticism of an app and post that on this forum, at least give some feedback. Otherwise others may get the impression that it doesn't work just because you "don't like it". The same goes with rom development. Don't just post that a rom sucks. That isn't helpful. If you don't like what I do, I'm ok with that. But please don't post something that may misrepresent my work and cause others to no try it. I would do the same for you.

Btw, I own guns, and legally carry, and I have never killed anyone. Nor have any of the growing number of people in my church or the churches nearby that have permit classes regularly. For what that's worth, though this isn't really the place for that.

Thanks for this app, been praying someone would do this for android :thumbup::D:thumbup: let the sarcasm roll :D
    The APK please???

Can anyone upload the apk file maybe to the OP of the thread, when i search for it on google play on my phone it doesnt show up and i really dont think a simple app like this requires android 4.++.

Thanks in advance.