• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google's Project Glass looks amazing!

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey Guys

Read the info below (and definitely check out the video) for Google's no-longer-a-secret Project Glass. I hope that this will be released to the public in the next two years or less, and even if the final product can only do half of what is shown in the video, I am still going to be the first on line to buy one! Google is definitely being innovative with this!!

http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-project-glass-shows-vision-wearable-mobile-tech

benefit14snake

Dec 23, 2011
Henrico, VA
Hey Guys

Read the info below (and definitely check out the video) for Google's no-longer-a-secret Project Glass. I hope that this will be released to the public in the next two years or less, and even if the final product can only do half of what is shown in the video, I am still going to be the first on line to buy one! Google is definitely being innovative with this!!

http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-project-glass-shows-vision-wearable-mobile-tech

...............Car accidents will go up 1000000000000000000%, besides that AWESOME! Can I overclock them? lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
...............Car accidents will go up 1000000000000000000%, besides that AWESOME! Can I overclock them? lol

yeah you may be right actually, nothing like reading your email while driving :eek:

Damn overclocking, I am wondering how much data charges will apply to it based on the carriers..watching certain "adult entertainment" can use up a lot of data, or so I heard :rolleyes::rolleyes:

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
Hahaha.. yup car accidents, people falling down stairs, cliffs, buildings, getting hit by cars. Cant send a message with the person next to you hearing it, hmmm cool concept but skeptical of it being a safe device to use..

UltraVicious

Mar 1, 2010
Dallas
looks awesome and as far as safety id imagine some kind of lockup while driving or maybe just reading messages out loud and keeping the screen clear.

the lack of privacy is also somewhat troubling. some kind of projected keyboard would be a great integration to help with having to say things out loud or being in a noisy place.

Reactions: Col.Kernel

kru_

Feb 18, 2012
What this video fails to show us is the 5lbs battery backpack. Have battery, processing and wireless communications really progressed to the point where all of it can fit comfortably within the weight-limit of a pair of glasses? I am dubious.

Col.Kernel

Jul 21, 2010
From the article;
It's official folks -- we are living in the future.

So where's my flying car? Where is my damned Lunar base?

Oh, right. This isn't really the future, just a bunch of commercial hucksterism so you can cough up money to support the excesses of a bunch of Suits.

Other than that, I'm all in favor of it.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

looks awesome and as far as safety id imagine some kind of lockup while driving or maybe just reading messages out loud and keeping the screen clear.

the lack of privacy is also somewhat troubling. some kind of projected keyboard would be a great integration to help with having to say things out loud or being in a noisy place.

Yeah, and that's the other thing I forgot. Privacy.

Take that thing off when you're hanging out with me. It's none of Google/Facebook/The Govt's business where I am and who I'm with until the the government has a warrant for me. And it's NEVER Google/Facebook/OtherCorp's business.

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
From the article;

So where's my flying car? Where is my damned Lunar base?

Oh, right. This isn't really the future, just a bunch of commercial hucksterism so you can cough up money to support the excesses of a bunch of Suits.

Other than that, I'm all in favor of it.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Yeah, and that's the other thing I forgot. Privacy.

Take that thing off when you're hanging out with me. It's none of Google/Facebook/The Govt's business where I am and who I'm with until the the government has a warrant for me. And it's NEVER Google/Facebook/OtherCorp's business.

Yeah, and where the hell is my jetpack???

monkey10120

Jun 13, 2011
What this video fails to show us is the 5lbs battery backpack. Have battery, processing and wireless communications really progressed to the point where all of it can fit comfortably within the weight-limit of a pair of glasses? I am dubious.

its actually not going to need a big battery. The screen its the biggest consumer on a device. Like 60% if your battery goes to your screen. These don't have a screen so it might be amazing on battery.

Privacy is the only thing I don't like about these glasses. People could be recording you and you would not even know it. It would suck also if someone hacked your glasses and watched you go every where.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

The_Stranger

Nov 17, 2006

Well they might make them with a speed limit, like anything above "normal" walking speed would shut the glasses off. (and above a certain excessive speed it turns back on, either to record you falling of a cliff or to be able to use as an airline passenger).

adampdx

Jan 23, 2011
Portland, OR
Why, oh, why can't people post in the right section? Unless Project Glass is going to be powered by a Transformer Prime in a back pack, then this should be in the...wait, it shouldn't be on XDA at all. This thing is a) not real, b) maybe won't run Android c) might not exist at all.

But then I guess with gas prices as high as they are we're probably all sitting at home being bored. *sigh* Continue misposting. No use arguing with the mob.

Reactions: gsmsosv

banderos101

Dec 26, 2010
"one step closer to becoming a cyborg!!"

lol

First thing we should do when this is realeased is download the terminator app, go back in time, and stop that evil fruity company from launching

monkey10120

Jun 13, 2011
Well they might make them with a speed limit, like anything above "normal" walking speed would shut the glasses off. (and above a certain excessive speed it turns back on, either to record you falling of a cliff or to be able to use as an airline passenger).

but what if you were in the passenger seat? Its a good idea though. But it would be cool if it displayed your speed and directions.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    one step closer to becoming a cyborg!!

Why, oh, why can't people post in the right section? Unless Project Glass is going to be powered by a Transformer Prime in a back pack, then this should be in the...wait, it shouldn't be on XDA at all. This thing is a) not real, b) maybe won't run Android c) might not exist at all.

But then I guess with gas prices as high as they are we're probably all sitting at home being bored. *sigh* Continue misposting. No use arguing with the mob.
    i think they are great. i just hope that there is a control that lets you turn it off when not needed ..like driving. but as for walking..people fall in lakes while texting all the time..so i don't see how this would be any worse..atleast you are looking up.