Question Gorilla Glass Victus lots of micro scratches

Search This thread

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
I have a lot of micro scratches. I tried tooth paste but still see the scratches. What else can I use that will actually work? Thanks

KOLIOSIS

I have a lot of micro scratches. I tried tooth paste but still see the scratches. What else can I use that will actually work? Thanks
Try a liquid screen protector, take your pick from Amazon/eBay, etc.

I'm not a dentist, but, I'd steer clear of using toothpaste on anything transparent. Most toothpastes have some form of abrasive.......

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks what can I use tu remove these micro scratches?
if you try to remove the scratches, you will also remove the Oleophobic coating on the screen. only way to remove it without causing more damage is to replace the screen. otherwise, leave it alone, apply a screen protector(tempered glass) and move on .

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
if you try to remove the scratches, you will also remove the Oleophobic coating on the screen. only way to remove it without causing more damage is to replace the screen. otherwise, leave it alone, apply a screen protector(tempered glass) and move on .
Yeah I know it just hurts seeing them 😔 if there is a way to reduce them I will gladly apply a protector after that

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: nayak.aj

KOLIOSIS

Yeah I know it just hurts seeing them 😔 if there is a way to reduce them I will gladly apply a protector after that
Try one of the liquid screen protectors I mentioned earlier. It will help to hide the scratches by restoring the oleophobic coating.

Of course, no matter what, eventually the coating is going to wear away.

As to how long it lasts is not an exact science, YMWV depending on how much you use your phone.

bsnpr24

Dec 9, 2012
Try one of the liquid screen protectors I mentioned earlier. It will help to hide the scratches by restoring the oleophobic coating.

Of course, no matter what, eventually the coating is going to wear away.

As to how long it lasts is not an exact science, YMWV depending on how much you use your phone.
Thank you, I haven't heard about this before, I will investigate. Any recommended brands?

KOLIOSIS

Thank you, I haven't heard about this before, I will investigate. Any recommended brands?
This brand has been around for several years & is reasonably priced:

Spigen makes a similar product & is priced within a few dollars of the abovementioned protector.

You'll find less expensive on Amazon/eBay & you should be OK w/whichever you choose.