Got a bootloop to TWRP after downloading latest update from Arrow OS and installing it

Search This thread

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
Dear all,

Hope you are doing great, I was downloading and installing automatic updates just fine and the other week got a notification about a new update of over 1.4 gbs and the automatic installer was not possible to do and requested me to download it and installing it manually. I downloaded the Rar and everything was going smooth and when I enter TWRP I installed at first shoot without doing any wipe or clear cache or data.

All was installed and it told me to restart the phone, I did that and vroom a vibrating sound happen and got me back to the main screen of Poco and then to TWRP and show me 3 workarounds to clear data and cache and the last resort do a clean flash rom.

I had to end with the last option since I was unable to install the update. What could be gone wrong here? I am back at stock now and I am very sad that this fricking update break all the custom firmware and got me bootlooped :(

I look for your inputs and maybe I can try again.

Thank you!

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
I was on arrow os 11 so Android 11 was on there, the issue was when I was installing the new update from surija I believe si called the developer.

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
Do you guys have an idea what did I did wrong? Should You recommend staying vainilla stock miui 12 with root privileges or arrow 11?

Thank you!

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
I was able to flash the latest version update but I am having a System UI is not responding and got WIFI broken so if anyone is installing this update be careful, does anyone installed the last arrow OS update?

I am currently having issues with the last update, I think I will stick with no updates on the firmware

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
Sorry I am posting multiple updates on my thread, but I tested it and definetly the last update from Surya break the OS when you login you do not have WIFI and is showing the error I mentioned UI system unresponsive. I installed the version from April from Arrow OS and all works like a charm.

So if anyone reads this be careful with latest release from Surya 5/14 version

infirit

Jan 1, 2016
Yes, i can confirm. The version I used initially was from april 30. The update from may caused bootloop. I'll be turning off updates when I restore it with miflash.

The main reason I went with arrow is that it is selinux enforcing and supports safety net. But this really makes me think..