General Got a job offer to work on next generation pixel (5g)

Search This thread

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I might be working on future pixels. I've been an engineer for 18 years on electrical hardware (board level) and Google reached out for an offer. Even though it is fun to mess around with kernels and software, I am a hardware guy. I hope to have some knowledge for you guys in the future on the hardware specifically, radio.

I might be working on future pixels. I've been an engineer for 18 years on electrical hardware (board level) and Google reached out for an offer. Even though it is fun to mess around with kernels and software, I am a hardware guy. I hope to have some knowledge for you guys in the future on the hardware specifically, radio.
Well see what that NDA says, assuming the google overlords did just disqualify you for this message

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Why, I like Curved, what's the annoying point for you guys here?
Just curious:)
The only part I don't like about a curved screen is having to use a LOCA-based screen protector if you want to use tempered glass. Well, that and the side edges of most cases don't provide as much protection as the top and bottom edges since they are usually lowered to facilitate swiping.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Why, I like Curved, what's the annoying point for you guys here?
Just curious:)
The most major is that the quality tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens are harder to install, and there are not as many, again I would say "quality", choices available.

The second is that it's just an unusable part of the screen. Definitely my only complaint about the Pixel 6 Pro - the curve, inside an OtterBox Defender (Pro) case, made it very difficult to operate things from either side edge of the screen.

On the Pixel 7 Pro, with it's reduced curve, it's tons better, but I still don't see any advantage of having the curve versus not having one.

Ninja'd by @Lughnasadh again. LOL!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
All wonderful points and something that I want to see how much sway the lowly hardware engineer has? 😂
I have some complaints about Google Drive, too, both personally and for my company's work who uses Google for everything. You think you can pass on some suggestions? 😜🤣

Edit: My small sub-department did actually talk directly with Google on a video meeting once years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: rester555

utnick

Nov 8, 2009
Texas
Yes, please. The Pixel 7 Pro is barely wider than my Pixel 6. Why they bothered with curved edges is beyond me. When those curves catch a glare it reduces the viewable area of the screen which makes buying a larger screen pointless. I am dealing with it so I can have the extra lens, but this curved screen infuriates me at times.

EtherealRemnant

I don't actually mind the curve on my 7 Pro. I even found one niche use case I didn't think about - it makes it easier to move icons between home screens because I just have to drag it into the curve and it jumps screens.

My Spigen Tough Armor provides ample protection. I haven't used a screen protector since the HTC Mogul as I can't stand having something over the screen.

I do agree that Pixels need to return to Qualcomm but it won't ever happen so I'm glad the modem is at least fine for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow, good luck @rester555 ! Pretty soon maybe you'll have lots of information that you won't be allowed to share with us. 😁
    I will do my best to bring the 411 through a VPN tether tunneled through an encrypted SSL through a onion browser on a hotspot from my father's brother's nephews cousins former roommate.
    Maybe Google will listen to you when you tell them to ditch Samsung radios.