Got Canary working, can't update build prop?

Search This thread

AlPoo

Oct 3, 2012
Wanted to do the old hotspot trick (net.tethering.noprovisioning=true) but the build prop won't save. Any ideas?

Also trying to load adaway in data/hosts and data/data/host fail.

But magisk modules will install and work.

PhoenixPath

Wanted to do the old hotspot trick (net.tethering.noprovisioning=true) but the build prop won't save. Any ideas?

Regarding adaway, make sure you set "systemless hosts" mode in Magisk settings. Not sure of the exact name of the setting at the moment as I do not currently have Magisk installed...

Reactions: AlPoo

Aridon

May 14, 2007
I wasn't able to get /system rw which limited options on enabling tether.

Adjusting magisk for systemless hosts worked fine for me but I was never able to get tethering working on q. I went back to 9 until things smooth out a bit.

Reactions: AlPoo

AlPoo

Oct 3, 2012
Search on XDA for Tethering Enabler for Magisk. It's working for me not sure about Adaway.

Huh. I'll have to keep it in mind if I try to re enable tether after an OTA. I managed to find a guide that worked by setting it in terminal.

Regarding adaway, make sure you set "systemless hosts" mode in Magisk settings. Not sure of the exact name of the setting at the moment as I do not currently have Magisk installed...

Oddly enough I couldnt get any of that to work. Until I installed busy box and installed the system less host module via magisk.

Adjusting magisk for systemless hosts worked fine for me but I was never able to get tethering working on q. I went back to 9 until things smooth out a bit.

As for tethering I got it working cherry! I can't find the exact guide I found but this is the same. Had to install busy box and whatnot but, it worked. Found this guide on XDA but this link has the same steps. Be warned though, 4 isn't "add new/custom", for me, I had to press 5 not 4. https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-enable-native-tethering-on-rooted-pixel-3-3xl/

Not sure what tether_dun_required 0 does. But it worked like a charm and persists after reboot now.

Thanks everybody, got it all working now. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Last edited:

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
What is the name of the system less magisk module you installed so I use the right one.

Huh. I'll have to keep it in mind if I try to re enable tether after an OTA. I managed to find a guide that worked by setting it in terminal.

Oddly enough I couldnt get any of that to work. Until I installed busy box and installed the system less host module via magisk.

As for tethering I got it working cherry! I can't find the exact guide I found but this is the same. Had to install busy box and whatnot but, it worked. Found this guide on XDA but this link has the same steps. Be warned though, 4 isn't "add new/custom", for me, I had to press 5 not 4. https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-enable-native-tethering-on-rooted-pixel-3-3xl/

Not sure what tether_dun_required 0 does. But it worked like a charm and persists after reboot now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Search on XDA for Tethering Enabler for Magisk. It's working for me not sure about Adaway.

I did that is just causes a pop up that says added systemless host module. Adaway still gives me a syslink error?

You need to reboot after that and then enable Adaway.