Question Got Factory Unlocked Moto 5G Stylus XT2211-2 and IT WONT BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread
Has anyone had any problems with this variant? Factory Unlocked to any carrier in the WORLD and no bootloader unlock. Motorola says it's ineligible. Any thoughts?
Use a different email address. You have unlocked too many devices in a period of time so it won't let you with that email. Try again with new or alt email.

Reactions: sd_shadow

nibake

Feb 21, 2020
That should only take 72 to 96 hours if you leave it on and connected to data and/or wifi the whole time.

Can you please elaborate? I have the OEM unlock option greyed out. I followed instructions on another thread and factory reset, retried with wifi, no sim, no login, no joy.

Now will this change if I wait 72 hours? I already have a code from motorola, but I'm going on call for work again shortly and I can't leave the sim out for 72 hours. Thanks.

Edit: Just bought the model today, hoping for a LineageOS phone. Third try of the "buy a new phone" strategy, but I got a different model than was advertised, XT2131-1

wickedxjay

Feb 28, 2015
Can you please elaborate? I have the OEM unlock option greyed out. I followed instructions on another thread and factory reset, retried with wifi, no sim, no login, no joy.

Now will this change if I wait 72 hours? I already have a code from motorola, but I'm going on call for work again shortly and I can't leave the sim out for 72 hours. Thanks.

Edit: Just bought the model today, hoping for a LineageOS phone. Third try of the "buy a new phone" strategy, but I got a different model than was advertised, XT2131-1
Yes you will need to wait a few days like he said. Just leave it alone, don't reset or anything. Leave the phone booted up and preferably on wifi. It will eventually become available.

Yes you will need to wait a few days like he said. Just leave it alone, don't reset or anything. Leave the phone booted up and preferably on wifi. It will eventually become available.
So this is really a new thing Motorola/Lenovo is doing? My phone is factory unlocked. XT-2211-2 (I got the 2022 Stylus model factory unlocked no carrier brand). I did manage to get the unlock code from moto's site (Looks like it was just glitchy when i first tried but another poster said keep at it and i did and the 3rd time they mailed it to me) but the OEM is still greyed out. Turned on the phone Sunday. So I have to wait for it to "Trigger"?

Listen to my other post. Leave the sim card in. Leave it on. For 72+ hours. The option should then be ready after that.

So this is really a new thing Motorola/Lenovo is doing? My phone is factory unlocked. XT-2211-2 (I got the 2022 Stylus model factory unlocked no carrier brand). I did manage to get the unlock code from moto's site (Looks like it was just glitchy when i first tried but another poster said keep at it and i did and the 3rd time they mailed it to me) but the OEM is still greyed out. Turned on the phone Sunday. So I have to wait for it to "Trigger"?
And as for the xt2211 this is NOT the forum for said device. Please either request one be made or wait. I understand we all get itchy to root and make our devices custom but when the device was just released less than 6 months ago I wouldn't expect much. Sorry guys.

But to answer, yes young Padawan, patience is a must.

Listen to my other post. Leave the sim card in. Leave it on. For 72+ hours. The option should then be ready after that.

And as for the xt2211 this is NOT the forum for said device. Please either request one be made or wait. I understand we all get itchy to root and make our devices custom but when the device was just released less than 6 months ago I wouldn't expect much. Sorry guys.

But to answer, yes young Padawan, patience is a must.
Ok. OEM just unlocked so I'm rooting now of my own recognizance.

nibake

Feb 21, 2020

Swinging by to report that this was accurate for me and after the 3 days I was able to cycle developer options and unlock OEM, already got the code from Motorola during the waiting period.

Quick update:

Finally unlocked my 2nd device with this. Letting you guys know that wifi alone will not unlock it. Left it on wifi for 8 days no OEM unlock. Dropped my sim card in it and it unlocked instantly. It also won't turn "on" so to speak, just tap it when it looks like its not active and the prompt will come up like its hidden.

Top Liked Posts