Got KitKat 4.4.2 update in India

shashik008

Jul 14, 2014
hyderabad
got android 4.4.2 update for my grand 2

enjoy the kitkat update updated just one hour back..no bugs enjoy the new kitkat features..improves the user interface.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::good::good:

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

the lockscreen wallpaper is not changable...i tried to change the lockscreen wallpaper but it is not changing...

EthanDev

Nov 26, 2013
updated to 4.4.2
some cosmetic changes
noticed a lil lag while swiping home screens but dissapeared after wiping cache
default Samsung keyboard emojis are smaller in size
S5 calculator
gallery opens a bit faster
battery life not yet tested
smooth interface..noticed a boost in performance
no S5 weather widget:crying:
no s-memo:(
no "hide apps" option in app drawer
no change in camera UI
S5-ish icons at some places(can expect to see more....hope so)
cant remove tripadvisor and flipboard like we could in Grand after 4.2.2:mad

To sum up...pretty good update..though expected S5 UI:D

Thanks Samsung:laugh:

Attachments

EthanDev

Nov 26, 2013

enjoy the kitkat update updated just one hour back..no bugs enjoy the new kitkat features..improves the user interface.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::good::good:

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

the lockscreen wallpaper is not changable...i tried to change the lockscreen wallpaper but it is not changing...
Didn't face the problem of lockcreen wallpaper changing... did you wipe cache?? Oh and there's a new option while changing lockscreen wallpaper known as TRAVEL WALLPAPER..

Attachments

m.halliwell

Jul 15, 2014
Reboot mistake

@chiragvagh: Does yr Grand 2 have reboot mistake? As I heard many people have that mistake, it reboots continuously.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Hi there. Is there anybody that's using Grand 2 ver 4.3? Does your Grand 2's battery have the mistake that can't fully charged from lower than 15%? When you charge, it just stops @89% or 93% but if you remove your battery away and then put it in again, turn on it will reach 100% immediately :confused::confused::confused:

myselfajay

Feb 10, 2013
New Delhi
Same Old

Installed the update in morning. Album art on lock screen, new live wallpapers, white icons, new calculator and video apps, and a slightly improved RAM usage (~ 5-7% more empty).

What i was unable to find was the ART option. Some help.?? Also no OTG support.

EthanDev

Nov 26, 2013
how do wipe cache please?
i am junior can you explain it to me?
press volume up + home button + power button simultaneously... it will go to recovery boot.. from there use volume buttons to scroll down to wipe cache partition and select it by pressing the power button...then select reboot system now.. NO COMMAND message will be displayed but nothing to worry...:)

Reactions: myselfajay
Jul 15, 2014
Unfortunately, com.android. phone service has been stopped

On date: 14/07/2014 I've updated kitkat 4.4.2 on my galaxy grand 2 successfully, After updating when we enable one-handed operation > keypad and in-call buttons option when we call to anyone or we receive call it shows messages that unfortunately, com.android. phone has been stopped and call get disconnected. So kindly check & resolve the same

navedsiddiqui

Jul 15, 2014
Yes

@chiragvagh: Does yr Grand 2 have reboot mistake? As I heard many people have that mistake, it reboots continuously.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Hi there. Is there anybody that's using Grand 2 ver 4.3? Does your Grand 2's battery have the mistake that can't fully charged from lower than 15%? When you charge, it just stops @89% or 93% but if you remove your battery away and then put it in again, turn on it will reach 100% immediately :confused::confused::confused:
Yes, I do face similar problem with my grand 2. Charged full but stopped on 87% and when you remove battery and re-insert it showed 100% charged.

AhmedNinja

Jul 15, 2014

press volume up + home button + power button simultaneously... it will go to recovery boot.. from there use volume buttons to scroll down to wipe cache partition and select it by pressing the power button...then select reboot system now.. NO COMMAND message will be displayed but nothing to worry...:)
Thx you very much

EthanDev

Nov 26, 2013
On date: 14/07/2014 I've updated kitkat 4.4.2 on my galaxy grand 2 successfully, After updating when we enable one-handed operation > keypad and in-call buttons option when we call to anyone or we receive call it shows messages that unfortunately, com.android. phone has been stopped and call get disconnected. So kindly check & resolve the same
Nope didnt face such problem...did you accidentally delete something important??

Attachments

Jul 15, 2014
Unfortunately, com.android. phone service has been stopped

No sir I haven't delete anything. .....If I disabled mentioned feature then I am able to receive &
Make call

ntnr32

Feb 16, 2014
recovery mode problem

guys help me
recovery mode is not working
i m getting black screen and then getting rebooted
unable to open recovery mode after installing philz touch recovery

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures