Got mine... So far, so awful.

Search This thread

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
I can't believe how laggy and how horrible this thing scores on benchmarks. I am getting 118k on AnTuTu and 1200/3200 in Geekbench. Worse than the G5. I wiped it and ran the tests again with the same results. About three hours into ownership and I am totally disappointed. It's probably going back to TMobile.

Last edited:

Fred98TJ

Sep 15, 2013
Last edited:

HtcOnekid

Mar 25, 2014
Jajajaja it does feel small maybe is out mind playing tricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
For some odd reason the nav bar is absolutely enormous, even in small display mode, making the usable area of the screen quite a bit less than 5.7, making it feel much more like 5.2/౩. If it weren't for the always on display this thing would already be back in the box.

HtcOnekid

Mar 25, 2014
Dont say such things as return this is the future etc s8 so we better get used to it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aria12

thenarratorr

May 14, 2015
It really does feel laggy to me. Even moving around the play store, scrolling web pages. Am I just spoiled by iOS?

Idk it felt slow and as you said, benchmarks are way less than those others with an SD821

gharris040604

Sep 18, 2008
minneapolis
It really does feel laggy to me. Even moving around the play store, scrolling web pages. Am I just spoiled by iOS?

Idk it felt slow and as you said, benchmarks are way less than those others with an SD821
Yea I score way more than that on my v20, once you root and remove the bloat you guys will be fine. For the ones complaining of size have you held the v20, that maybe the phone for ya.

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Yea I score way more than that on my v20, once you root and remove the bloat you guys will be fine. For the ones complaining of size have you held the v20, that maybe the phone for ya.

My G6 feels faster than my G4. I almost got the V20 but it didn't have wireless charging. I got a wireless charging sticker for the G4. I'll try to get use to this odd 5.7" screen size.

The G6 really reminds me of my old 5" HTC DNA with Verizon that was the 1st phone to have wireless charging back in like 2012.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Dan37tz

Apr 22, 2011
After a full days use on my T-Mobile LG G6, it's definitely not as buttery as my Pixel but performance is good enough for an Android device running last year's silicon. You can tell the software isn't optimized for the SD821 like it is on the Pixel. The Pixel is by far the smoothest phone I've ever used.

So far the only thing that bugs me is the uneven LCD screen, the bottom half is warmer than the top which triggers my OCD like crazy and I see it every time on a white background. Brings back memories of my OnePlus One days where I had to exchange 4 different times to get a half way decent screen.

I'm getting really good battery life so far which is a good sign and it charges way faster than my Pixel it seems. Camera so far has been pretty meh... I took a few night pictures and they come out better on my Pixel.

So far, Pixel to me is still the king, I'll most likely return this thing and try the Galaxy S8. If that doesn't blow me away, I'm hanging onto my Pixel until the next gen version.

Last edited:

gharris040604

Sep 18, 2008
minneapolis
After a full days use on my T-Mobile LG G6, it's definitely not as buttery as my Pixel but performance is good enough for an Android device running last year's silicon. You can tell the software isn't optimized for the SD821 like it is on the Pixel. The Pixel is by far the smoothest phone I've ever used.

So far the only thing that bugs me is the uneven LCD screen, the bottom half is warmer than the top which triggers my OCD like crazy and I see it every time on a white background. Brings my memories of my OnePlus One day where I had to exchange 4 different times to get a half way decent screen.

I'm getting really good battery life so far which is a good sign and it charges way faster than my Pixel it seems. Camera so far has been pretty meh... I took a few night pictures and on my Pixel they come out better.

So far, Pixel to me is still the king, I'll most likely return this thing and try the Galaxy S8. If that doesn't blow me again, I'm hanging onto my Pixel until the next gen version.
Don't worry once you guys get root you can use kcal to adjust screen calibration as we guys with the v20s are doing

thenarratorr

May 14, 2015
By the time we root do anything it'll be time to jump to an S8+ lol. Just need to get this google home order submitted.

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
yeah I`m waiting on ATT version, but I`m been with android forever, I`m also thinking of getting Iphone 7 plus and I have played with my wife`s phone and love how smooth and quick it is, not sure yet.........but I`m little concerned with the issues reported

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
Root is not fixing this thing's performance issues. It's not bloat causing it, its just clearly unoptimized. You will definitely want software updates enabled to get hopefully optimized software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone has a lot of likable things going for it but the lag is insane. Don't get me started on gaming performance. I opened up Pokemon go and the game is terrible on this phone. Everything lags like 2-3 seconds (doesn't even register the spins half the time for poke stops). Network connectivity is pretty slow too and unreliable. I buy a lot of phones and was using a 7 plus up till I decided to get this. This compared to that is pathetic. This is a 650 dollar phone and I could spend 300 less or more and get the G5 Plus from Motorola and it would perform better than this heap of crap.
    You lost me at Pokémon.

lol, Im starting to thoroughly enjoy the fact that your phone is aggravating you and not the rest of us. The fact that you are paying for a device you are clearly upset with is comical and at this point rather entertaining. I think I'll go scroll through my settings a few times to enjoy the smoothness and pure speed of this device.
    After using the phone all day yesterday and installing and setting up about 60 apps as well as my exchange server that loads emails dating back to 2008, Im not seeing any lag what so ever. I played a little asphalt 8 and it ran perfectly smooth the entire time. I dont do the pokemon thing but Mario Run also ran great. If I want to see lag, I'll turn my S7 on and do my best not to throw that phone through the window. The only issue I have had with the phone so far was the T-Mobile app would not stop running. I had to clear the data and revoke all permissions to it because it was destroying my battery.

As for the size and form factor, Im loving it. Coming from a Mate 9 and S7, the G6 feels perfect, especially in the SUPCASE.
    Honestly, I think the people with "no lag" actually have lag, they just aren't used to the speed that a new flagship phone should have. Coming from an S7, yes, this phone is very fast. Coming from a device known for good performance (mate 9, mi mix, iphone 7) this thing is a dog. I could argue that its slower than my nexus 6p. I had to set the animations to .5x just to get the illusion that its a reasonably fast phone.

This is laughable... I get several phones per year, all flagship. Sometimes people get bad devices. Sometimes bugs need to be worked out. No one ever seems to be happy with a new device. Everyone conjures up this utopian dream of how their phone should perform. I see it in every phone thread dating back as far as I can remember.

Sent from my SM-N920T using XDA Labs
    The benchmarks only serve to reaffirm that the phone has performance issues, for me. As soon as I started updating a few apps from the play store I was taken aback on how much the phone starter stuttering. Then some stuff as simple as settings pages were lagging. Obviously there is some issue with software optimization, but odds are the update to fix it will not come within my 14 day return window.

Samsung stuff is garbage, IMO, even with the 835. That UI and battery life; much better off getting the Mate 9 (the best android phone available at the moment).

Ive had many many phones (every flag ship, every nexus).....and there are always people who dont like this or that. Doesnt matter if the phone had a 900 SOC and 16 GB ram with a 5000mah battery. Something would be wrong with it.

I have not had an issue at all in the 20 hours ive had the phone. Always when getting all your apps downloaded and the cache built up will there be lag. If I was to complain about anything it would be that its not an Oled screen, and the form factor. But I knew that going in. There is always a percentage of defective things manufactured, maybe you got a bad egg.