Got my kaiser today

Search This thread

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Just recieved my kaiser today. Its on charge now should be ready for me to go to work. So I am just welcoming my self to the kaiser community:D

SOME OF MY OWN CUSTOMISATIONS SO FAR.:eek:

I hope POF finds away around the CID and hopefully will have olipro input on getting an hardspl ready for kaiser with some donations going to him and POF:rolleyes: .

This should give us a first headway of getting some home cooking roms for the kaiser.

Anyways I'm a happy man now. It took me selling my hermes for £200 and upgrading to a nokia n95 and sold it for £280 to get my kaiser I hope its worth it as I really miss my Htc Tytn;)

Attachments

• comm.jpg
    comm.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen006.jpg
    Screen006.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
UPDATE

My KAISER came with
CE OS 5.2.1620 (BUILD 18125.0.4.2)

ROM VERSION 1.56.405.5
ROM DATE 08/28/07
RADIO VERSION 1.27.12.11
PROTOCOL VERSION 22.45.88.07H

storage
total 133.91 mb
in use 6.43
free 127.48 mb

program
total 101.38 mb
in use 29.73 mb
free 71.65 mb

I still see htc still hasnt fix the ugly 3g icon in their rom

Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
my own kaiser customisations

just doing some quick customisation of my new kaiser thought i would share
1. change windows media player skin
2. change comm manager
3. replace htc x button with latest one

planning to change keyboard to balck one

Attachments

• Screen006.jpg
    Screen006.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 42
  • comm.jpg
    comm.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 48

e-dub

Apr 18, 2006
BNA
www.shadowlawrecordings.com
waiting on mine to get here today (took the day off work and all that). I tracked the package when I woke up, and it said incorrect address. so I call the shipping company, confirm my address, and the lady asks "and the name of the business is tytn?". I was upset when I called in, but that made me do an ell oh ell.

can't wait!

eric b

nuclear

Nov 28, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I am very excited to join the Kaiser community as well. I have parted the Athena community and I am glad I got rid of the Athena. I will still continue to help people in the Athena community but Kaiser is where my heart remains. I will stay tuned for HTC Omni. So what should we all new Kaiser users start off by doing? SuperCID unlock? Or is that unecessary for custom ROM usage?

Oh yea I luv my iPhone above all other devices ^^

victoradjei

Nov 8, 2004
I am very excited to join the Kaiser community as well. I have parted the Athena community and I am glad I got rid of the Athena. I will still continue to help people in the Athena community but Kaiser is where my heart remains. I will stay tuned for HTC Omni. So what should we all new Kaiser users start off by doing? SuperCID unlock? Or is that unecessary for custom ROM usage?

Maybe we should ask how many Athena guys have ended up here? :D I am keeping mine for awhile while Keizer takes 1st spot :cool:

RemE

Jan 2, 2007
SoCal
Welcome aboard!

Are you using this X-Button? Checking it out it seems that it's got a OK/X Bug? Can you verify?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=330046&highlight=HTC+X-Button

For black keyboard, I was turned on the Resco Keyboard Pro, very nice on-screen keyboard!, very flexible/skinnable, with calculator :cool:

I've applied JJ's Black theme, Black Dialer, Schaps Com Manager and am loving my Kaiser, a nice evolution from Hermes.

The only function I really miss is Vjay Lumos, we really need a mappable display bright toggle key. The Kaiser's screen is not transreflective and a brightness "bump" would be very helpful while out and about outdoors.

Last edited:

jomo25

Mar 1, 2005
just doing some quick customisation of my new kaiser thought i would share
1. change windows media player skin
2. change comm manager
3. replace htc x button with latest one

planning to change keyboard to balck one

Welcome Duttythroy! I hope you are planning to do some cooking on the Kaiser...your help in tweaking the ROMs would be greatly appreciated. I haven't made any customizations on mine yet (other than changing the WM skin and installing a crapload of software).

The CommMgr one is the one I want the most. I want one that just essentially adds the 3G button to the existing one in the open space on the window. Other than that, I'm quite happy with it stock at this point. But I'm sure new cooked ROMs will add lots of tweaks that will make it even better...

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london

Its really a good phone enjoying it only bug I found so far

gps keeps losing signal
internet explorer bug when browsing very slow and buggy:(

Last time i saw you was in the universal forum ages ago.

i still love my x7500 and will keep it.

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Welcome Duttythroy! I hope you are planning to do some cooking on the Kaiser...your help in tweaking the ROMs would be greatly appreciated. I haven't made any customizations on mine yet (other than changing the WM skin and installing a crapload of software).

The CommMgr one is the one I want the most. I want one that just essentially adds the 3G button to the existing one in the open space on the window. Other than that, I'm quite happy with it stock at this point. But I'm sure new cooked ROMs will add lots of tweaks that will make it even better...

yeah thats the one I am using but i believe its got a small bug sometimes but still a grat improvement over the 1.51 version to me.

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Its really a good phone enjoying it only bug I found so far

gps keeps losing signal
internet explorer bug when browsing very slow and buggy:(

Last time i saw you was in the universal forum ages ago.

i still love my x7500 and will keep it.

Agree about the PIE bug.
GPS - I wonder whether it's worth a hard reset and a re-run of the quick GPS for you. I only say this cos mine, even indoors is very good at holding a signal using tomtom at least.

Mike

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Agree about the PIE bug.
GPS - I wonder whether it's worth a hard reset and a re-run of the quick GPS for you. I only say this cos mine, even indoors is very good at holding a signal using tomtom at least.

Mike

will try and hard reset tomorow and test it again. picks up signal really quick but doesnt hold it switches from 2 to 3 to 2 and to 6 and so forth.

using tomtom with settings for gps set to biult in gps and external gps program port set to com 4. gps hardware port none.