Question Got my new P50 Pro, can I make it usable or should I sell it?

Search This thread

HVentura78

May 22, 2022
Hello, i use spark and mymail and i get real time notifications without problems ( yahoo and outlook), try it
By the way, services core doesn't appear on battery so i can disable the automatic optimization, is this normal? Now i was able to make it work but after some 10 minutes i only get push notifications when i "wake up" the phone. as soon as i tap the screen they appear but not before that.

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
By the way, services core doesn't appear on battery so i can disable the automatic optimization, is this normal? Now i was able to make it work but after some 10 minutes i only get push notifications when i "wake up" the phone. as soon as i tap the screen they appear but not before that.
In my phone i can see both (vanced manager and vanced microG) and spark and mymail, i can check " don't allow battery optimizations" and everything is working for me

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
In battery you can find " app launch" , you can find vanced microG, spark and mymail, uncheck automatic optimizations ( but left the other choices checked), i hope that working for you

Reactions: HVentura78

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
Do not try to connect your Google account to microG, it does not work. And it is not needed for notifications

HVentura78

May 22, 2022

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
I have been there a few times myself, the disconnections feel like a feature, not a big. Even if it snows disconnected, it connects again after some time. But otherwise there is a house within microg to get around battery optimizations

BuzzFuzz

Account currently disabled
Feb 16, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
I have just tested P50 Pocket and Gspace. I don't have problems with apps loading time. Everything is actually fast.

The only problem is that all this Gspace apps are not showing up in other launchers. I tested Lawnchair and Nova.

Everytime you create a new app shortcut from Gspace, this app shows only in Huawei launcher and not in Nova or Lawnchair.

Anyone knows how to fix this, if possible?
If I can manage to do this, I can run P50 pocket as daily phone.

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
I have just tested P50 Pocket and Gspace. I don't have problems with apps loading time. Everything is actually fast.

The only problem is that all this Gspace apps are not showing up in other launchers. I tested Lawnchair and Nova.

Everytime you create a new app shortcut from Gspace, this app shows only in Huawei launcher and not in Nova or Lawnchair.

Anyone knows how to fix this, if possible?
If I can manage to do this, I can run P50 pocket as daily phone.
That's weird because they appeared for me I Niagra. Did you have Nova or Lawnchair set as the default at the time? Also which version of the pocket? Chinese or international.

I keep hearing about navigation apps that don't work ...
Which are those ??
Is everyone really stuck on Android Auto or on Maps with login ?? Otherwise, Maps works perfectly without logging in ...
Waze, Petal maps, Here we go and many others are working fine too.
Even in Romania we have more and more functional banking applications on phones without GMS ...
Curve payments can be used for NFC payments, if the personal application used is not yet available in the App gallery.
Yeah, but some of us really needs android auto, so maybe P50 Pro/Mate 40 Pro it's not a good option unfortunately

xzces

Jul 24, 2007
That's weird because they appeared for me I Niagra. Did you have Nova or Lawnchair set as the default at the time? Also which version of the pocket? Chinese or international.
I use nova and gbox. All shortcuts are shown. I have a seperate folder for gbox apps because I also have them outside gbox without Google. They work fine, you only miss out on widget

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already sold it, too late...
    You did the right thing. This phone is crap without Google services.
    There are too many apps that uses background services. Try strava, garmin connect, wolt... Your best choice is to stay away from this phone. I switched back to my old P30 PRO. At least it is working.
    @khrystyan27, many Google apps are running without problems even without GMS.
    Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, those are running fine without GMS.
    I use, on Mate40 pro, alot of apps without any problem (in addition to those listed) ... Telegram, Signal, Yahoo mail, Google translate, etc ...
    As an alternative to YouTube, I use YouTube vanced (with the possibility of logging in).
    Even Maps are running fine, without loging options, offcourse. If I want to connect to Maps, I use it into Ourplay (I tried GSpace too, I didn't like it).
    Even the banking applications are starting to work, more and more, for NFC payment.
    I use PayPal or Curve without any inconvenient, together with local banking applications.
    So, before to use those apps you need into the virtual machines like VMOS, GSpace or Ourplay (that's what these applications are, virtual machines), try to use them normally.
    I keep hearing about navigation apps that don't work ...
    Which are those ??
    Is everyone really stuck on Android Auto or on Maps with login ?? Otherwise, Maps works perfectly without logging in ...
    Waze, Petal maps, Here we go and many others are working fine too.
    Even in Romania we have more and more functional banking applications on phones without GMS ...
    Curve payments can be used for NFC payments, if the personal application used is not yet available in the App gallery.
    Maybe I should step back. But where to? Honestly Gspace is crap. I am locked to google with a lot of apps - no doubt about it (no games at all). Guess what. It works. Apple users do not complain at all.
    Right now I have this phone at home unused with a map named NOT WORKING of some 20-30 apps (bank, parking, navigation, measuring tools and specific work apps). And I cant sell the phone because everybody now know the problem. It is CRAP without GMS. You can step back if you want. I can't.
    I am simply waiting for someone to put on Harmony OS on international version, make it usable and sell the damn thing ASAP!
    And how exactly does Harmony make it more useful?
    Hi,

Do you have notifications on outlook? I had the P40 Pro so i can easily live withou GMS but outlook notifications are killing me... Just got the P50 Pro and i already tried 6 or 7 mail clients trying to sort this out...

Thank you for your help!
    Hello, i use spark and mymail and i get real time notifications without problems ( yahoo and outlook), try it