Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

Check the app drawer Gf got Samsung note and there's an app called all share

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA

Reactions: SuperStoner

prawnballs

Aug 13, 2010
I don't want to stream a video,, I want to stream my Phone Screen

I have a feeling that you will need the All Cast Dongle accessory in order to stream your screen. I have no proof of this and it should work without on a Samsung SmartTV - I was certainly hoping it would work without as we recently bought a SmartTV.

leith51

Feb 23, 2009
I have a feeling that you will need the All Cast Dongle accessory in order to stream your screen. I have no proof of this and it should work without on a Samsung SmartTV - I was certainly hoping it would work without as we recently bought a SmartTV.

When they was showing the feature at the big show they did say if you had Samsung smart tv you wouldn't need the dongle

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com

I read somewhere that you don't need the dongle if you have a samsung smart tv/bluray 2010 model or later

Anyone the option should be listed even if I don't have the dongle

Apologies for side tracking but what is the phone like?

The phone is simply amazing :D

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
I read somewhere that you don't need the dongle if you have a samsung smart tv/bluray 2010 model or later

Anyone the option should be listed even if I don't have the dongle

The phone is simply amazing :D

Actually it could be possible that it works by the TV or dongle registering itself on the WiFi network it's using, and only presenting the option to the phone if a smart tv/dongle is found?

Atleast i found it mighty suspicious that they could only find one TV at the demos, there must've been more than just one right? Unless they were all on different networks.

Nokia7Vista

Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Actually it could be possible that it works by the TV or dongle registering itself on the WiFi network it's using, and only presenting the option to the phone if a smart tv/dongle is found?

Atleast i found it mighty suspicious that they could only find one TV at the demos, there must've been more than just one right? Unless they were all on different networks.

My phone and TV were connected at the same network,, still no option ?? :(

Last edited:

leith51

Feb 23, 2009
Wots the nearby devices do/show if you press on it

And maybe its like a Bluetooth connection you have to make both tv and phone visable to each other then pair them

There should be some instructions lol

H

hot_spare

Check this youtube video --

I think you need that dongle as I see they were mirroring the video on a Samsung TV using that dongle.

I think there is another AllShare Play which probably acts like a cloud solution.

Details here: allshareplay(dot)com

can't post links yet :(

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

^^ They won't even allow me to embedd a youtube video.

Here's the link anyway: O-sAEJmTswU

Nokia7Vista

Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Thank you all for your replies :)

Anyway

Might have found your answer

http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/samsun...ings-tv-phone/

Plus use play store type in smartview

Let us know if this is it

That was released in 2011 for Galaxy S2,, and samsung still didn't support ICS Devices

Here is where the option should be found According to a video on Youtube and not AllShare Play:

safari1.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When they was showing the feature at the big show they did say if you had Samsung smart tv you wouldn't need the dongle

Greetings,,

I bought a galaxy s3 on saturday

And today when I wanted to test Allshare cast feature with a samsung smart tv

I didn't find the option??

screenshot2012052816431.png

Any help?

Greetings,,

I bought a galaxy s3 on saturday

And today when I wanted to test Allshare cast feature with a samsung smart tv

I didn't find the option??

screenshot2012052816431.png

Any help?

Check the app drawer Gf got Samsung note and there's an app called all share

I havr an allshare play icon,, but it only allows to access nearby media files
    screenshot2012052817572.png

According to the videos I saw about Allshare cast,, the option should be found in the settings where I took the screenshot provided in the main post
    go to the video player and play a video and search for options from there on

I don't want to stream a video,, I want to stream my Phone Screen

What's the firmware ?

Baseband Version:
    I9300XXLE8

Build Number:
    IMM76D.I9300XXALE8