Got my X5 Pro Yesterday impressed with 1 annoying bug refresh rate in Google apps...Some of.

Search This thread

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
Hi,

Loving the device so far, Very slick and the build quality is awesome, Camera is excellent! Better than I imagined for a Chinese phone, It feels almost like the perfect smartphone, I'm glad I chose this now and not the OP 10 Pro.

1 annoying issue I have though is scrolling refresh rate in Google photos and the menu scrolling in Google maps is jittery.

This is not present on my 8 Pro and I have no idea why, It makes using Google photos quite a horrible experience to be honest, I can't find a way to force higher refresh rate for specific apps alao, Doesn't look like it's possible.

Does anyone know how to report bugs to Oppo?

Update...

Weird lol just gone back into photos and now it's smooth I have no idea why, What it is still doing though is mis touches with the screen and scrolling, It's nowhere near as fast as my OP 8 Pro and does not seem to be as responsive either in the sense that trying to scroll fast with your finger results in mis touches of the screen not picking your finger up, I hope they are aware of this and it gets fixed soon.

Update again lol, Scrub that it's not smooth in Google photos at all I posted this from my 8 Pro not even realising lol.

Last edited:

Baxy87

Apr 3, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know. It's a pain. My previous device was an s21 ultra and had no issues with 120hz. I guess oppo do it for power saving maybe. I'm pretty sure one plus do something similar. Try the app worked for me. You'll have to go in to the app every time you restart the device. So it's not a permanent fix but gets the job done.

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
I know. It's a pain. My previous device was an s21 ultra and had no issues with 120hz. I guess oppo do it for power saving maybe. I'm pretty sure one plus do something similar. Try the app worked for me. You'll have to go in to the app every time you restart the device. So it's not a permanent fix but gets the job done.

That works thanks mate appreciate it, Butter smooth now, If enough people complained about the refresh rate in YouTube and single speaker audio in games they may do something about it but as it stands not doesn't seem many people bare too bothered which I find rather bizarre.

Baxy87

Apr 3, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That works thanks mate appreciate it, Butter smooth now, If enough people complained about the refresh rate in YouTube and single speaker audio in games they may do something about it but as it stands not doesn't seem many people bare too bothered which I find rather bizarre.
Tbh I just don't think many people buy oppo smartphones. I've looked on Reddit and can not see anything about only 1 speaker working in games. I'll defo report the issue.

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
Tbh I just don't think many people buy oppo smartphones. I've looked on Reddit and can not see anything about only 1 speaker working in games. I'll defo report the issue.

Yeah they must not do because surely people can't be happy with 1 speaker audio and low refresh in major apps, Doesn't make sense, It completely ruins the immersive experience in COD mobile can't hear footsteps or where people bare coming from.

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
Hi mate just to let you. New update fixes the audio issues. Set VPN to France and download the latest version.
Thanks mate yeah I just saw that in another post just updating now...

Did you get your pre order pack mate also?

I haven't heard anything and claimed the same day I got the phone on release day?

At least they were true to their word that this update would fix stereo audio in gaming :)