Got phone ✔ Unlocked bootloader ✔ Rooted with Magisk ✔

Search This thread

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
Just picked the phone up, instantly unlocked the bootloader, flashed patched boot.img Magisk gave and root has been achieved.

Now to enjoy this beast as it should be enjoyed. Sure, the camera broke but screw the camera!

pablo19921989

Jul 18, 2018
Hello my friend, excuse me. How do you get the boot.img file to Modify with Magisk manager? thank you very much!!

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
Hello my friend, excuse me. How do you get the boot.img file to Modify with Magisk manager? thank you very much!!

You get it from kernel.sin which can be found in the firmware. You can use rar to open it and extract kernel.sin.
I used a little tool called unsin.exe that converts the kernel.sin to kernel.img and you simply rename it to boot.img.

You put boot.img on your phone, load up Magisk, press install, press patch boot image.
It will put patched_boot.img in your downloads folder which you put on your pc and simply flash patched_boot.img via adb.

When you've done that, boot the phone and you have root.

pablo19921989

Jul 18, 2018
thank youuuu so mach man. You're the best !!! I found the tool here, in xda (many thanks to Igor Eisberg). Your explanation has been clear and very useful to me. The file that I extracted from the firmware is "kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-B6B5.sin". And it worked !!!
Do not use your phone's camera? Sorry my bad english !!!

Plazma1

Nov 21, 2008
If the original posters are still around - what exactly do you mean by the camera isn't working? You aren't getting any photos at all?

Gkstates

Nov 29, 2014
I followed this but after converted the B6B5.bin into boot.img and flashed it, I got stuck with "your device is corrupted" and couldn't boot into recovery or anything. I'm on H8166 Dual Sim. Not sure if that makes a difference

NotUsedToAndroid

Apr 16, 2020
I followed this but after converted the B6B5.bin into boot.img and flashed it, I got stuck with "your device is corrupted" and couldn't boot into recovery or anything. I'm on H8166 Dual Sim. Not sure if that makes a difference

I bricked mine as well, but in a different way... Can somebody please advise how to fix this? :eek: Thank you in advance, guys!

Asbed

Mar 25, 2022
hi... greetings.
this is very important: I would love to see if u guide us the easiest/best way to unlock bootloader.
thx... have fun.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just picked the phone up, instantly unlocked the bootloader, flashed patched boot.img Magisk gave and root has been achieved.

Now to enjoy this beast as it should be enjoyed. Sure, the camera broke but screw the camera!