• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Got super glue on inner screen protector, and saved it!

Search This thread
Hey all, probably a 1 in a 1,000,000 situation happened to me this morning. I was fixing something in the house with Gorilla Glue gel super glue and dumb me touched the inner screen with some residue on my finger. I didn't notice it until a few hours later and there were 4ish small marks that looked like scratches but were glue prints. I freaked out, OMG what I have just done. Thank the Lord, I got it all removed.

1. Took alcohol prep wipe to screen and lightly rubbed until pad dry, it removed a little but not much.
2. Laid dry alcohol wipe on marks, then applied Goo Gone to pad. Lightly rubbed, and left for 10min to soak.
3. After soaking rubbed lightly the cotton pad soaked in Goo Gone, like 80% of the mark is now gone.
4. Took a fresh new Mr Clean Magic Eraser standard, wet it, squeezed it, and rubbed the remaining marks gently, to my prayers, it removed all the remaining marks.

No scuffs, no marks, no sign of it ever happening. Whew!

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Lucky is right!
I HATE CA fingers, that's what we call it when you have that stuff all over your fingers that's hard and even harder to get off.
Just remember the cleaner your fingers are the longer that protector will stay pristine. At MOH2 it doesn't take much to abrade it.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I act if superglue is acid. (Which it is)
And make sure to not have anything else around. And always deep wash my hands before touching anything else.

ivigneshwaran

Jun 11, 2019
mumbai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey all, probably a 1 in a 1,000,000 situation happened to me this morning. I was fixing something in the house with Gorilla Glue gel super glue and dumb me touched the inner screen with some residue on my finger. I didn't notice it until a few hours later and there were 4ish small marks that looked like scratches but were glue prints. I freaked out, OMG what I have just done. Thank the Lord, I got it all removed.

1. Took alcohol prep wipe to screen and lightly rubbed until pad dry, it removed a little but not much.
2. Laid dry alcohol wipe on marks, then applied Goo Gone to pad. Lightly rubbed, and left for 10min to soak.
3. After soaking rubbed lightly the cotton pad soaked in Goo Gone, like 80% of the mark is now gone.
4. Took a fresh new Mr Clean Magic Eraser standard, wet it, squeezed it, and rubbed the remaining marks gently, to my prayers, it removed all the remaining marks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sadly Gorilla Glue doesn't = Gorilla Glass man ;)

it's a banging strain tho :ROFLMAO:
    I see what you did there...heh