GPS bug fixed with OCLF

Search This thread

borchgrevink

Jul 5, 2010
Has anybody else experienced this? My GPS was all over the place before I ran the OCLF. Now it is spot on all the time. Fast fix AND on track all the time.

bigdyl69

Feb 12, 2008
Denbigh
Now that's interesting. And you didn't change anything else bar installing oclf? Might be worth a try, I used to use oclf before I started using SpeedMod kernel for lag fix. What settings did you use?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

alsheron

Jul 15, 2006
Send it back - seriously - I have one and would get rid of it in a heartbeat because of such bad GPS problems. It doesn't get any sort of useful GPS fix. The Nexus S is supposedly a bit better so at least get that instead if you can't wait for Galaxy S 2

radeon_x

Jan 13, 2006
Nope, did not do anything else. Just ran OCLF v. 2

The thing is this... Use it for a few days with maps, nav, etc then tell us if its still fixed. A few good locks means nothing. In my experience the random inaccuracy is never really fixed... It's a faulty hardware design.

Sent from my GT-I9000M

steve57925

Sep 30, 2009
strood
just to point out mine always says im at my front door or in next doors house if im sitting in my dining room so in my opinion its pretty acurate on the galaxy s i have

borchgrevink

Jul 5, 2010
The thing is this... Use it for a few days with maps, nav, etc then tell us if its still fixed. A few good locks means nothing. In my experience the random inaccuracy is never really fixed... It's a faulty hardware design.

Sent from my GT-I9000M

Nope, it works CONSISTANTLY/ALWAYS after I ran the lag fix (over long routes)... Worked very erraticly before.

Hemsopanha

Dec 28, 2010
Hey, guys! I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just can't seem to run a Direction thing. I can't get my sgs to show me the route from my location to others at all. I live in southeast asia. Whenever i try it, it says, "transits routing isn't available...bla bla bla".

P.S. I'm rolling on 2.2 with oclf lagfix. 1850 benchmark score

Geryatrix

May 12, 2010
Northampton
Hey, guys! I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just can't seem to run a Direction thing. I can't get my sgs to show me the route from my location to others at all. I live in southeast asia. Whenever i try it, it says, "transits routing isn't available...bla bla bla".

P.S. I'm rolling on 2.2 with oclf lagfix. 1850 benchmark score

As far as I know, route planning and satelite navigation are not available in all countries. This is a Google thing, not a SGS thing.

imkr1

Account currently disabled
Oct 18, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
How to check number of sateltie lock??

Hi, I'm using OCLF but i really don't know how to check number of
satelites lock in whenever to go Map or Navigation??

Thanks