gps does not work on lineageos 18.1

Search This thread

kyle2570

Oct 23, 2020
Ottawa,ON
Google Pixel 2
I already did the formatting and installation from scratch, to install lineage 18.1, and this I believe is enough to solve the problem, but it did not.
It doesn't matter what you did during installation.

After installation, go to system, advanced, reset options, erase all data( factory reset). Reboot, GPS should work.
It worked for me to fix GPS on two different phones.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
It doesn't matter what you did during installation.

After installation, go to system, advanced, reset options, erase all data( factory reset). Reboot, GPS should work.
It worked for me to fix GPS on two different phones.
Different phones are different phones. And GPS is highly device specific. For unofficial lineageOS read the release notes. For official android go outdoors, wait 10 minutes. If GPS fails, install another android version or stock ROM to confirm hardware is OK. Then file a bug report.

Speed42

May 20, 2018
installed, today's new update of lineage 18.1, and solved the gps problem, but it is working with the help of the gps locker, but at least it is working now.

tfbiky

Jul 25, 2013
Did you try to clear AGPS data by, say, GPSTest? Mine did not work after updating to 18.1, and after clearing the AGPS data, it works immediately.
First try it worked, after clean install I can't get gps to work. With SuperiorOS the same. GPS workded wirh GPSTest but not with google maps for example.
Then I installed MSM Xtended with gapps and anything works fine, but OS is much slower than linage, so not the best choice at the moment too.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
First try it worked, after clean install I can't get gps to work. With SuperiorOS the same. GPS workded wirh GPSTest but not with google maps for example.
Then I installed MSM Xtended with gapps and anything works fine, but OS is much slower than linage, so not the best choice at the moment too.
With/without GApps makes a difference for location estimation by visible WiFi networks. GPS is not affected. Go outdoors into an area without houses.

la0pe0Ue

Jan 9, 2018

With/without GApps makes a difference for location estimation by visible WiFi networks. GPS is not affected. Go outdoors into an area without houses.
Another way to enable the network location without GApps is to install UnifiedNlp. This patch makes UnifiedNlp possible in the official build.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone