• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

gps does not work on lineageos 18.1

Search This thread

caraman

Aug 2, 2021
Google Pixel 4
I am the ultra noob:ROFLMAO: Just had to read A LOT trying to solve issues while flashing the first rom, etc. the last few days - some things stuck, luckily.
I assume you want to stick to using google maps (which I understand), but would you consider a replacement?
I had to reflash LOS yesterday after I almost bricked my phone trying to change lineage recovery to twrp recovery - long story short - I found "Magic Earth Navigation & Maps" (Aurora Store) and I cant believe how good this is. I am telling you this, because it does not need any gsf (google framework services) and it runs without any trackers (both things are important to me). Runs super smooth. Maybe this will be an alternative.
Cheers!
PS: There is an option to deactivate the lockscreen while charging your phone in the developers menu.

KostasVaf

Aug 11, 2018
I am the ultra noob:ROFLMAO: Just had to read A LOT trying to solve issues while flashing the first rom, etc. the last few days - some things stuck, luckily.
I assume you want to stick to using google maps (which I understand), but would you consider a replacement?
I had to reflash LOS yesterday after I almost bricked my phone trying to change lineage recovery to twrp recovery - long story short - I found "Magic Earth Navigation & Maps" (Aurora Store) and I cant believe how good this is. I am telling you this, because it does not need any gsf (google framework services) and it runs without any trackers (both things are important to me). Runs super smooth. Maybe this will be an alternative.
Cheers!
PS: There is an option to deactivate the lockscreen while charging your phone in the developers menu.
Yeah I am used to google maps.
Tbh it somehow fixed itself. Either via the official motorola drivers that I installed or the "GPS Test" app that I downloaded and reset everything automatically or something like that I don't reallt know.
Thanks for the alternative so!

evgen48

Sep 13, 2021
Same with my Galaxy S5 and LOS 18.1 Strava not working, Osmand+ not working, all other apps not working. GPSTest found position in 5 seconds, another sports tracking app that probably not using standard location provider works fine. Tried unifiedNLP with recent version of GSMLocationProvider - cannot register this service within system. LOS 17.1 works pefectly with regars to location, with GAPPS, while it was not a nano package, but some more bigger package - might be that matter?

Top Liked Posts