GPS FIX for Gingerbread leak

Search This thread

hienkhieu

May 9, 2008
Guys,

I think I find the solution for the weak GPS lock for Gingerbread leak ROMs. Flash this zip in Clockworkmod and let me know if it works for you. For me, I can get 9 out of 9 sats. See screen shots.

NOTE: For those who have Google Framework Force Close, do this:

In Titanium Backup, find Google Services Framework and hit clear data. (thanks kennyglass123 for this tip)

Attachments

• GPS_FIX.zip
    266.6 KB · Views: 7,204
  • snap20111026_180751.jpg
    snap20111026_180751.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,751
  • snap20111026_180743.jpg
    snap20111026_180743.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,033
Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee / Spider-Mo
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Guys,

I think I find the solution for the weak GPS lock for Gingerbread leak ROMs. Flash this zip in Clockworkmod and let me know if it works for you. For me, I can get 9 out of 9 sats. See screen shots.

What ROM is that on? EH17 modem?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Holy Sh&t!!!!! How did you do that?!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! Flashed and got 8 out of 8 indoors!!! WTF! Been chasing fixes since the first leak! I will thank every post you make here! Between this and Rodderik's beta EH17 kernel I am set!

hienkhieu

May 9, 2008

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Holy Sh&t!!!!! How did you do that?!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! Flashed and got 8 out of 8 indoors!!! WTF! Been chasing fixes since the first leak! I will thank every post you make here! Between this and Rodderik's beta EH17 kernel I am set!

You're welcome. Glad I can help.
I am on ACS ICS v.5. By the way.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Feb 19, 2010

GPS daemon from fascinate. Same thing as on cm7.

hienkhieu

May 9, 2008
so a total noob question. how do you used these fixes? I have clockwork installed and i am running gingerbread bamboozled ROM. dont know if that is relevant. Thank you.

This should be working for all Gingerbread based ROMs. All you have to do is booting to cwm recovery then select install update from zip or something like that. I don't remember exact name.

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Very nice!! I am in my basement and getting a lock on one sat. I have never gotten a lock on a satellite in my basement before. Looking forward to going upstairs. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

NOTE: For those who have Google Framework Force Close, do this:

In Titanium Backup, find Google Services Framework and hit clear data. (thanks kennyglass123 for this tip)

You're welcome. Glad I can help.
    I am on ACS ICS v.5. By the way.

Nice work hienkhieu. I'll advise anyone who flashed my zip to delete the libgps.so from system/lib.

No problem bro. We're all trying to contribute something back to our community.

GPS daemon from fascinate. Same thing as on cm7.
    so a total noob question. how do you used these fixes? I have clockwork installed and i am running gingerbread bamboozled ROM. dont know if that is relevant. Thank you.

This should be working for all Gingerbread based ROMs. All you have to do is booting to cwm recovery then select install update from zip or something like that. I don't remember exact name.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone