GPS Keeps Losing Signal

Search This thread

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
I'm wondering if others are having this issue? With various apps (Pokemon Go, Google Maps) I keep losing GPS signal. Seems to find it no problem when first starting it but will soon start losing it. Pokemon Go reconnects pretty fast but Google Maps is much slower. I'm wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. I was on stock for a while and last week switched to OOS Lite (which is still stock based) and I'm I'm still having this issue. Makes using the phone for navigation about impossible. Hoping someone can help me.

Reactions: Euclides09

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
What it shows on Google Maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160807-115449.jpg
    Screenshot_20160807-115449.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 713

Xeese

Jun 5, 2010
Google turned up several threads about this problem. OnePlus has stated it may be hardware related and only impacts some of the OP3. The latest ROM from OP seems to have more problems than earlier ones. It is supposed to get fixed in some future update but no info supplied regarding the where/when.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/help/gps-issues-t3416544/page7

More info in this thread.

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
Thanks. Well I've been in contact with OnePlus and they want to do the thing where a tech will remotely access my phone and wipe it. I doubt it will help but I'll let them. I'm wondering if it may be a software issue and I'll need a replacement. I'm not looking forward to that process. I've never done it before but heard it is a nightmare. Plus I cannot go without a phone due to work.

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
Well just flashed latest version of Cyanogen Mod and Still Seem to have the same issue. Seems to be hardware then. Ugh. Oneplus wants to do a remote thing, but soonest appointment is a week away.

pedroroxo

Dec 1, 2005
Did you resolved the GPS problem with OnePlus Support. Is it hardware or a software problem? I have the same problem with my OnePlus3

quendo9

Mar 1, 2015
I have those GPS problems as well. I opened and replacement RMA. Let's see... maybe my phone is broken. I tried the official OOS, the community build of OOS and cyanogenmod so far and there wasn't a difference in GPS performance. All poor. I guess everybody how has those issues might have a defect in the device

EmperorImpervious

Oct 27, 2011
Dallas
Any updates here?

I guess my OP3 is not up for taking on runs or bike rides like any normal modern smart phone should be. What good is GPS tracking of your outing when it loses the signal constantly, sometime for as much as several minutes? Absolutely infuriating. Updates please, and thanks in advance.

klawrg

Nov 23, 2013
I guess my OP3 is not up for taking on runs or bike rides like any normal modern smart phone should be. What good is GPS tracking of your outing when it loses the signal constantly, sometime for as much as several minutes? Absolutely infuriating. Updates please, and thanks in advance.

for me "gps signal lost" only seems to happen if the screen is off while navigating (not sure if removing google maps/whatever gps app from battery optimization has helped)

google maps seems to navigate continuously if the screen is kept on, although accuracy seems worse than prior phones (i.e. unable to tell if you're on the feeder/frontage or highway)

filoponz

Jan 26, 2014
for me "gps signal lost" only seems to happen if the screen is off while navigating (not sure if removing google maps/whatever gps app from battery optimization has helped)

google maps seems to navigate continuously if the screen is kept on, although accuracy seems worse than prior phones (i.e. unable to tell if you're on the feeder/frontage or highway)

I am experiencing better GPS performance by disabling the "Doze Mode" in the Developer Options (OxygenOS 3.2.7 and everything stock).
I hope it will help

Reactions: fedtho

RSchmauk

Mar 30, 2008
Same issue. I thought it was because I had too many apps, so I wiped. The GPS keeps losing its signal.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk

RobotPhone

May 27, 2016
Short of a rma, have you all tried the app 'gps locker'? It holds lock through a persistent notification. It worked well on my note 3 with gps issues.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Quick work around is to download gps test app from play store,

Run it, wait till you get lock,

Once you get lock, close the app but dont kill it,

Now open your other app that need constant gps (maps, waze, pokemon, uber, you name it) and use it,

GPS will run well this way,

You wont lose GPS signal, except when you are under some kind of roof

Reactions: Joe333x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm wondering if others are having this issue? With various apps (Pokemon Go, Google Maps) I keep losing GPS signal. Seems to find it no problem when first starting it but will soon start losing it. Pokemon Go reconnects pretty fast but Google Maps is much slower. I'm wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. I was on stock for a while and last week switched to OOS Lite (which is still stock based) and I'm I'm still having this issue. Makes using the phone for navigation about impossible. Hoping someone can help me.
    I don't want to lose camera quality but I'm thinking about trying a new OOS based ROM and see if that fixes the issue.
    What it shows on Google Maps.
    Google turned up several threads about this problem. OnePlus has stated it may be hardware related and only impacts some of the OP3. The latest ROM from OP seems to have more problems than earlier ones. It is supposed to get fixed in some future update but no info supplied regarding the where/when.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/help/gps-issues-t3416544/page7

More info in this thread.
    Thanks. Well I've been in contact with OnePlus and they want to do the thing where a tech will remotely access my phone and wipe it. I doubt it will help but I'll let them. I'm wondering if it may be a software issue and I'll need a replacement. I'm not looking forward to that process. I've never done it before but heard it is a nightmare. Plus I cannot go without a phone due to work.