• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

GPS NAVIGATION SOFTWARE + MAPS | [ SOFTWARE vs. REGION COMPARISON ] | FEEDBACK POLL!

Soulquarian33

Jan 3, 2011
Sydney
nsjedi.com
Just incase ya'll wondering, google maps works in Australia, I assume it will work in all other countries, if not now, then soon in the future,

I havn't needed to downloaded any other GPS software cause of google maps/navigation,

So good =)

Andrey765

Oct 31, 2010
suceava
i use Mobile Maps 10 from Sygic and it works perfect, i don't know why you people say that its not working and it's also very accurate and has very good maps.
i will post some screenshots when i have the time.

if anyone wants it PM me.

Reactions: flipmode_11

Frank C

Oct 5, 2008
When you have Sygic working please mention your Rom version and Sygic mobile maps version.
On the Sygic site Wildfire is not mentioned as compatible phone!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

Reactions: flipmode_11

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
When posting a reply, try to include the following information: (more is better!)
- GPS Software,
- Software Version,
- Your PDA/Phone ROM (Stock ROM or Moded? Which ROM?),
- Your Country,
- Your Map Version.

Example:
I have a Wildfire and use CoPilot Live Professional - I use v8.2.0.18 without any problems.
I modded my ROM and use the WildPuzzle ROM - The ROM Firmware version is v7.3 [1.28.1107.2] (Settings > About Phone > Software Information)
I do a lot of travelling so I purchased the maps for Europe which is version 1.13.5.2 - dated March 2009 (/data/vesion.dat - see below for example)

I haven't bothered buying the new version of maps as so few changes in my area. I even managed to use the Greenland maps last year! Well worth it! ;)

Here is an example of what you see inside your version.dat' file, if you have the maps as of yet! :)
Product Name: GRD_NT.EU-Europe-3.2009.01
Data Version: 1.13.5.2
Data Format: 8.0