Question GPS stopped working as it used to after debloating. Which GPS Apks are pre-installed in the phone?

Search This thread
Nov 25, 2021
Hey, title is very much self descriptive. After debloating and removing a lot of what i would think were not essentials for the phone, GPS STILL does work, but only on OsmAnd, and not on other aps that use the map, and even then it takes several minutes for me to find location on the map. I ASSUME that this is because i removed something that lets app interact with mobile towers to get location and instead it relies only on sattelites to know where i am however this is mere speculation. I'd like to know if anyone with a lot more knowledge than i have could point me at which apps this phone would use stock with GPS or location services so that i could reinstall them and see what exactly did i break.

Nov 25, 2021
Consider this a bump, but in more specific terms. Could anyone help me identify or show me a list of potential GPS-related functionality APKs that would make other map apps not work properly?

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Come on dude. Re-flashing is clearly your only option.

You would be better asking in other more popular Samsung Galaxy forums for general advice.

CloudRealm

Aug 20, 2018

use this and connect your phone via USB cable and enable ADB debugging in developer settings and give it perms when it pops up a prompt. Then set the 3 menus on the right to say All, Disabled/Uninstalled(Try Disabled and if it doesn't show anything try Uninstalled), and All Lists. It should show you a list of all the apps you have that you got rid of and you can press the button to get it back. It might work for you or it might not. If you mess up your phone even more its on you not me.
1638828549115.png

Attachments

• uad_gui-windows_kVvnoRrCLp.png
    uad_gui-windows_kVvnoRrCLp.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 7
Nov 25, 2021

use this and connect your phone via USB cable and enable ADB debugging in developer settings and give it perms when it pops up a prompt. Then set the 3 menus on the right to say All, Disabled/Uninstalled(Try Disabled and if it doesn't show anything try Uninstalled), and All Lists. It should show you a list of all the apps you have that you got rid of and you can press the button to get it back. It might work for you or it might not. If you mess up your phone even more its on you not me.View attachment 5476313
Interesting, so that way i can keep track of which apk i removed?

Nov 25, 2021
Well, i just installed a maps app in the phone after having a reset from factory and.... Its working exactly like it used to? It still wont get GPS signal. Now im wondering what's going on.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
You need to reflash everything with Odin *mod and start again. Sorry I cant help you as I needed it myself when I did the same with camera as I was debloating, and Im not sure how to do it.

I am, however, sure this is what you need to do. It is more than a factory reset.

Nov 25, 2021
Well... I did a factory reset again and this time the second that i connected the phone to the internet i downloaded a maps apk that i was using and... Yeah, it cant locate the phone, so either using only GPS no wifi the phone is hardly able to locate itself, or the phone is doing something weird about the GPS that my previous phone didn't, or the only time i accidentally dropped my phone from like 1 feet into the ground i broke something which is real unlikely, or the GPS receiver of this phone is THAT bad and my house is THAT good at blocking GPS signal.

What a weird conondrum.

I mean, crap, even google maps doesn't know where i am. Is this because i refused google's location services?

Last edited:

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
You need to reflash everything with Odin *mod and start again. Sorry I cant help you as I needed it myself when I did the same with camera as I was debloating, and Im not sure how to do it.

I am, however, sure this is what you need to do. It is more than a factory reset.

Nov 25, 2021

Dont worry dude, i already did a factory reset. My problem persists with the factory reset is the current topic of trouble to me.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
FACTORY RESET WILL NOT FIX. REFLASHING ROM WILL NOT FIX.

I screwed my Camera up the same way, with just removing apks. You need to reflash the slots in odin and run multi-disabler and all that again.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
idk why did I need odin when my camera stopped from doing the same thing? I flashed a new rom and went through initial setup, also did a factory reset, it still didnt work! Its a guess obviously since its not the exact same problem, but id say something similar is happening to your gps hardware.

Nov 25, 2021
idk why did I need odin when my camera stopped from doing the same thing? I flashed a new rom and went through initial setup, also did a factory reset, it still didnt work! Its a guess obviously since its not the exact same problem, but id say something similar is happening to your gps hardware.
Well, my issue so far seems to be quite similar to this one:

flash713

May 7, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
If I were you (op) I would reflash stock, copy everything to PC (all apps/apks) and slowly remove a few at a time and test gps as I go along. I know that would take some time but eventually you would find which ones have to do with gps. You could also make a list of all the names of the apks and throw them in your "search" on a browser and see what all you can find out about them that way..

The most detailed explanation I have ever seen of descriptions of apps is definitely xXx No Limit magisk rom for OnePlus 6,7,8 devices. The dev has a user configuration file where you choose whether you want to keep, delete, replace each apk in the entire device and he has an explanation for every single app that tells what it's used for and if it's safe to delete or not. I would search all I could, and maybe do the copy/delete apk first and see what all you can find then maybe shoot No Limit rom dev a msg asking him. IDK him personally except from here using his rom when I had a OnePlus 6t but I bet he would respond. Most people will help you out "if" they can see whoever is asking for the help has already done some work in to whatever it is themselves.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I were you (op) I would reflash stock, copy everything to PC (all apps/apks) and slowly remove a few at a time and test gps as I go along. I know that would take some time but eventually you would find which ones have to do with gps. You could also make a list of all the names of the apks and throw them in your "search" on a browser and see what all you can find out about them that way..

The most detailed explanation I have ever seen of descriptions of apps is definitely xXx No Limit magisk rom for OnePlus 6,7,8 devices. The dev has a user configuration file where you choose whether you want to keep, delete, replace each apk in the entire device and he has an explanation for every single app that tells what it's used for and if it's safe to delete or not. I would search all I could, and maybe do the copy/delete apk first and see what all you can find then maybe shoot No Limit rom dev a msg asking him. IDK him personally except from here using his rom when I had a OnePlus 6t but I bet he would respond. Most people will help you out "if" they can see whoever is asking for the help has already done some work in to whatever it is themselves.
    Thanks a lot for the help flash, but i think i got it. i enabled google location services and it worked, i disabled it and it works perfectly in the open but in my apartment it wont, so i guess its just natural interference.