[GPU_DRIVERS]Update 8 June 2013 "Sony Official" adreno GPU driver for ICS

Search This thread

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
Sorry , for the noob question , but what is the adventages of gpu drivers except for gaming ?
I mean is there an impact to scrolling , lagging e.t.c ?

mlesic

Apr 28, 2011
3D is better. 2D also. But cpu is 200-250 points worse! Why?
Before was over 700 and now under 500..?

Opera mini and tapatalk scroling is better. Everything feels smother!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370796032685.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370796032685.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

mlesic

Apr 28, 2011
Tried few times. But cpu is low. It is not important.. In quickpic photos and video loads fast. Instantly. Photo open fast. Video with mx player also fast..before there was load time 1-3 sec. Now instant, or max 1 sec.

Cpu is not that important i think. It is rearly pushed to the limits.. 3D is important for everyday usage. For now looks better. UI is smoother, load times shorter.

Also. Most of my apps are on system. 44mb free on system and 260mb free on data partition, user.
Cleared cashe and dalvik.

Later, after 2-3 restarts i get better cpu:
ra2a4u7u.jpg

Last edited:

mlesic

Apr 28, 2011
Yes. I have locked bootloader. Stock 4.0.4 v.587. Just root. Cpu point drop was big, 200-250..so thats why was strange to me..

Maybe needs to settle down. Benchmark is not important as long it works and feels great! ;)

marc3l0

Feb 2, 2013
Lages - SC
Man, thanks for this drivers, works great!!!
Scrolling is much more smooth (when scroll a long list), the gaming is smooth as ever on a ICS rom, I'm playing Dead Trigger and Shadowgun Deadzone on Tegra quality. Album app load photos instantly like mlesic bro said. My Live Walkman is much better now :D

arcatarc

Man, thanks for this drivers, works great!!!
Scrolling is much more smooth (when scroll a long list), the gaming is smooth as ever on a ICS rom, I'm playing Dead Trigger and Shadowgun Deadzone on Tegra quality. Album app load photos instantly like mlesic bro said. My Live Walkman is much better now :D

I'm glad to hear that ;)

Inviato da me!

Apr 3, 2013
Hey arcatarc, Thanks for this man! my xperia ray with ultimate HD now performs much much smoother on the user interface.. and gaming... real racing 3 :))) thanks thanks thanksssssss

Reactions: DiamondBond

FEXTEZI

Jul 10, 2012
After flashing Xs drives(latest) my phone goes for 5% more faster. When opening phonebook, walkman,walkman galery, scrolling.
But CPU was 892 and after flashing its 656 now! Using CTC 2.8 1.4mhz!
THX good Job !
ANTUTU second test is CPU now 911 but was 656! STOCK ROM was 892 SO WE CAN SEE LITTLE PROGRESS !
THX again...............

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
After flashing Xs drives(latest) my phone goes for 5% more faster. When opening phonebook, walkman,walkman galery, scrolling.
But CPU was 892 and after flashing its 656 now! Using CTC 2.8 1.4mhz!
THX good Job !
ANTUTU second test is CPU now 911 but was 656! STOCK ROM was 892 SO WE CAN SEE LITTLE PROGRESS !
THX again...............

That's common with antutu and some other benchmarks.

The best way to test, is to enable airplane mode (let it settle for 2 minutes) and run the benchmark for 5 times.
And keep the ones that are the highest (because these show the biggest mark you can get, without any background app interfering.)

Another way is to renice antutu to -20. Normally renice -20 `pidof com.antutu.ABenchMark` in terminal (you need to type su 1st) after opening antutu will do it.
Also when testing adreno libs, the fastest way, is to bench only 2d/3d performance.

mman1982

May 29, 2010
question

Hi!

Thanks!!! :):) I have lt18i(Xperia Arc S) with uHD 3.02. Which file must i flash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Better scrolling,better redrawing,fast picture opening,better gaming experience.......

Update 8 June 2013:

Xperia Sx version added(extracted from latest Xperia Sx ICS firmware)(Latest)

Hi all,i've noticed there are many versions around of this driver,but all are "patchworks" of various devices and S.O.,so i decided to use the latest libs from the new Xperia Sx(who have the adreno gpu too),that's why i call this"Official" ;)i've added also some firmware files from Huawey U8800 related to hd recording-playback,maybe they can help for better videorecording.
    Feel free to test and report feedback.
    Test&comparisons are wellcome..

Tnx,ARCATARC

NOTE: V5&V6 are from XperiaS(they are older versions but you can try them too and compare)

If you like my works an offer is greatly appreciated not only by me (51% will be donate to UNICEF):
    EVERY DAY CHILDREN DIE NEEDLESSY!!!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Q94WGHC4F2DH2
    8 June 2013 updated (Xperia Sx GPU Driver added)

8 June 2013 updated (Xperia Sx GPU Driver added)
    I actually did a test using stock, jb v3, tipo and s adreno drivers, results below is the average score of 3 runs using antutu custom 2D and 3D test only.
    Stock: 1,618.3
    JB V3: 1,685
    XTipo: 1,634.7
    XS: 1,674.3

NenaMark
    Stock: 43.3
    JB V3: 48
    XTipo: 44.6
    XS: 46.6

Well maybe the results depends on how you tweaked your phone.. but im currently using the S ones only because its "official".

Sent from my SK17i using xda app
    I compared with Antutu.

[Driver GPU Libs] New JB Adreno Driver For ICS "Increase Performance" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1894454

is better than

[MOD] New adreno libraries 04.01.01.00.036 V3 (FOR DEVICES WITH ADRENO 2XX GPU ICS) http://xdaforums.com/show...ght=jelly+bean

1st is about 3365 , 2nd is 3225.
    New version added: V3XperiaS_AdrenoDriver.zip!:good: