• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Grand Theft Auto III HiRes patch GN V0.2

Search This thread

Crios

Mar 9, 2005
I uploaded a new gta3.set with best improvement.

V 0.2
- Breaks and Debris
- Accelerate/brake and steer at the same time (tks mixedlemon)

V 0.1
- Car lights, Lamps and Flashing Lights
- Detailed Shadows, Traffic Lights, Blood
- Hi Resolution

just download attached zip file (gta3HiResV02.zip), and copy extracted file (gta3.set) to: /sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3
- backup existing one

Basically it is .set file specific for Galaxy Nexus

Attachments

• gta3HiResV02.zip
    701 bytes · Views: 5,944
Last edited:

mixedlemon

Jun 27, 2009
Thanks man, not only does this look better but on my Nexus it also fixed the touchscreen issue of not being able to accelerate/brake and steer at the same time.

Reactions: darrendm

TBolt4Now

May 12, 2011
Do you think it's possible to get a fix so that we can jump out of moving cars? There's a bug that doesn't allow you to get out of a car until it has come to a complete stop? How else are we supposed to ghost ride cars into crowds of people lol?

TBolt4Now

May 12, 2011
Sorry guys, but it's been awhile since I played these games on my PS2. I guess I got mixed up. I think the ability to jump out of moving vehicles happened in GTA4?

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
How are you guys getting this game to show in market? It won't show if I search manually in market and if search in browser it just shows as incompatible.

I'm happy to buy legit way just can't, any help please?

To be clear im not asking for warez just want a way to buy off market in legit fashion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Any reason why my language is not English. Added the file and all the text is non English. Maybe Italian.

Edit- found where to change language. Doh.

mixedlemon

Jun 27, 2009
How are you guys getting this game to show in market? It won't show if I search manually in market and if search in browser it just shows as incompatible.

To be clear im not asking for warez just want a way to buy off market in legit fashion

I'm starting to think that it may have only been the international versions that had compatibility restrictions, even when it wasn't playable on the Nexus and specifically stated "Coming soon for the Galaxy Nexus" I was always able to find it in my market and buy it from my CDMA Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.

This is just my best guess based on not reading anything, so if anyone else knows more about the subject please correct me.

Have you tried using Market Enabler?
Back during the $0.10 sales I had to edit the build.prop files on my HTC Rezound to make it think it was a Nexus S in order to buy the Gameloft games. Perhaps you'd be able to change it to identify your device as a Rezound or some other phone on the supported devices list?

br125

Jan 25, 2009
I'm not seeing a gta.set file... should I just place this one in there? or am I missing somethin?

edit: Nevermind, there was no .set file in there to backup, but dropping this in there actually made a huuuuge difference. Thanks alot.

Last edited:

TrinityJayOne

Dec 22, 2011

I had this problem too at first. There's a number of different versions out, being in Australia I'm pretty sure we would've had a censored version. Try going to https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Rockstar+Games,+Inc. and see what shows up. I used to be able to see 3 different versions but only one was installable, though they must have updated it recently because now the other versions are hidden from me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uploaded a new gta3.set with best improvement.

V 0.2
    - Breaks and Debris
    - Accelerate/brake and steer at the same time (tks mixedlemon)

V 0.1
    - Car lights, Lamps and Flashing Lights
    - Detailed Shadows, Traffic Lights, Blood
    - Hi Resolution

just download attached zip file (gta3HiResV02.zip), and copy extracted file (gta3.set) to: /sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3
    - backup existing one

Basically it is .set file specific for Galaxy Nexus
    Where is it? as I currently have no in game sound and would like some :0

/sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3/

audio folder should be in there, sometimes the app doesnt unzip files into their proper folders.
    Thanks man, not only does this look better but on my Nexus it also fixed the touchscreen issue of not being able to accelerate/brake and steer at the same time.
    Do you think it's possible to get a fix so that we can jump out of moving cars? There's a bug that doesn't allow you to get out of a car until it has come to a complete stop? How else are we supposed to ghost ride cars into crowds of people lol?

from what I remember gta3 never had the ability to do this
    from what I remember gta3 never had the ability to do this

That's right. Impossible to add.