GrapheneOS on Pixel 2 (XL)?

Search This thread

layalala

Jun 18, 2019
Hey there!

I suppose it's a rather crazy question, but is there any possibility to get (rather updated) GrapheneOS for Pixel 2 or 2 XL?

Best regards
layla

h4m74ro

Aug 26, 2009
ドイツ
Thanks for the suggestions, will try one of those out :)

ProtonAOSP seems to be not supported anymore. CalyxOS it is.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL

CalyxOS is great - and still being updated by them. But it might not be for long, so keep the download (image file) on your computer in case you need to reinstall it in the future. Once it's gone, its gone. Calyx runs great. Keep your Bootloader unlocked (if you can) - it has saved me a few times.

Reactions: h4m74ro

h4m74ro

Aug 26, 2009
ドイツ
I have not installed a custom rom in years. CalyxOS has many additions to vanilla, which I usually don't prefer.

Can you recommend to install LineageOS? Pixel 2 is also still supported by them.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I have not installed a custom rom in years. CalyxOS has many additions to vanilla, which I usually don't prefer.

Can you recommend to install LineageOS? Pixel 2 is also still supported by them.
what do you mean has many additions to vanilla? Its the most secure Android Fork (other than GrapheneOS). Why would you use LineageOS when you can use CalyxOS? I don't recommend using anything other than Calyx or Graphene. If you want to try Lineage, go for it. just keep your bootloader unlocked at all times so you can always fix your device if something goes wrong (even on Stock I leave it unlocked).

Anyway, CalyxOS works great with MicroG - and you can even turn it off if you want. and during setup you can uncheck everything so it literally installs 5 apps (messages, calendar and calculator). not sure what you mean by additions to vanilla, if you are talking about MicroG, you can disable it at boot.

h4m74ro

Aug 26, 2009
ドイツ
I meant TOR, Signal, Aurora etc. But if it has a setup, where i can uncheck that, then it's great. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use ProtonAOSP or CalyxOS. GrapheneOS doesn't provide links for the Pixel 2 anymore. If you can get ProtonAOSP installed, that's your best bet (or CalyxOS)

CalyxOS is great - and still being updated by them. But it might not be for long, so keep the download (image file) on your computer in case you need to reinstall it in the future. Once it's gone, its gone. Calyx runs great. Keep your Bootloader unlocked (if you can) - it has saved me a few times.