Question Great battery life!!

Search This thread

PettyAf

Dec 23, 2021
do yall have mobile data always active on or off? i just turned off developer mode completely because my battery on LTE drain 5% per hour while on wifi its 1% drain per hour. tryna see if default settings can help.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
do yall have mobile data always active on or off? i just turned off developer mode completely because my battery on LTE drain 5% per hour while on wifi its 1% drain per hour. tryna see if default settings can help.
Mine is whatever the default was. I factory reset my 6 pro 2 days ago. Last time I tried that option off I was having issues with mms/sms.

The first day after a factory reset(December update) battery seemed good but now it seems to drain quicker, especially idle and on wifi.

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I hit 100% at half 8 last night and I haven't needed to charge my phone untill now, battery optimization are working wonders, hope they can keep it like this throughout the up dates and not ruin it.
Screenshot_20211223-200104.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could be right, but besides that I'm not sure what could be causing my battery life issue. Even got a new sim card to test out to see if it makes a difference.
    Absolutely not saying some people aren't having issues for some reason, just that chasing after reducing that figure is not the answer. And it can be high or low and the battery life be exactly the same.

You need to find what is draining the battery without paying attention to the mobile standby figure, it looks like a red herring as to the cause.
    Battery seems to be getting much much better as I'm using the phone, phone was on 100% at half 6 this morning and now it's 8 at night with 37% that's with mobile data on all day no WiFi until I took the screenshot I had it turned on
    Screenshot_20211212-202106.png
    Screenshot_20211212-202529.png
    That's awesome! Do you have 5G enabled or is it available in your area?
    5g drains my battery quicker. hence why I disabled it.
    Sadly Samsung offers more in terms of customization than Google does. I found Samsung to be decent when I first used their S9, I believe it was. I wouldn't mind trying their next phone if Google can't get their priorities right lol. Then again, I think Samsung locks the bootloader or is harder to root in general, I could be wrong though.
    I know with the nexus 6 and 6p I would root and run custom Roms and I had some friends that developed kernels so I would use those. But since Google came out with the Pixel lines, I didn't need to do that anymore.

I've had the first one plus phone and sent it back when it first came out because it had yellow tint on the screen. Haven't tried them again.

My friend has a note 20 ultra that he has had for a year and he was impressed with my Pixel 6 Pro despite me telling him battery is not as good. He says after 1 year his phone lags a little and has weird UI hiccups and smoothness issues that he didn't experience when he used to have a Pixel.

My brother also had Pixels but this year went to an Iphone 13 Pro max. He loves it and tells me he only charges it every other day. I have too many Google products and I can never get used to iOS despite my girlfriend and my whole family are on it. Its just too plain for me even though it works wonderfully.