Great NEWS! New Method Install GMS Mate 30 Pro

Search This thread

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have found a way to install GMS on Mate 30 Pro, (P40 PRO, P40 LITE, MATE XS).

I have written a full tutorial and have recorded a video with all the steps.

Basically, we restore a backup with LZPlay and icebox app. Freeze Google services framework via ADB with Icebox. And authenticate with an old Google account manager.

Please use the guide on this link and let me know if there are any troubles for you (It´s in Portugueses , please use Google translate) . I have tested it more than 10 times in several models to assure everything is OK.

I am available to answer any questions you may have. Here´s a video:

https://youtu.be/7sokNkSI8lA

If you want

Reactions: Ogy77

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey Guys,

Basically, we restore a backup with LZPlay and icebox app. Freeze Google services framework via ADB with Icebox. And authenticate with an old Google account manager.

Please use the guide on this link and let me know if there are any troubles for you (It´s in Portugueses , please use Google translate) . I have tested it more than 10 times in several models to assure everything is OK.

If you want
Muito obrigado.

I just ordered the device i'll test tour method as well as other.
Do you manage to avoid errors and have Google pay working or device is still detected as unlicensed after applying your tutorial?

wetfloor77

Jun 13, 2007
One question, if you unlock the google Framework freeze, and then turn on the Play Store and disable all notifications like Gmail, Youtube, Fb and Others, you will no longer be able to receive notifications from these apps. Isn't it better to leave in the freeze Framework and use an alternative store like APKPure or Aurora Store?

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
hi there

using island and icebox isnt a new method it was created via phiphan1 - nhoccon a few weeks back in this thread https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235

we have an easier method that phiphan1 - nhoccon has also created on this page of the thread https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235/page13

the fix is above in the following thread all credit goes to phiphan1 - nhoccon ...... if you have any questions on this method please ask them in philphan1 thread in the above links , thanks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyline_r

YonnyMestampo

Apr 8, 2019
Can anyone confirm Netflix works?
It works on the P40 Pro.
Lastest update for Netflix app works on P40 Pro. Don't need to use an older version. But so far I haven't heard from Mate 30 Pro users.

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
Can anyone confirm Netflix works?
It works on the P40 Pro.
Lastest update for Netflix app works on P40 Pro. Don't need to use an older version. But so far I haven't heard from Mate 30 Pro users.

even in the latest fix here ... netflix isnt working https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235/page13

i just save a web shortcut and use it from there , problem solved , there is also amazon video , kodi and many other streaming apks online ;)

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
hi there

using island and icebox isnt a new method it was created via phiphan1 - nhoccon a few weeks back in this thread https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235

we have an easier method that phiphan1 - nhoccon has also created on this page of the thread https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235/page13

the fix is above in the following thread all credit goes to phiphan1 - nhoccon ...... if you have any questions on this method please ask them in philphan1 thread in the above links , thanks ;)

Im not using Island or ChatPartner. So its no the same. I dont need no credit. I just want to help other solve the problem I Had.

Reactions: Einwod

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
One question, if you unlock the google Framework freeze, and then turn on the Play Store and disable all notifications like Gmail, Youtube, Fb and Others, you will no longer be able to receive notifications from these apps. Isn't it better to leave in the freeze Framework and use an alternative store like APKPure or Aurora Store?

You are correct. No notifications from these apps. If you don unfreeze framework apps wont run. So, better to dont have notifications than no apps.

This is only a problem for GMAIL, but you can install another email Client. Anyway it´is what it is right now.

Reactions: wetfloor77

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Muito obrigado.

I just ordered the device i'll test tour method as well as other.
Do you manage to avoid errors and have Google pay working or device is still detected as unlicensed after applying your tutorial?

I have no errors, but I dont have notifications for these apps. I dont use Google Pay it does not work in my country.

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
Im not using Island or ChatPartner. So its no the same. I dont need no credit. I just want to help other solve the problem I Had.

they are just tweaks of the same method that was originated by phiphan1 in the other thread , for example they stopped using chat apk because chat apk stopped working , they didnt use island because they just use a different app store or hide notifications not fix them etc etc , every one of them fixes comes with its own little problems and the most stable fix that is available is the new one from phiphan1 who has been working on this non stop with other users

the only reason the other videos and method exsist is because phiphan1 work , i am not knocking you for sharing , you are not to know if you havent been following for the last few weeks , however i am trying to help other users who read this realise that they should bhe in the other thread because its got the latest fix and the person who kind of made all this possible is the original poster in that thread and we are lucky to have him working on this kind of stuff

he has tested all the other methods and is trying to perfect it the best he can , this is the best method at the moment with the least problems https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235/page13

Last edited:

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
they are just tweaks of the same method that was originated by phiphan1 in the other thread , for example they stopped using chat apk because chat apk stopped working , they didnt use island because they just use a different app store or hide notifications not fix them etc etc , every one of them fixes comes with its own little problems and the most stable fix that is available is the new one from phiphan1 who has been working on this non stop with other users

the only reason the other videos and method exsist is because phiphan1 work , i am not knocking you for sharing , you are not to know if you havent been following for the last few weeks , however i am trying to help other users who read this realise that they should bhe in the other thread because its got the latest fix and the person who kind of made all this possible is the original poster in that thread and we are lucky to have him working on this kind of stuff

he has tested all the other methods and is trying to perfect it the best he can , this is the best method at the moment with the least problems https://xdaforums.com/mate-30-pro/how-to/fix-error-protection-google-mate30pro-t4066235/page13

I will follow the thread you pointed. But for now I am not interested in using Island ou alternative stores. So the method I posted is working for me (even though I have no notifications from Google apps).

Thanks for your insight

Reactions: buxz777

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
I will follow the thread you pointed. But for now I am not interested in using Island ou alternative stores. So the method I posted is working for me (even though I have no notifications from Google apps).

Thanks for your insight

in the video you/they disable notifications , this isnt a fix , it will work for a while , it could stop etc with play warning and you are just hiding the notifications which means they are still pinging in the background which affects battery etc

honestly .... the op of the other thread has been through all this for the last 3 weeks .... the latest fix with the 2 new apk files added is the best fix at the moment .... he is so far ahead of the game he is already working on the next one ;)

xchatter

Hey Guys,

https://youtu.be/7sokNkSI8lA

If you want

I think you should list some credits to the user/users who came up with this concept. I understand you have a bit of a different way, but the concept is the same and some users were very active and hard working to get these things done. They deserve credit.

P.S.
Thanks for sharing! :)

killerkamatis

Dec 16, 2010
Im still on HMS and have no intention of sideloading GMS until now... my problem is that I'm not getting any Push notifications from viber, telegram, and microsoft teams. Will this fix the issue/s?

Top Liked Posts