Great phone

Search This thread

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
Can we see some screen shots of your battery stats and settings on how u got that

Sure. I'm using cm12 & elementalx 0.21 kernel. Encrypted. Underclocked to 2gHz.

I use greenify to hibernate apps & I have most of my google apps installed to the data partition so they can be greenified.

I've streamed about 3hrs of play music today.

Usually I have location turned off until I need it. Today I had it on for a couple hours, hence the higher than usual google app & play services overhead.

Screen brightness I set manually through the full range during the day according to how well I can see the screen at the time. I use the cm status bar slider & have the normal one in quick toggles disabled.
I have ambient display & adaptive brightness both turned off.

I use light flow for notification led.

2.5 hrs on screen after 13hrs off charge. Still at 60%. Well on track for 5.5 hrs I would think. Probably more, because by the time I get home it is darker & I will have my screen brightness lower.

Attachments

• 1422003910410.jpg
    1422003910410.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 1422003924914.jpg
    1422003924914.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:

mrgoodpaul

Jan 11, 2013
Nashville, TN
The only time I experience lag is with battery saver mode (obviously) and sometimes when I plug the phone in when the battery is at around 20% or less. The phone is extremely fast for me, and I love it so far. I normally get at least 3 hours of screen time, and it can last me 2 full days. One time I turned battery saver on when I had about 70% battery, and it lasted 5 hours of screen time. That was with me using GPS and data like crazy to get around New York (visited my bro in NY). I've compared the screen and speakers to a friends M8 and he likes my screen more. My speakers go louder but his are a bit clearer. The camera is amazing, especially with HDR!

The reason you experience lag is because battery saver mode turns off the animations completely. So no visual assistance to make the loading time seem less existent. Battery save mode is still fast. I like it because it actually works compared to touch wiz

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Free mobile app

mrturcot

Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver
Awesome phone, so happy with it and its no new! Its bound to get even BETTER!!!

Running Validus with Sensei Kernel i had 21 hrs on with 4hrs screen on time playing SIMCITY and Ingress (GPS Augmented reality game) both HUGE battery drainers, I don't need my power bank anymore!!

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
If u streamed 3hrs of google play music, shudnt it be in the battery stats as the most hogger? Seems like u just running the screen with chrome on. Cuz I can't seem to get my batt like this with anything I do with this phone

I play my music through Bluetooth to my truck stereo. For some reason, if I initiate the streaming from the stereo end using a2dp, and not by opening play music on the phone, the battery usage shows up as play services not play music. If I actually open the play music app, I get battery usage from both play services & play music.

And since my screen is off through this whole process, I would expect the drain to be fairly minimal.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
When you say you don't know what lag people are talking about go to the thread on the front page about performance issues download 1 of the many games that were mentioned and see what lag people are talking about

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
When you say you don't know what lag people are talking about go to the thread on the front page about performance issues download 1 of the many games that were mentioned and see what lag people are talking about

You will find that this has nothing to do with the phone. It may be related to 5.0 on this device, but its not the device itself. Should definitely be fixable with software updates, both to the os, & to the apps that lag. They will have to update their apps as more devices come available with this hardware.

Ulver

Jan 4, 2011
This is a great phone, now I'm torn with this or my Z3. I have 14 days to return my N6 to Google or keep the N6, and sell the Z3. Ahhh, I hate choices!

Sent from my Nexus 6

Radixtrator

Jan 30, 2013
This is a great phone, now I'm torn with this or my Z3. I have 14 days to return my N6 to Google or keep the N6, and sell the Z3. Ahhh, I hate choices!

Sent from my Nexus 6

If you don't really really really need the better water resistance and expendable storage, I say keep the Nexus 6. The camera is great, battery life is great, its speakers blow the z3 speakers out of the water and the screen is so gorgeous. Of course its up to you, but I can only recommend the Nexus 6.

Ulver

Jan 4, 2011
If you don't really really really need the better water resistance and expendable storage, I say keep the Nexus 6. The camera is great, battery life is great, its speakers blow the z3 speakers out of the water and the screen is so gorgeous. Of course its up to you, but I can only recommend the Nexus 6.
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I'm thinking too. I don't really really need the waterproofing and extra storage. It's just nice knowing it's there. But I'm falling in love with this screen size and I feel like a bad ass with the Nexus 6 [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I'm thinking too. I don't really really need the waterproofing and extra storage. It's just nice knowing it's there. But I'm falling in love with this screen size and I feel like a bad ass with the Nexus 6 [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6

BTW, I like you little MiUi guy avatar!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Radixtrator

Jan 30, 2013

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yeah that's the best thing:) its like being in an exclusive club with the N6

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Oklahoma City
Love this phone. I only have three complaints.

1) The size. I used to text and drive because I could do it without even looking at my phone. There's just no one handed operation of this device. Even with the shrunken SwiftKey keyboard.

2) When on a smooth, flat surface trying to text, it spins.

3) No SD card.

I purchased off eBay, and forgot to check the storage, and forgot that Nexus devices don't have SD card slots. So I accidentally bought the 32 GB one and now I'm doing space management with music/videos/pictures/apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the battery life is awesome on this phone. Currently at 75% after 12 hrs off charge & 1.5 hrs on screen. Usually, by the time I put it back on charge at 11pm, I'm at about 25% & 5.5-6hrs on screen. Can't complain about that.

You will find that this has nothing to do with the phone. It may be related to 5.0 on this device, but its not the device itself. Should definitely be fixable with software updates, both to the os, & to the apps that lag. They will have to update their apps as more devices come available with this hardware.
    Awesome phone, so happy with it and its no new! Its bound to get even BETTER!!!

Running Validus with Sensei Kernel i had 21 hrs on with 4hrs screen on time playing SIMCITY and Ingress (GPS Augmented reality game) both HUGE battery drainers, I don't need my power bank anymore!!
    So I just picked up a Nexus 6 and so far I am loving it.. But what bothers me is looking at all the negative stuff people are saying about it. Battery life, size, stuttering/ lag and so on. As of this message I have 2:10 screen on time with 56% battery left since I took it off the charger around 3 this morning..Clean ROM and Faux kernel is my setup. Coming from an M8 this is acceptable.. Front speakers are loud and clear.. Lag?? What lag.. In my eyes this phone is damn near perfect.. Does anybody feel the same way?
    I am with you. I am happy with size, performance, and battery. Awesome phone, in my opinion. Not sure how it could be better.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone