Greatest idea ever!

Search This thread

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Reports are Lumia 900 will only be $100 with AT&T!

Thats aggressive, and impressive. Release date March 18. No $100 phone can beat that, regardless of what OS.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: anseio

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham

Thats aggressive, and impressive. Release date March 18. No $100 phone can beat that, regardless of what OS.

Just checked out att's listing, the iphone4 is listed for $99, and 3gs for 99cents , that's stiff competition... m$ could subsidize the wp7 heavily to say around $19 , then you're talking... we'll see

the92playboy

Jan 15, 2008
Just checked out att's listing, the iphone4 is listed for $99, and 3gs for 99cents , that's stiff competition... m$ could subsidize the wp7 heavily to say around $19 , then you're talking... we'll see

The iphone 4 will be nearly 2 years old when the 900 launches at AT&T. I think the 900's price of $99 on contract is extremely competitive and a great strategy. I can't see how it would make any sense to subsidize it down to $19, especially when 2012 should have a lot of lower end WP7.5 phones coming in to fill that space.

efjay

Nov 18, 2004
It will have LTE which is now the big selling point for US carriers. Definitely will be the lowest priced but highest profile LTE device they have launched.

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
The iphone 4 will be nearly 2 years old when the 900 launches at AT&T. I think the 900's price of $99 on contract is extremely competitive and a great strategy. I can't see how it would make any sense to subsidize it down to $19, especially when 2012 should have a lot of lower end WP7.5 phones coming in to fill that space.

I figured if $99 was competitive, $19 would qualify as "no brainer". The age of the iphone 3gs/4/whatever doesn't seem to be an issue with sales, ever. Wp needs an edge, every edge.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
$100 for LTE, and 4.3" that's a deal.

I mean until the iphone 6 is released and the iphone 4 will be offered for free.

This may be a great strategy if the other OEMs jump on board. If not I see Nokia being the only Windows Phone OEM.

nicksti

Sep 7, 2009
$100 for LTE, and 4.3" that's a deal.

I mean until the iphone 6 is released and the iphone 4 will be offered for free.

This may be a great strategy if the other OEMs jump on board. If not I see Nokia being the only Windows Phone OEM.

I like this vetvito! And to think I thought you never said anything positive about WP7. I humbly apologize and ask for your forgiveness :D

It is a great idea. Something inside me is angry though that some companies have healthy margins (Apple) while others have to pull stunts to get sales (all non-iOS tablets, Lumia 900).

Oh well. But good way to get your foot in the door Nokia.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
^ the phones will still be paid for, either by AT&T or a crazy contract. Nokia is probably breaking even.

Don't know, but this should have been Microsoft's plan from the beginning. They can afford it.

......btw, I've been saying the same thing since day one. I want whats best for us users and not to be screwed over.

Last edited:

aliciameyer

Jan 12, 2009
The war has begun. In marketing point of view, this would be a disaster for the companies. Good for consumers but bad for their competitors and themselves. Once this is started, the market would be a chaos soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone