• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Green pixel on screen.

Search This thread

spikeyl

Jan 14, 2009
Just spotted a green pixel on my main fold3 screen. Currently running Dead Pixels Test and Fix, hoping this will sort it but no luck so far. Anyone else has issues? First time Ive ever had this on a phone, and Ive been using smarphones since the original XDA. Screen hasn't been damaged, pixel got stuck when using it - noticed switching between aps.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sounds like a blown driver... display failure.
The drivers are integrated into display matrix, tens of thousands of them. Still sound like a good idea to fold that?

arnodude53

Nov 12, 2010
Usual manafacturer policy (for monitors atleast) is that 1-3 dead or stuck pixels is considered within production error margin. I don't know what Samsung's policy for this is on their phones, but if it really bothers you you could try applying the device for RMA either way. Atleast that's what i would do.

Reactions: spikeyl

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Usual manafacturer policy (for monitors atleast) is that 1-3 dead or stuck pixels is considered within production error margin. I don't know what Samsung's policy for this is on their phones, but if it really bothers you you could try applying the device for RMA either way. Atleast that's what i would do.

A monitor is a different animal and a lot more real estate. This is a premium device with a premium price tag!
Even at close to 2 years old my 10+ has zero dead, stuck or degraded pixels as it should.

If within the return period, do so...

arnodude53

Nov 12, 2010
A monitor is a different animal and a lot more real estate. This is a premium device with a premium price tag!
Even at close to 2 years old my 10+ has zero dead, stuck or degraded pixels as it should.

If within the return period, do so...
I agree.

If you'd ask me I'd say that any dead/stuck pixel(s) are unacceptable if it they appear within the products warranty period. No matter if it's a TV, laptop, phone or any other product. Not only can they ruin the viewing experience depending on the location and "vividness" of the stuck/dead pixel(s), but they also make your device suddenly a lot less worth if you were to sell it second-hand, no matter how new it is. All while the user has 0 fault in this.

I often wonder about the legality of such manafacturer policies, and if they would actually hold up if someone or a group of people were to escalate such matter to court.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I agree.

If you'd ask me I'd say that any dead/stuck pixel(s) are unacceptable if it they appear within the products warranty period. No matter if it's a TV, laptop, phone or any other product. Not only can they ruin the viewing experience depending on the location and "vividness" of the stuck/dead pixel(s), but they also make your device suddenly a lot less worth if you were to sell it second-hand, no matter how new it is. All while the user has 0 fault in this.

I often wonder about the legality of such manafacturer policies, and if they would actually hold up if someone or a group of people were to escalate such matter to court.
Worse, green is the most visible color spectrum to the human eye. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

No doubt one of the reasons for the high cost of this phone are the cost of the rejected displays during the manufacturing process.
There's no way to repair them so they are scraped. These aren't a high volume product and the development costs are enormous.
What is Samsung thinking?

Samsung been far more profitable by sticking with using those funds to develope the Note series further instead. It have yielded far more bang for the buck for Samsung.
Silly SK gambling... it's a cultural thing and Samsung tradition. This time the snake eyes are glowing, perfect.
Rather than go with a sure thing, Samsung bet long again with predictable results. What's the definition of insanity Sammy?

spikeyl

Jan 14, 2009
Worse, green is the most visible color spectrum to the human eye. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

No doubt one of the reasons for the high cost of this phone are the cost of the rejected displays during the manufacturing process.
There's no way to repair them so they are scraped. These aren't a high volume product and the development costs are enormous.

Samsung been far more profitable by sticking with using those funds to develope the Note series further instead. It have yielded far more bang for the buck for Samsung.
Silly SK gambling... it's a cultural thing and Samsung tradition. This time the snake eyes are glowing, perfect.
Rather than go with a sure thing, Samsung bet long again with predictable results. What's the definition of insanity Sammy?
Yes that's right - its small but very bright so obvious. Still there so on phone to O2 to get a replacement

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes that's right - its small but very bright so obvious. Still there so on phone to O2 to get a replacement