Green Tint Screen: Are you affected?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

icbless

Dec 3, 2010
i have this problem recently, unfortunately i didnt take a photo of it.
Even at max brightness i still see the green tint across my screen (vertical) and a black round patch near the finger print sensor.

I have email samsung about this and they ask me to do a soft reset (power key + down button)
currently the issue has...been solved? i guess.
I dont see any more of the green tint after soft reset. Is this software or hardware related???

Hihi just a quick update on this.
I do not have green tint issue after soft reset, but i still do see the "marking/scar" or some abnormalities with the screen (especially the finger print sensor area)

i'm planning to get my phone send in for repair soon. sucks to have all these problem!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 380

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Hihi just a quick update on this.
I do not have green tint issue after soft reset, but i still do see the "marking/scar" or some abnormalities with the screen (especially the finger print sensor area)

i'm planning to get my phone send in for repair soon. sucks to have all these problem!

I just included mine. It seems I'm not the only one. I am getting mine repaired tomorrow. I'll be without a phone for a day. Samsung definitely messed up these screens. I am still not a fan of the yellowish greenish overtone this display has overall. My S10 plus was better. Should have kept it. I would still be rocking my note 9 if it had an ultra wide camera. I didn't like that the buttons were shifted to the left on the note 10 plus, but that to me is a better trade-off than the screen issues of the note 20 ultra. I've never had to replace a screen before in life! Ever! In life itself lol! ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-162014_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-162014_Chrome.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 269

Limeybastard

I just included mine. It seems I'm not the only one. I am getting mine repaired tomorrow. I'll be without a phone for a day. Samsung definitely messed up these screens. I am still not a fan of the yellowish greenish overtone this display has overall. My S10 plus was better. Should have kept it. I would still be rocking my note 9 if it had an ultra wide camera. I didn't like that the buttons were shifted to the left on the note 10 plus, but that to me is a better trade-off than the screen issues of the note 20 ultra. I've never had to replace a screen before in life! Ever! In life itself lol! ?

Good luck. Itll come back after being ripped apart with the same issue again. If not now later.

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Good luck. Itll come back after being ripped apart with the same issue again. If not now later.

The image I posted was not a good example. Should have used another camera to take it. But I did get the screen replaced yesterday. It's actually waay better than the original, but now the camera app is crashing, so now I am concerned a whole new bag of worms just opened up. I have to go back and have them reflash the operating system or figure out if something went wrong with replacing the screen. It sucks, because this screen is so vibrant and don't have the issues of the previous one.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The image I posted was not a good example. Should have used another camera to take it. But I did get the screen replaced yesterday. It's actually waay better than the original, but now the camera app is crashing, so now I am concerned a whole new bag of worms just opened up. I have to go back and have them reflash the operating system or figure out if something went wrong with replacing the screen. It sucks, because this screen is so vibrant and don't have the issues of the previous one.

Try clearing the system cache on the boot menu.
Try clearing cam data. Take the cam apk to the factory load version if not already on it.
That doesn't get it try a hard reboot (simulate pulling battery).
May be hardware if that fails; send it back with wuv.

Last edited:

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Try clearing the system cache on the boot menu.
Try clearing cam data. Take the cam apk to the factory load version if not already on it.
That doesn't get it try a hard reboot (simulate pulling battery).
May be hardware if that fails; send it back with wuv.

I ended up taking it back to the place. They reflashed the OS and it fixed it. Think there was a corruption the first time. Thanks for your suggestion though. The replacement screen is so much better than the original though. Wish my original screen looked like this.

drrkgupta

Apr 29, 2008
Gujarat
Hey,
This yellow green issue forced me to sell off my Note 9 and buy Note 20 Ultra. Till now not having issues with the tint.

On Note 9, I was able to skip the issue by tapping on the screen to bring up the AOD screen (Did not work with laways on Settings) then after that when I unlocked the phone all was fine. But if I unlocked the phone without this then got a horrible yellow green tint with lines sometimes.
Even the Start up Samsung logo screen was affected by it.

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3

My panel looks EXACTLY the same as yours. My S21 Ultra comes tomorrow and I'm trading my N20U in. This is the first time I've ever had the green tint issue on any device. The first pic is the Note 20 Ultra green tint, the second pic is the Note next to the S21 Ultra with a gray background.

Attachments

• IMG_20210131_184720.jpg
    IMG_20210131_184720.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20210205_011033.jpg
    IMG_20210205_011033.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:

teddy anzar

Feb 5, 2021
so im having another problem with my display, that is bad discoloration but when i reset my devices, it become normal again. anyone else ever experience this discoloration? its like to bright and it affect everything from camera , gallery video etc

Attachments

• note 20 ultra color.jpeg
    note 20 ultra color.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 73

Mrplennium2

Feb 18, 2021
You jinxed me! Few months later, the anomaly is slowly returning. It's not as bad as before, but you can see it on dark, blank pages. It's extremely faint this time. I don't understand what this is. Does every unit have this? What would it take to get them to give me another device?

Mrplennium2

Feb 18, 2021
My panel looks EXACTLY the same as yours. My S21 Ultra comes tomorrow and I'm trading my N20U in. This is the first time I've ever had the green tint issue on any device. The first pic is the Note 20 Ultra green tint, the second pic is the Note next to the S21 Ultra with a gray background.
I am seriously thinking of switching to the S21 Ultra as well since that is the only phone I can upgrade to. Samsung won't allow me to trade for anything else. How has it been with that phone? Do you see this issue with the S21 at all? How do both phones compare? It's losing the SD card and not having a place for the S-pen, but I don't know if this screen will continue to get worse. Hows the white balance on the phone? I love the Note 20 Ultra, but this problem is frustrating.

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am seriously thinking of switching to the S21 Ultra as well since that is the only phone I can upgrade to. Samsung won't allow me to trade for anything else. How has it been with that phone? Do you see this issue with the S21 at all? How do both phones compare? It's losing the SD card and not having a place for the S-pen, but I don't know if this screen will continue to get worse. Hows the white balance on the phone? I love the Note 20 Ultra, but this problem is frustrating.

I don't have the green tint issue at all on my S21 Ultra. The white balance on mine is normal, it's similar to the Note. I don't have the red tint that I heard some people had. Maybe it's just about winning the screen lottery as they say. I'm pretty sure the green tint and blotches got worse on my N20U over time as I didn't really notice it until about two months of ownership. I ended up getting the 16gb/512gb model so not having the MicroSD slot doesn't matter to me. I rarely used the S-Pen on the Note but having support on the S21U is a plus for those who do. Battery life is better on the S21U as well. The Zoom and Macro cameras are awesome and actually fully usable this time around

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3

You also posted a screenshot which won't show anything. You need to take a pic of the screen with another device and upload that.

Mrplennium2

Feb 18, 2021
I don't have the green tint issue at all on my S21 Ultra. The white balance on mine is normal, it's similar to the Note. I don't have the red tint that I heard some people had. Maybe it's just about winning the screen lottery as they say. I'm pretty sure the green tint and blotches got worse on my N20U over time as I didn't really notice it until about two months of ownership. I ended up getting the 16gb/512gb model so not having the MicroSD slot doesn't matter to me. I rarely used the S-Pen on the Note but having support on the S21U is a plus for those who do. Battery life is better on the S21U as well. The Zoom and Macro cameras are awesome and actually fully usable this time around
That sounds encouraging for the s21 ultra. Been watching a ton of reviews trying to make up my mind. I do love the note series, but this time around the S series is really similar. I don't use the s pen a lot either. I mostly use it for the Bluetooth capabilities when taking pics. I prefer the note's squared off shape a bit more, but not enough for me to rule out the s21. You are correct, the anomaly took some time to develop, so I would be curious if the same starts to happen on the s21 units. It's still too early to tell.

Mrplennium2

Feb 18, 2021
You also posted a screenshot which won't show anything. You need to take a pic of the screen with another device and upload that.
I realized that after. Is it continues to get worse, I'll post a better pic this time around. So far, it's extremely faint. When I say extreme, I have to draw an image for others to see. In fact, most times I don't even see it. I'll definitely continue to monitor it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently there are reports that the green-tint issue is manifested on the Snapdragon version as well as the Tab S7 and S7+.
    Reported here:
    Reddit
    SamMobile

Are you affected?