Grouping call history WM5 and WM6.

Search This thread

jsenthil12345

Apr 14, 2008
Hi All,
I am using a HTC Wizard running WM5.0, I also have HTC Hermes running WM 6.0. I would like to know if there is a way to ask the call history to permanently group the calls based on the caller.

For instance lest assume that I called Joe 10 times and he called 10 times, the call history would show 20 entries, one for each call. Instead, I would like to group all the calls from Joe into one entry, which should show the phone number and the time of the last call. Once you open this item, then it should show all the calls ever made and received by Joe and their times numbers etc.
WM6.0 has the ability to show all the calls made by Joe once you open the the item Joe from within the call history. But still, it would not group all Joe's calls into one entry in the call history itself which is what I want to see.

So, is there a way to do this? Or is there a software which can do this?

Yes, I know about menu->Filter->By caller. But this one is temporary and you have to pick the name from the list. Which is not what I am looking for.

I am NOT sure about what the dialers do. Can they help me accomplish this? Perhaps the diamond dialer?

Thank you for your comments in advance.