GS7 Edge getting extremely hot and battery draining very fast. Please Help!

Search This thread

HOrobOD

Nov 3, 2013
So this morning when I woke up, my phone was extremely warm to the touch and things seemed a little laggy, so I shut the phone down let it cool to room temp and booted it back up a little later. From 100% charge, my phone dropped to 93% in less than 15 min with my phone sleeping. The phone got very warm without any usage at all. I placed my phone into ultra power saving mode, which let the phone cool down and stop draining. After about an hour on back normal mode, I'm already down to 37% and it has only been off the charger for 5.75 hours total.

Check out the usage in my attached jpg image.

What is going on? I'm really worried because at this drainage rate and temperature, I hope it's not doing damage to the battery or internal components.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160929-160547.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-160547.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 181

Grimcreaper

Jul 24, 2011
My phone was running great even after the security update that i got on the 27th.

The problem showed up earlier today when the phone updated an Oculus/Gear VR thing, i didnt get a chance to see which one though.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
My phone was running great even after the security update that i got on the 27th.

The problem showed up earlier today when the phone updated an Oculus/Gear VR thing, i didnt get a chance to see which one though.
Pretty much the same thing that happened with mine, I figured it was either the update or the oculus update but I'm leaning more towards the firmware update. I usually get around 7hrs of sot and today just under 2hrs of sot!

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I'm not rooted. .I have tried to disable two packages. Carrier IQ and com.qualcomm
What disable app are you using?

dinglayne

Oct 29, 2010
Columbus, OH
Pretty much the same thing that happened with mine, I figured it was either the update or the oculus update but I'm leaning more towards the firmware update. I usually get around 7hrs of sot and today just under 2hrs of sot!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

What disable app are you using?
EZ Disabler (Samsung) $1.49 in the app store. There's a thread on here with instructions.

Reactions: msd24200

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone