• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question GSAM Battery Monitor - How to find wakelocks? What is preventing me from deep sleep?

Search This thread

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
these include stats overnight. I think when I´m at work or keep the phone in my pocket constantly, it won´t enter deep doze much if at all either. (of course as usual depending on usage, if it´s on my desk for 3 hours without being touched it will enter deep doze at one point I guess, but I´m no expert on that)
can u post a pic of your app usage in gsam?

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
these include stats overnight. I think when I´m at work or keep the phone in my pocket constantly, it won´t enter deep doze much if at all either. (of course as usual depending on usage, if it´s on my desk for 3 hours without being touched it will enter deep doze at one point I guess, but I´m no expert on that)
And du you habe Gsam completely excluded from Android Battery Management?

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
can u post a pic of your app usage in gsam?
Sure.
Screenshot_20211207-131338.png

And du you habe Gsam completely excluded from Android Battery Management?
No I just granted root rights for gsam.
But since I don't like to use it, I plan to uninstall it sooner rather than later, but to get an idea about the phone without constantly relying on taking bugreports and using battery historian, I kept it installed as BBS isn't working properly.

Utini

Dec 25, 2010
www.whymacsucks.com
www.whymacsucks.com
Sure. View attachment 5476793

But since I don't like to use it, I plan to uninstall it sooner rather than later, but to get an idea about the phone without constantly relying on taking bugreports and using battery historian, I kept it installed as BBS isn't working properly.

Btw you can get BBS to work except for kernel wakelocks. It is just an adb command you need to apply.

Reactions: Freak07

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had the same problem. Really can't say what fixed it. But it worked after flashing kirisakura kernel.
It wasn't the reboot (because I rebooted before already).

Maybe it was re-flashing vendor/dtbo/rooted boot image?
So you had no deep doze according to gsam and now u have?
Sure. View attachment 5476793

Weird. GSam is top of the list for me.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Btw you can get BBS to work except for kernel wakelocks. It is just an adb command you need to apply.
yeah I read about that, but I know by now that my phone runs fine :) thanks for the hint though, I really appreciate it. Sometimes it just eases monitoring during development, that´s why I used to use it. I´ll probably wait until it´s updated properly for a12 and then I can revisit.
Weird. GSam is top of the list for me.
that´s why I don´t like using "monitors".

I had the same problem. Really can't say what fixed it. But it worked after flashing kirisakura kernel.
It wasn't the reboot (because I rebooted before already).

Maybe it was re-flashing vendor/dtbo/rooted boot image?
it was something else. nothing of this has anything to do with how doze works.

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
yeah I read about that, but I know by now that my phone runs fine :) thanks for the hint though, I really appreciate it. Sometimes it just eases monitoring during development, that´s why I used to use it. I´ll probably wait until it´s updated properly for a12 and then I can revisit.

that´s why I don´t like using "monitors".

it was something else. nothing of this has anything to do with how doze works.
what's your standby drain?

what strange is, that accubattery show some deep sleep. but i guess thats the light doze in gsam then.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
what's your standby drain?

what strange is, that accubattery show some deep sleep. but i guess thats the light doze in gsam then.
I lose 2-3% over 7-8 hours per night. wifi enabled and connected, mobile network enabled and connected (to 4g where my phone is during the night), bluetooth enabled, but not connected to anything during the night.
2 google accounts syncing, location etc everything enabled and no apps to change doze, deep sleep or hibernating apps in any way.

one more reason to not use those monitors :D they all might show something different :) depending how something is "calculated".

nguyenson91hp

Apr 14, 2011
Hai Phong
Hi there, I have had the very same issue. It just cannot go into deep sleep. I have 2 sims as well, 1 physical, one esim. I have also tried Servicely, Naptime, etc. and installed Kirisakura kernel.
what worked for me is erase your esim. reboot. then reinstall esim, then reboot.

vlubosh

Sep 8, 2007
Bratislava
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi there, I have had the very same issue. It just cannot go into deep sleep. I have 2 sims as well, 1 physical, one esim. I have also tried Servicely, Naptime, etc. and installed Kirisakura kernel.
what worked for me is erase your esim. reboot. then reinstall esim, then reboot.
same for me, Esim broke Deepsleep. But for me was only fix to factory reset and use just plastic sim, for now i have single SIM P6PRO....

Reactions: nguyenson91hp

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I lose 2-3% over 7-8 hours per night. wifi enabled and connected, mobile network enabled and connected (to 4g where my phone is during the night), bluetooth enabled, but not connected to anything during the night.
2 google accounts syncing, location etc everything enabled and no apps to change doze, deep sleep or hibernating apps in any way.

one more reason to not use those monitors :D they all might show something different :) depending how something is "calculated".
I wouldnt install those monitoring apps if i would have your overnight drain ;) sadly I have like 10 percent drain over the same time (7-8 hours) and same environmental settings.

do u have apps like whatsapp, telegram and instagram, too?

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
I wouldnt install those monitoring apps if i would have your overnight drain ;) sadly I have like 10 percent drain over the same time (7-8 hours) and same environmental settings.

do u have apps like whatsapp, telegram and instagram, too?
Try battery historian. It gets a while to get familiar with it, but it might help understand what's happening during the night for you. It also records network (wifi,mobile and bt connection pretty detailed).
Just do a bit of googling around. :)

Of those three only telegram. But slack, zulip and google chat.

Edit: @xflowy telegram, not Instagram 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: xflowy

Utini

Dec 25, 2010
www.whymacsucks.com
www.whymacsucks.com
So I did some reboots today...without changing anything on my setup I can suddenly not get into deep sleep anymore.

2h screen off (awake)
0 deep sleep

What the hell is this :S

Edit: BBS says partial wakelock with 1h 45min from "Proxy Controller". Why and how? :(
No idea if this is related but I also can't set any Private DNS anymore. Says it can't connect.

Last edited:

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Top Liked Posts