[GSI][10] LineageOS 17.x GSI (all archs)

Should I build *vS variants (with PHH-SU)?

• Build *vS (SU), replacing *vN (no SU)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build *vS alongside *vN

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Keep things as is

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
It could be a matter of system partition size. Older models have this problem sometimes, even with newer custom ROM (not only with gsi). Try to ask in J5 thread if there's a tool to extend system partition.
Thank you for the suggestion, but this time I think it's best I follow AndY Yan and go to test phhusson's last AOSP.
Kind regards

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
Which build of mine did you download? PHH named his build clearer than mine actually...
lineage-18.1-20210212-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img. In Phh Github AOSP page I only saw those system-roar files, and thought that that one was the more likely right... BTW, your LOS works well, with the said minor problems, while Phh file is on infinite reboot, for sure it's my fault, I downloaded the wrong item, but cannot figure which is the right one.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
lineage-18.1-20210212-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img. In Phh Github AOSP page I only saw those system-roar files, and thought that that one was the more likely right...
Sounds like the correct one, now that's a more baffling situation than your original bug... v300.m is available, mind trying that?

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
Sounds like the correct one, now that's a more baffling situation than your original bug... v300.m is available, mind trying that?
Can you please address me to it? In PHH page I'm seeing AOSP 11.0 v300.I (release 84) is defined as the latest.
Edit: Never mind: found! I didn't see it before because it's a pre-release.
Now I go and try.
Edit: I have tried it, same result. It's a weird thing.
To be safe, I installed it as follows:
Factory reset
Format Data
wiping Dalvik, System, Data, Cache
Reboot to recovery
flash Exynos7870_RevertVendor_2.0.zip
Reboot to recovery
flash Exynos7870_CreateVendor_2.0.zip
Reboot to recovery
flash Exynos7870_ProjectSpagetX.zip
Reboot to recovery
install system-roar-arm64-aonly-vanilla.img
That's my usual procedure when performing a clean install.
And I stress that all usual ROMs behaved as expected.
Any hint?
Ah, I'm on TWRP 3.3.0-0

Last edited:

JuanTamqd21

Jun 30, 2020
Hey uhm, I used to use the december build and the aod and/or ambient display works perfect. But when I used the Jan build, aod and ambient seems broken. I try to open the screen using power button but its only black screen(mind that I can input my pattern, which also vibrates because it is wrong. Is there a fix for this? I don't want to reboot everytime it happens.

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
There's another bug I've found: on TWRP 3.3.3-0, I tried a 12 partitions backup to external SD (128 GB) that, to be exchanged with other units has been formatted in NTFS. When, after backing up, I returned to LOS 18.1, the system claimed my external SD wasn't usable neither for internal nor for exchange use, asking for permission to format it, that I denied. rebooted to TWRP , ext SD was correctly visible. I then made various attempts to let it come back also in LOS, wiping and re-formatting the main partitions, until wiping it all and reinstalling system from scratch. Nope, same LOS behaviour until I erased the backup. A subsequent LOS reinstallation correctly saw the SD again. I presently didn't other experiments, suspecting that someone could warn me about my TWRP version were outdated, and addressing the correct replacement.
I shall also add that, attempting a restore just after backup crashed after the system image restore, throwing off the recovery to infinite reboot.
Kind regards

Last edited: