• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GSI][10] LineageOS 17.x GSI (all archs)

Should I build *vS variants (with PHH-SU)?

• Build *vS (SU), replacing *vN (no SU)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build *vS alongside *vN

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Keep things as is

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Priska37

Mar 18, 2019
Hi,
I have installed this GSI on my meizu 16 xs and got some problem!
The front camera dont work, I see only the back camera(main)
How I can get help to try to solve this?
Thank you

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Hello @AndyYan !
Is there going to be updates for A10 linageos 17 in the future? As my phone is not yet compatible with A11 I m wondering if you keep updating on A10
I'm already offering "extended support" by building it alongside 18. Quoted from earlier:
I'll just build on until Android S arrives, by which time I'll have to clean 17.1 off my drive.
The end is gonna be next month or the one after. Doesn't stop people from spinning their own builds.

snoopy29

May 21, 2021
I haven't looked into it, but it didn't rename it this time round.

BTW, auto brightness doesn't work on a King Kong Mini 2, any suggestions on where to start for looking into it? I've no idea.

Last edited:

karim.a

Nov 4, 2011
good greeting

I found a thread written by (RubenGreg) about Writing overlay cubot x19 Thank you for the ideas... Happy to tell you.. I wrote overlay by copying existing oneplus overlay. Works great.

I would be grateful if I could have framework-res.apk which you modified

Did your edit for overlay Solve the problem of the fingerprint. And the problem of voice control during the call

The program you use for decompile and recompile framework-res.apk ( I find a problem in recompile framework-res.apk .اI used several programs such as BatchApkTool- APK Editor Studio - APK Easy Tool)

Examples of some modifications

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
<array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues" />
<array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues" />
<array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues" />
<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels">
<item>-25</item>
<item>70</item>
<item>-25</item>
<item>65</item>
<item>-25</item>
<item>60</item>
<item>-25</item>
<item>65</item>
</integer-array>
<string-array name="config_gpsParameters">
<item>SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com</item>
<item>NTP_SERVER=ma.pool.ntp.org</item>
<item>SUPL_PORT=7275</item>
<item>SUPL_VER=0x20000</item>
<item>SUPL_MODE=1</item>
<item>SUPL_ES=1</item>
<item>LPP_PROFILE=0</item>
<item>USE_EMERGENCY_PDN_FOR_EMERGENCY_SUPL=1</item>
<item>A_GLONASS_POS_PROTOCOL_SELECT=0</item>
<item>GPS_LOCK=0</item>
</string-array>
<string-array name="config_telephonyHardware">
<item>0,modem,0,0,0,1,1,1</item>
<item>1,sim,0,modem</item>
</string-array>
<array name="config_tether_dhcp_range" />
<integer-array name="config_tether_upstream_types">
<item>1</item>
<item>7</item>
<item>0</item>
</integer-array>
<array name="config_tether_usb_regexs">
<integer-array name="config_tether_wifi_regexs">
<item>0</item>
<item>10</item>
<item>20</item>
<item>30</item>
</string-array>
<string-array name="radioAttributes">
<item>1,1</item>
<item>0,1</item>
</string-array>
</resources>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:compileSdkVersion="29" android:compileSdkVersionCodename="10" package="me.phh.treble.overlay.CUBOT.X19" platformBuildVersionCode="29" platformBuildVersionName="10">
<overlay android:isStatic="true" android:priority="7526" android:requiredSystemPropertyName="ro.vendor.build.fingerprint" android:requiredSystemPropertyValue="CUBOT/X19_EEA/X19:9/PPR1.180610.011/20190723:user/release-keys" android:targetPackage="android"/>
</manifest>

The result, with your help, to modify a file framework-res.apk for CUBOT/X19 to work well on android 11 (LineageOS) And upload it
to.phhusson/vendor_hardware_overlay on GitHub.

CUBOT/X19 framework-res.apk

RubenGreg

Oct 16, 2019
unfortunately I sold the device :-(

> framework-res.apk

I just installed the LOS from andy's builds

Also downloaded the https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations

Ran and built my custom los (just for fun)

cd vendor/hardware_overlay

create one for cubot X19. Please use parameters like in the old post.

put the file config.xml Cubot/X19/AndroidManifest.xml

IIRC one needs to use an unique name treble-overlay-cubot-x19 to avoid clashes with previous devices in the file

see: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay?

(I did not do anything with framework-res)

Then just do a build for the entire ROM. It does build it but then I took the treble-overlay-cubot-x19.apk that is dumped to $OUT/something here/system/product/overlay
Sorry I do not have the build folder or device. Hope this is helpful.

karim.a

Nov 4, 2011
thanks for replying

Can you help me by opening a new project on github .Because it is not a Linux machine to execute commands.I can provide the modified files for CUBOT/X19

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Reactions: karim.a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
    This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 16.0 GSIs I've been making since March 2019.
    If you clicked in here, I bet you know what LineageOS is already, but just to fill the blank:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Disclaimer:
    This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.
    Vanilla except for these changes:
    • Modifications needed to make it build/boot/feature-complete, see below
    • Revived navbar layout tuning via sysui_nav_bar tunable
    • Disabled "vendor mismatch" warning on boot
    • Signature spoofing support from MicroG (preliminary patch for Android 10)
    • Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in 18:9)

Extra tip:
    If you have a relatively low-end device and experience UI stutters, try this simple build.prop trick (technically a debug property, so use at your own risk). Thanks @SnapTheRipper for bringing it up!

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out the scripts/patches, where most things should be self-explanatory: treble_build_los, treble_patches (PHH's treble_patches adjusted for LOS). Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.

Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Reserved

Couple of things to note:
    • Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it's still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot on Android 10 ones. You are strongly advised to try PHH's AOSP first and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it's specific to this GSI.
    • LineageOS 17.x has lost some features in the process of transitioning to Android 10, e.g. Privacy Guard and built-in SU.
    • If using Magisk on an A-only device, a modified Magisk is required.
    • exfat SD cards still don't seem to work. Any help related to this would be appreciated.
    • The feature "Re-enabled lockscreen shortcuts by default" has been dropped - not that it can't be done, but Google again made ugly changes to the lockscreen, and with the shortcuts turned on it looks asymmetric and adds to the ugliness. Lockscreen shortcuts themselves might still come back with a future upstream update, just like how it did in 16.0.
    • In the 16.0 GSIs I've included changes that allow for automatic front camera actions for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, but these have to be reworked for Android 10, and I'm not interested in doing so (in fact I prefer manual controls). Consider these changes abandoned for now.
    Updated all variants with July security patches and in sync with PHH v221. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

It's been a quiet month on both AOSP and PHH fronts...
    Updated all variants with February security patches and in sync with PHH v212. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

All good and healthy here despite the coronavirus situation (naturally, I just stay indoors all day). Thanks for your concerns :)
    Updated all variants in sync with PHH v208. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]
    Skipped r18 (December patch) for aforementioned instability.
    No more updates for the rest of 2019! (lol)

BTW, here's a tip straight from PHH's TG channel, for those who are having trouble with GAPPS setup wizard:
    In ADB:
    adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
    adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1
    This should skip the wizard entirely while also setting the proper flags.