[GSI][10] LineageOS 17.x GSI (all archs)

Should I build *vS variants (with PHH-SU)?

• Build *vS (SU), replacing *vN (no SU)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build *vS alongside *vN

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Keep things as is

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

RubenGreg

Oct 16, 2019
thanks for replying

Can you help me by opening a new project on github .Because it is not a Linux machine to execute commands.I can provide the modified files for CUBOT/X19
I am surprised that you say fingerprint and voice control does not work. Are you sure you are flashing proper stock ROM to start with? I used this https://www.cubot.net/Support/id/19/cid/15.html
CUOBT_X19_9021C_1_V12_20191219.zip

Edit: Now flash LineageOS 17.x GSI. Everything worked perfectly fine for me. I had to use the overlay because I wanted minimum brightness to 1

From my limited experience CUBOT/X19 framework-res.apk had weird unknown values. I did not use this apk at all.
For your other question: I did not try LOS18 as I do not have the device. Sorry.

Last edited:

karim.a

Nov 4, 2011
I am surprised that you say fingerprint and voice control does not work. Are you sure you are flashing proper stock ROM to start with? I used this https://www.cubot.net/Support/id/19/cid/15.html
CUOBT_X19_9021C_1_V12_20191219.zip
everything worked perfectly fine for me. I had to use the overlay because I wanted minimum brightness to 1
Greetings

Thank you for your response to the topic
The official versions have no problem
I do not use stock ROM . I use ROM phh's GSIs .
*ROM GSI Android 10 There is no problem with brightness. And the problem of the fingerprint I found a solution [GUIDE] CUBOT X19 . Only the problem of adjusting the volume during the call remained.
*ROM GSI Android 11 I found bugs on auto brightness, battery usage fingerprint .
I am trying to edit vendor_hardware_overlay To bypass these problems.
So ask for help in editing CUBOT/X19 framework-res.apk and make an overlay files for CUBOT X19 on GitHub.

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
My Device: SM-A750GN ~ Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)

Treble Info app says I need to install a A/B ROM even though the Magisk says "No" in the A/B section:

Your device needs an image file named system-arm64-ab-vndklite.img.xz.

Your device supports the modern version of Project Treble, using VNDK Lite Version 29.

Your device supports System-as-Root. Use an A/B operation system.

You device is ARM64.

Seamless upgrades are not supported.

Your device does not use Dynamic Partitions.

I just installed Lineage OS 18 (VNDKLITE) and it booted fine. But lock screen (only "none" option works; other options give bootloop), fingerprint and camera are not working.

I mean the official update only goes as far as Android 10. So I guess it's a vendor problem.

Now what version of Lineage OS 17 should I install? A or AB? (Some say the in the phone forums that samsung switched from A to A/B). Is there a VNDKLITE version of Lineage OS 17?

I don't care if it's Lineage OS 17 or 18. Just need a working ROM (at least camera if not lockscreen).
Please save me from Samsung Stock ROM.

Thank you.

Last edited:

ROO3VER

Feb 12, 2015
Antwerp
My Device: SM-A750GN ~ Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)

Treble Info app says I need to install a A/B ROM even though the Magisk says "No" in the A/B section:

Now what version of Lineage OS 17 should I install? A or AB? (Some say the in the phone forums that samsung switched from A to A/B). Is there a VNDKLITE version of Lineage OS 17?
I guess you're on an ARM 64 A-only device but started from a stock rom android 9 or higher witch requires A/B instead of A-only.

snoopy29

May 21, 2021
I'm continuing to build variant a64_bvS without SU but I'm no expert in the Android space so if major issues come up as dependencies change I may become blocked at some point. I'm also not intending to build other variants.

I would switch to 18.x but many features have been removed like disabling screen wake-up, sound on plug and others which make it annoying for use on dynamo hub powered bicycles. Hence I haven't switched over.

snoopy29

May 21, 2021
I'm only testing the 17.1 bvS builds I'm creating on a King Kong Mini 2. I'd hope they'd work on others but I'm not an android developer so couldn't give any advice other than to ensure cachings and existing user apps aren't the cause (if you have access to wipe them).

I'll aim to get another build done this week as it's been a few months.

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
I'm only testing the 17.1 bvS builds I'm creating on a King Kong Mini 2. I'd hope they'd work on others but I'm not an android developer so couldn't give any advice other than to ensure cachings and existing user apps aren't the cause (if you have access to wipe them).

I'll aim to get another build done this week as it's been a few months.
Im a fan of LOS 17.1 is thats great and all. I tried doing a system reset before and after each flash but no other GSI booted not even RR remix or Pixel Experiance Q. the only GSI that booted fully was this one GSI from this link here.

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/treble_arm64_bvN/

honestly i dont know makes this rom so different from the rest. maybe you can take a look under the hood and see whats up??

snoopy29

May 21, 2021
I can't because I don't know what's going on under the hood. The original author of these is Andy Yan. Being GSI they should all work on any phone compatible with GSI. The only difference I do is remove the built in SU as it can't be hidden from banking apps.

Let me compile a new release at the weekend.

I take it you know the difference between av, bv etc.

Incomtus

Apr 30, 2016
soundcloud.com
Hello,
I reached to install that ROM correctly on a samsung j7 2016, with lock fix and vendor patches. It works very fine. I could even get magisk working
Thank you a lot.
I have also a question not very accurate with this forum but, I try, I tried that ROM without gapps and with gapps.! However I never arrived to make GPS location working without gapps on Samsung j7 2016.. it works with a Huawei nova 3 with no problem but on Samsung j7 2016 I can't make GPS location without gapps.. is there a forum where I can find help about that

XATYAL

Apr 25, 2019
Iran
you need save vndk libs suitable for your vendor version

8.0 - 26 vndk
8.1 - 27
etc.
Hello
My device Nova 2 Plus is VNDK 26, I installed a few android 10/11 + los 17 GSIs and all of them got stuck on boot animation then the phone rebooted after 5-6 minutes, Is there anything I have to do with VNDK?
If yes, Can you tell me what to do or give me some resources? It will be great, Thanks.

TMHAKIM

Hello
My device Nova 2 Plus is VNDK 26, I installed a few android 10/11 + los 17 GSIs and all of them got stuck on boot animation then the phone rebooted after 5-6 minutes, Is there anything I have to do with VNDK?
If yes, Can you tell me what to do or give me some resources? It will be great, Thanks.
Have you factory reset your phone before booting into the gsi? because after you flash the gsi you have to factory reset your device though eRecovery

EDIT -well i have the same issue like yours it would boot but then get stuck on the boot animation for 5 -6 minutes and reboots

Last edited:

matsetech

Apr 5, 2012
Hello, would line to request for a zip version of the img. I'm using an old version of twrp. No recovery update available for my fone, Doogee s80.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
    This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 16.0 GSIs I've been making since March 2019.
    If you clicked in here, I bet you know what LineageOS is already, but just to fill the blank:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Disclaimer:
    This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.
    Vanilla except for these changes:
    • Modifications needed to make it build/boot/feature-complete, see below
    • Revived navbar layout tuning via sysui_nav_bar tunable
    • Disabled "vendor mismatch" warning on boot
    • Signature spoofing support from MicroG (preliminary patch for Android 10)
    • Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in 18:9)

Extra tip:
    If you have a relatively low-end device and experience UI stutters, try this simple build.prop trick (technically a debug property, so use at your own risk). Thanks @SnapTheRipper for bringing it up!

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out the scripts/patches, where most things should be self-explanatory: treble_build_los, treble_patches (PHH's treble_patches adjusted for LOS). Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.

Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Reserved

Couple of things to note:
    • Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it's still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot on Android 10 ones. You are strongly advised to try PHH's AOSP first and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it's specific to this GSI.
    • LineageOS 17.x has lost some features in the process of transitioning to Android 10, e.g. Privacy Guard and built-in SU.
    • If using Magisk on an A-only device, a modified Magisk is required.
    • exfat SD cards still don't seem to work. Any help related to this would be appreciated.
    • The feature "Re-enabled lockscreen shortcuts by default" has been dropped - not that it can't be done, but Google again made ugly changes to the lockscreen, and with the shortcuts turned on it looks asymmetric and adds to the ugliness. Lockscreen shortcuts themselves might still come back with a future upstream update, just like how it did in 16.0.
    • In the 16.0 GSIs I've included changes that allow for automatic front camera actions for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, but these have to be reworked for Android 10, and I'm not interested in doing so (in fact I prefer manual controls). Consider these changes abandoned for now.
    Updated all variants with July security patches and in sync with PHH v221. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

It's been a quiet month on both AOSP and PHH fronts...
    Updated all variants with February security patches and in sync with PHH v212. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

All good and healthy here despite the coronavirus situation (naturally, I just stay indoors all day). Thanks for your concerns :)
    Updated all variants in sync with PHH v208. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]
    Skipped r18 (December patch) for aforementioned instability.
    No more updates for the rest of 2019! (lol)

BTW, here's a tip straight from PHH's TG channel, for those who are having trouble with GAPPS setup wizard:
    In ADB:
    adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
    adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1
    This should skip the wizard entirely while also setting the proper flags.