[GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs)

Should I build *B with EXT4 share duplicate blocks?

• Yes - my /system is small, I need every bit of space saving to make it fit

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No - I'm not short on space, and/or I prefer mountable /system

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Loove_Arg

Dec 13, 2021
My House
archive.org
Your phone is compatible with treble thanks to the community :).
You can use vendors we shared in the 7870 telegram device group.
The instruction are very simple : wipe everthing on your internal storage as usual, then flash in the recovery your vendor and the gsi_system.img you want. Use the treble info app in order to know which version you must install. It's arm64 most of the time with CrDroid vendor.
Screenshot_20211222-080008760.jpg

The application gave me this information .. Could you provide me with a link to download "system-arm 64-ab.img.xz" .. Please ..?

Loove_Arg

Dec 13, 2021
My House
archive.org
Thank you very much .. But you don't seem to understand me .. That's why I asked that other user. My question was .. If you could pass me a link .. I appreciate your answer .. But it is of no use to me.

Loove_Arg

Dec 13, 2021
My House
archive.org
Maybe its files are useful to me .. But I need to know which one to use ..

You may not notice it .. Or you may not be interested. Or don't want beginner folks here .. yeah. I am new at this. so far I was able to switch to several different android systems .. But with other installation mechanisms. Odin .. Adb. Twrp .. But always following instructions .. There aren't any instructions here from what I saw.

If you are not willing to write a guide even very basic .. No problem .. Maybe another user with a greater predisposition can do it. I don't judge it

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
But I need to know which one to use... If you are not willing to write a guide even very basic
Files-wise there are at least 2 for different needs (I pointed you to the SF readme for that), and flashing-wise every device is different and may have weird traits I can't foresee.

You can tell I hate being so obvious, but here, I'll help you skip the SF readme and even navigating a level of folder:
treble_arm64_bvS - for non-VNDKLite vendors only, /system is read-only, and
treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite - for Lite and (most) non-Lite vendors, /system is read-write
You have non-Lite, so it comes down to whether you need a read-write /system.

Loove_Arg

Dec 13, 2021
My House
archive.org
Files-wise there are at least 2 for different needs (I pointed you to the SF readme for that), and flashing-wise every device is different and may have weird traits I can't foresee.

You can tell I hate being so obvious, but here, I'll help you skip the SF readme and even navigating a level of folder:
treble_arm64_bvS - for non-VNDKLite vendors only, /system is read-only, and
treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite - for Lite and (most) non-Lite vendors, /system is read-write
You have non-Lite, so it comes down to whether you need a read-write /system.
Thanks a lot. !

Last edited:

charriabo

Sep 16, 2021
Hi AndyYan,

thanks for the great work, much appreciated. I was wondering if you have in hand the patch to activate dynamics root? I will be happy to have that option. I searched around but couldn't find any. I will be happy if you can assist here ;)

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Updated all variants with January security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

3 new patches from @AltairFR for Huawei devices. I trust that these won't affect other devices, but if any does, do let us both know.

Crrrr

I have been using your excellent work for a while now.

That being said, the latest lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img and lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite.img.xz contain a strange bug by which audio on headphones with jack at least on Samsung A20e do not work any longer, but rather it uses the speakers; strangely, pausing/starting the audio with the headphones' button works.

For a while I will be staying on your older 18.1-20211108, hope until the January release this audio bug will be fixed. Cheers!

Unfortunately, this problrem persists with lineage-18.1-20220120-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS, for those who wanted to try this update; for Samsung A20e users I recomend the older older 18.1-20211108.

x53

May 8, 2013
With your lineage-18.1-20220217-treble_a64_bvS I have had bluetooth headset echo problems. Your GSI is running well at my Cubot King Kong Mini 2 (Mediatek Helio A22 MT6761). I solved the echo problem by editing audio_policy_configuration.xml and audio_policy_configuration_bluetooth_legacy_hal.xml in /vendor/etc.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Sorry for the multiple screenshots but on treble check and treble info give slightly different answers i have used gsi ROMs before and for my phone(wileyfox swift 2 plus) the info I have is use arm64 bit A only. but booth apps say a/b has something change or the are no more arm64 bit a only gsi's? the ROMs I used before were bvs I believe (I could be wrong) any info would be appreciated.thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-135037833.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-135037833.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220223-135101516.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-135101516.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20220223-135321467.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-135321467.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20220223-135409367.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-135409367.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Sorry for the multiple screenshots but on treble check and treble info give slightly different answers i have used gsi ROMs before and for my phone(wileyfox swift 2 plus) the info I have is use arm64 bit A only. but booth apps say a/b has something change or the are no more arm64 bit a only gsi's? the ROMs I used before were bvs I believe (I could be wrong) any info would be appreciated.thanks.
trust only Treble Info, because treble check can give wrong info (and gave for many times)

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
After many tries, only arm64 avs.img would boot on my phone (wileyfox swift 2 plus) for what it states on treble info, with the system IMG it recommend, no way that would install on my phone. and I checked with the chart where the gsi's are located, it shows arm64 A only, but the gsi's say avs or bvs etc. (even the gsi's available from the gsi list on GitHub are confusing as they don't say arm64 A or A/B) is there a way to install magisk or even pass safetynet? the ROM is stable, but I can't use a banking app. thanks for the ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated all variants with May security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

EDIT: Some bootloops happened below. Until those are cleared (resolved, or at least figured out why), exercise extra caution.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
    This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 17.x GSIs I've been making since November 2019.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Disclaimer:
    This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.
    Vanilla except for these changes:
    • Modifications needed to make it build/boot/feature-complete
    • Revived navbar layout tuning via sysui_nav_bar tunable
    • Disabled "vendor mismatch" warning on boot
    • Signature spoofing support from MicroG
    • Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in longer than 16:9)

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out the scripts/patches, where most things should be self-explanatory: lineage_build_unified, lineage_patches_unified (where patches_treble_phh contains PHH's treble_patches adjusted for LOS). Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.

Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Reserved

Couple of things to note:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student.
    • As always, you are strongly advised to try PHH's AOSP first and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it's specific to this GSI.
    • Thanks to patches from @eremitein , Magisk compatibility is partially restored. For devices that still don't play well with it (e.g. kernel restrictions implemented by OEM), use PHH-SU instead. Install the app and you'll get root for apps.
    • A-only and VNDKLite targets are now generated from AB images instead of built from source, see sas-creator. Kinda hacky and might be buggy. Move on to an AB device if you can.
    • To mount /system RW on AB devices, refer to this.
    • exfat SD cards still don't seem to work. Any help related to this would be appreciated.
    Initial builds are based on PHH v300.j and December security patches.
    Building-related bits have been published, but only for AB targets - I'm not sure if I want to integrate sas-creator yet.
    March patch is ready, but due to lack of time, I'll have to postpone this month's update for a while. I worked on it yesterday but couldn't figure out a core problem in time.
    Updated all variants with March security patches and in sync with PHH v302. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

Two years of GSIs. Life is trying to rob me of this "hobby" - I'll keep this going as long as I can handle it.