[GSI][12] LineageOS 19.x GSI (A64B/64B)

What's your status on GAPPS and SafetyNet?

• I use GAPPS and passed SafetyNet with Magisk, etc.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I use GAPPS and can't pass SafetyNet - I probably need a VNDKLite or "secure" build

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I use GAPPS as-is and don't care about SafetyNet

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I don't use GAPPS at all

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

J0nDoe297

Oct 5, 2020
Updated all variants with June security patches and in sync with PHH v414. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

Since there was no feedback (positive or negative) on last month's SN changes, I left them untouched.
Hey can you answer this small question?
My device is 32bit-binder64 so if I flash your a64 GSI, will I be able to run 64 bit apps such as Citra etc?

air32

Jul 29, 2014
Wolfsburg
Hey, is it possible to get gapps (e.g. play store) running on a BvS version? Reason is that my device (mediapad m5) has not enough space for the BgS version.

auto_meal

Jun 20, 2018
I'm using an image converted from bvS to bvN with sas-creator on my Xiaomi MIX 3 (Perseus).
There are no critical problems, but there are minor issues.

・VoLTE is available, but cellular is not.
・The camera does not recognize auxiliary lens.
・The screen unlock (including app unlock) is delayed after a certain amount of time, although it does not occur immediately after startup.
・Sound cracks or skips even if sound effects are disabled in the Treble App.

The issue of unlocking in particular frustrates me.
Is there any good solution?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Ha, I happen to own just this model (it's "d1x" btw). Yes it boots, but IIRC only in conjunction with MultiDisabler and no Magisk.
was just passing when I spotted this, there are some versions of magisk that will boot on a GSI with Samsung snap phones (Exynos I think they all boot OK). it might simply be some canary versions but this is the latest version our group found that worked.

EDIT: UPDATE... someone from a group I belong to just tested magisk 25.1 on a GSI to see if it boots and it did. the phone was a snapdragon S20 FE

Attachments

• Magisk-63a89d9f_(24306)SNAP-GSI#2.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Frozen_Duck

May 27, 2013
Vienna
Today I tried to get a ''securized'' of the following image running:

- lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICI AL-a64_bgS-vndklite.img

While the one without the GApps works like a charm after being securised, the one above always ends in a bootloop. Any suggestions what to try?

I would be happy to help but I would need some pointers.

Glauzon67

Jun 20, 2022
Hi,
My phone dosent boot any ext2 system image. For example lineage-19.1 bvs is a ext2 system image and it dont boot... Lineage-18.1 bvs is a android sprase file image and it boot fine. I have tried img2simg to convert the ext2 image to android sparse file but it dont boot.
My phone is a hotwav cyber 7 with magisk and twrp is not available. Do i have any other option to boot lineage 19.1 on my phone? Sorry for my english.

Thanks

VicKrypt

May 29, 2022
640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 18.x GSIs I've been making since 2020.

Disclaimer:
This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Must-read:
You are STRONGLY ADVISED to try PHH's AOSP of equivalent version FIRST and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work, including this one.
If you do find bugs on this GSI and want to report, then you MUST try reproducing on AOSP, and ONLY proceed to report here when it's specific to this GSI. This filters out bugs common to all PHH-based GSIs, which you should let PHH know, not me. I might silently ignore your report if you skip this.

Download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out these repos, where most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
Donate?
https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
Thank you so much for your hardwork. I flashed the LOS 19 bgS (a64) on a Mediatek device and everything is great! I only wish there would be more features added to the default Trebuchet Launcher, especially support for icon packs :)
More grease to your elbow sir!

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
Someone know if is possible to active or install the multitouch gesture for the windows previous and next ( like the ipad or the xioami tab 5 miui )? Thanks

d.ego

Jun 28, 2022
Someone knows why the camera isn't working on lineage 19?
I flashed lineage 18 from a year ago and everything works fine.
When I flash the newest version Lineage 18 or 19 camera's not working and flashlight neither. Flashlight is blurred out and says camera's already in use.
Could it be the new com.android.camera2?
My phone is a blackview bv6300 pro
Logcat report attached

Chickerino

Apr 14, 2021
Any reason the screen recorder isn't working? Trying it on my TB-X606F just gives me a generic "error starting screen recording" with logcat not mentioning anything about it. Any way I can troubleshoot this further on my device? Or is this a ROM related issue?

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Hi Andy and all

Thanks for the hard work. I have bootloader unlocked the vivo x fold and attempted to install lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICI AL-a64_bvS.img. When my device reboots, I experience a bootloop (adb commands work fine). I am a complete n00b to this process and I was wondering if anyone could assist? I would love to have a functional lineageos version working on my vivo x fold.

Here's the logcat created during boot. Can anyone assist with what the issue could be? I recognize the vivo x fold isn't supported but I was curious.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated all variants with July security patches and in sync with PHH v415. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]
    Updated all variants with August security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

PHH is on an unusually long vacation, during which he couldn't merge new changes into his side of sources. I took the liberty to implement some fixes to TrebleApp, namely:
    • Commands that need SU (e.g. Securize, Restart SystemUI) now work more consistently on both PHH-SU and Magisk
    • Automatically restart SystemUI when Force FPS detects a change in resolution, to fix obvious statusbar glitches
    • Fix a long-standing bug that made the app useless after boot on OnePlus devices
    A13 didn't come out this month as predicted... Google, you be you I guess.
    Surprisingly Google launched Android 13 just now, but unsurprisingly they didn't release a GSI along with it (they usually only do so for Betas). Therefore, I'm once again bringing you some day-1 fun. However, unlike last year with S, this time it's just an almost vanilla build, with only the following changes:
    • Built as userdebug (has adb root)
    • Disabled EXT4 shared blocks (/system writeable, for poking around)
    • Multi-user enabled by default
    Get it from SF: TP1A.220624.021.A1-aosp_arm64.img.xz.

Again, this build is merely an appetizer/demo - it's not a PHH-based GSI, doesn't contain the myriad of fixes, and won't get support or updates.
    is it in sync with LineageOS or only security patches?
    In a way, both - LOS upstream has mostly stabilized this long after 19.1's formal release.
    "the updater not liking magisk"
    "Time to get backing up"

Hello!
    I am on S20 FE 4G (Exynos) 19.1 LOS GSI [lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img - hope it is good one for my phone... :] or vndklite better? I do not use gapps at all ] (by AndyYan, thank you for awesome work!) and would like to make update to the latest release.
    Please tell me how-to do this proper way. Which tool you use for backup etc, what steps etc

2nd question
    As I am on LOS GSI 19.1, S20 FE LTE Exynos (with TWRP) - when starting Magisk have this msg:

Abnormal State
    A "su" binary not from Magisk has been
    detected. Please remove any competing
    root solution and/or reinstall Magisk.

What could be the reason and/or how to fix it. :/ Maybe someone can help...
    Or just ignore it?
    Edit: OK, I've read - guess it is known thing - to ignore.
    I use Seedvault backup provided in Lineage itself (you can find it in Settings/System/Backup) to backup system apps, a couple of user apps and settings. Then titanium for the rest of the user apps and apps' data.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
    This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 18.x GSIs I've been making since 2020.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Disclaimer:
    This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Must-read:
    You are STRONGLY ADVISED to try PHH's AOSP of equivalent version FIRST and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work, including this one.
    If you do find bugs on this GSI and want to report, then you MUST try reproducing on AOSP, and ONLY proceed to report here when it's specific to this GSI. This filters out bugs common to all PHH-based GSIs, which you should let PHH know, not me. I might silently ignore your report if you skip this.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out these repos, where most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
    Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Reserved

Notes:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student.
    • Naturally, LOS19 is pretty early at this point, and many features are absent or don't work. Heck, I hacked in Gallery and LiveDisplay before LOS people even attempted, just because they're important to me.
    • GAPPS builds are offered as-is without guarantees. Read #10 for more.
    • /system is RO on regular builds and RW on VNDKLite builds. VNDKLite builds can be used on most non-VNDKLite devices as well.
    • Signature spoofing (MicroG) is supported, but only for priv-apps. This is a security consideration from PHH.
    • Magisk support should be on par with A11 (thanks @eremitein). The "abnormal state / unsupported SU" warning can be ignored. For devices that still don't play well with Magisk (e.g. kernel restrictions implemented by OEM), use PHH-SU instead. Install the app and you'll get root for apps.
    • I've picked a few commits from ProtonAOSP to fix global theming (thanks @kdrag0n), and also moved a few useful patches out from my personal build to public. I'm willing to deviate a bit from vanilla LOS to bring them to everyone. For even more personalized mods, check out this sample personal build side-by-side with the patches repo.
    • exfat SD cards still don't seem to work. Any help related to this would be appreciated.
    Updated all variants with March security patches and in sync with PHH v410. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

Lots to say about this build...
    • Backup: We're entering Android 12L / LineageOS 19.1, and you should be alarmed to any major updates like this. Especially if you're a maniac like me who uses this daily, BACKUP EVERYTHING and BRACE FOR WIPE! Out of the 10 devices I flashed 19.x on, 2 of them was unable to update through a dirty flash, prompting me to wipe data. I was lucky that neither were critical, and my daily driver updated smoothly, but don't test your luck.
    • Change of variant names: see 18.1 post.
    • Broken stuff: 12L broke quite a bunch of my changes, as evident by how much I delayed this build to correct them, but even now there might still be ones lingering. Known is statusbar height might be f'd up for devices that have an overlay (Google inverted the definition, I already informed PHH of it), and SearchLauncher on GAPPS variants might be half-working.
    • OTA: This is also the first release to contain PHH's homemade OTA mechanism, implementation info here. Enter the Updater either from PHH Settings, or from Settings - System. However, some known caveats:
      • SourceForge could be stupidly slow when accessed through the Updater
      • No error detection or A/B fallback in case of failure
      • Magisk will NOT work anymore after you take such an OTA
      • Any data wipe will take you back to when you haven't taken any
    ...thus I strongly recommend you stick to the current flow and have a PC by you for updates.​
    Initial builds are based on PHH v400.c and November security patches.
    Sigh, I don't really want to make a thread this early...

BTW, 32-bit and A-only users, you should really move on.
    Updated all variants with December security patches and in sync with PHH v400.d. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

This can be called the "I take back my words" release:
    - LOS merged r18 much quicker than I expected, invalidating the post above.
    - After too many queries regarding GAPPS through various channels, I've given up resisting and will build some. However, as already stated in #10, these are offered entirely at your request, as-is, without guarantees, and you'll have to help each other out on GAPPS-related/-induced issues.

One more thing - PHH introduced yet another variant called "secure", which is the same as clicking "Securize" after booting, however it's effective on first boot and therefore avoids certain data breakage. This variant is generated with sas-creator, and as long as you have a Linux PC, it's trivial work (doesn't require building environment), so for the few that might need it, do it yourself.

OP has been updated with some of the above info as necessary; SF has also been updated with a readme that better explains the naming rules of variants.