Development [GSI][12] Unofficial LineageOS 19 SM-X200

Search This thread

WackyHacky1

Sep 13, 2022
Instructions:
Flash LineageOS for tab a8 sm-x200
  • Format data from TWRP.
  • And wipe all partitions, then just reboot into fastboot and flash your system image
  • fastboot flash system system.img
    (system being lineage or google gsi or whatever)
  • then once i have created the folder select the .xz or .gz or .img
  • also a fastboot -w after flashing for additional wiping wouldn't hurt

make sure you have a unlocked bootloader and have twrp installed.

Download links:

Credits to:

Vinpinto

WackyHacky1

Sep 13, 2022
Working so far with no issues!

Attachments

• 20220921_192743.jpg
    20220921_192743.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 2,949
  • 20220921_192717.jpg
    20220921_192717.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 2,919
  • 20220921_192753.jpg
    20220921_192753.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2,582
  • 20220921_192713.jpg
    20220921_192713.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 2,959
Reactions: hiimimtayaz

keksas3

Feb 14, 2022
how do i enter fastboot ? if i chose option to boot into fastboot through twrp fastboot does not work...

dibinho8

Sep 27, 2022
HI,

I've entered fastboot mode with twrp and then did a fastboot flash system system.img,

After flash i can't boot on android, it bootloops,

Someone have an idea ?

thanks in advance

Reactions: dlghdud

thicc_pp

Jan 26, 2022
Is video still broken?
That (and anxiety about bricking it) are the only thing (s) holding me back from trying all of this.
Thanks
According to @Vinpinto this only affects android 13 ROMs and lineage 19 is on 12, so should be no issues. I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

Thanks @WackyHacky1 and @Vinpinto for sharing!!

Edit:
Can anyone who's had a successful flash comment on any performance improvements? I want to update assuming that changing apps, navigating ui etc. will become more responsive

Last edited:

Vinpinto

Dec 18, 2011
NY
According to @Vinpinto this only affects android 13 ROMs and lineage 19 is on 12, so should be no issues. I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

Thanks @WackyHacky1 and @Vinpinto for sharing!!

Edit:
Can anyone who's had a successful flash comment on any performance improvements? I want to update assuming that changing apps, navigating ui etc. will become more responsive
I've only noticed improved performance with vanilla aosp GSI and google GSI android 12 and 13 images, lineageos it's a bit laggy.
I'm working on my own recipe for a Pixel-like rom, I'll share when I get any progress

Reactions: Deano1889

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:
    Flash LineageOS for tab a8 sm-x200
    • Format data from TWRP.
    • And wipe all partitions, then just reboot into fastboot and flash your system image
    • fastboot flash system system.img
      (system being lineage or google gsi or whatever)
    • then once i have created the folder select the .xz or .gz or .img
    • also a fastboot -w after flashing for additional wiping wouldn't hurt

make sure you have a unlocked bootloader and have twrp installed.

Download links:

Credits to:

Vinpinto

Did you notice a speed increase after formatting it from exfat to ext4?
    No, but I don't really use a tablet for anything that would cause me to notice it. I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the right job. I have three desktop computers for things that require CPU power. I only use my phone for phone calls, and I have a highend 2 in 1 laptop in the "carry bag" along with two Android tablets. I have been known to sit at the bar in my local pub watching the Saints game one of the pubs large screen TV's, with NFL Red zone playing on one tablet, the Nascar race on the other tablet, and reading a book on my laptop. That's my version of multi-tasking. LOL One device for each task rather than multiple tasks on one device.
    Good afternoon everyone,

Anyone could tell how much difference in performance there is, compared stock firmware to 19 or 20 lineage os?
    Don't have specific benchmarks, but Lineage 19 feels faster on this tablet than 20.

Even so, both 19 and 20 outperform stock OneUi and saves you disk space
    lineage-20.0-20230324-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvN.img.xz

LET'S FLIPPING GOOOOOO!!!! WOOOT!!! WOOOOT!!

Well she's running smooth. Just has the same problem.. it was crashing every 10 min and I fixed by using graphics driver for all my main apps.. still no blueteeth
    I've run into a problem with 64gb SD cards. I've tried 3 different cards that all work in another tablet. TWRP reads and writes to the cards but LOS 19.1 has problems with them. I get notice to re-insert the card and to format it but neither works. 32gb card working fine. Haven't tried anything larger.

edit: Do I need to flash a different kernel to get exFat support?
    re-edit: I solved the problem by formatting the 64gb SD card as EXT4. That allowed me to backup the SUPER partition and LOS 19.1 can read/write to it.