[DISCONTINUED][GSI][13] LineageOS 20 "Light"

Search This thread

Sofian75

Sep 18, 2018
I unlocked the bootloader first in fastboot with:

fastboot flashing unlock

then I disabled verity with the original file from the androd11 vendor update
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta C:\Users\Me\Downloads\ADB_AppControl_171\install\vbmeta.img

and last I installed the system with fastboot with this file
lineage-20.0-20230109-UNOFFICIAL-gsi_arm64_gN.img.xz

My son is using that as a kids profile for some games and school stuff. That works (but wifi is still bad). Besides of that I dont know, as the device is locked with familylink

Wifi is working for me but I can't get internet to work.
What vbmeta file did you use?

tavoc

Jun 22, 2012
For Internet you have to Follow the Instruction on the first page regarding mediatek and network

shell settings put global restricted_networking_mode

I used the vbmeta from the official android 11

tavoc

Jun 22, 2012
And you don't experience constant WiFi drops? Did you flash before the clean vendor ROM?

Last edited:

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
1. Is it worth to spend time on fixing freezer? I have v1, but gsi is using v2

I'm thinking about manually creating files like in freezer v2 and script which will be between these files and freezer v1.

2. Is it worth to build gsi with optimization for specific cpu?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022
Is this a bug anyone else has experienced -- setting the Wallpaper via Settings (Wallpaper & style) will often lead to the default Lineage background (teal gradient) being applied, instead of the wallpaper. Workaround is to apply the wallpaper via a gallery viewer.

Feb 5, 2022
Also, another small bug -- the kernel power management settings seem to prevent the Sony adapter/charger (30W that comes with the phone) from charging the device. But another power adapter works fine or another custom kernel with Sony power management features. I think this is probably because the Sony charger requires a specific response from the device power management feature in order to sustain the charging.

Hnojohn

May 16, 2020
Thank you For this awesome rom, i was wondering if how i can fix this issue of mine in every gsi rom that my cpu cores would just run at 500-700mhz at most times resulting very laggy ui animation/transition, also there's time when it runs at 1200-1500ghz it become smooth then goes back at being sluggish again. Any help is appreciated

Captain_cookie_200

Sep 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Sony Xperia 5 II
Thank you For this awesome rom, i was wondering if how i can fix this issue of mine in every gsi rom that my cpu cores would just run at 500-700mhz at most times resulting very laggy ui animation/transition, also there's time when it runs at 1200-1500ghz it become smooth then goes back at being sluggish again. Any help is appreciated
maybe you could use a kernel manager to try set the governer to something else

Reactions: spider1163

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
input boost can help
echo > "0:1305600 4:1401600" /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/input_boost_freq

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Google hasn't released QPR2 or security patches yet - this month's update will be postponed until one of them drops.

As of yesterday I've figured out in-call audio on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (SM8550) devices, however I can't publish it just yet. It'll be in a future build when ready.

Aghora7

Jul 13, 2014
Google hasn't released QPR2 or security patches yet - this month's update will be postponed until one of them drops.

As of yesterday I've figured out in-call audio on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (SM8550) devices, however I can't publish it just yet. It'll be in a future build when ready.
if you dont mind can you please take a look into this i synced source uptodate but still getting this error related webview its a clean build already

FAILED: out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk
/bin/bash -c "(rm -f out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk ) && (cp \"external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/arm64/webview.apk\" \"out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_inter
mediates/package.apk\" ) && (if (zipinfo out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk 'lib/*.so' 2>/dev/null | grep -v ' stor ' >/dev/null) ; then out/host/linux-x86/bin/zip2zip -i
out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk -o out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.tmp -0 'lib/**/*.so' && mv -f out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/w
ebview_intermediates/package.apk.tmp out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk ; fi ) && (out/host/linux-x86/bin/zip2zip -i out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediate
s/package.apk -o out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.tmp -x 'lib/**/*.so' -X lib/arm64-v8a/libwebviewchromium.so -X lib/armeabi-v7a/libwebviewchromium.so && mv -f out/targe
t/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.tmp out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk ) && (mkdir -p out/target/product/fleur/appcompat && rm -f out/target/pro
duct/fleur/appcompat/webview.log && echo -n \"Package name: \" >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log && out/host/linux-x86/bin/aapt2 dump resources out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_in
termediates/package.apk | awk -F ' |=' '/^Package/{print \$3}' >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log && echo \"Module name in Android tree: webview\" >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webv
iew.log && echo \"Local path in Android tree: external/chromium-webview\" >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log && echo \"Install path on lineage_fleur-eng: out/target/product/fleur/product/ap
p/webview/webview.apk\" >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log && echo >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log ) && (echo \"appcompat.sh output:\" >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompa
t/webview.log && PACKAGING=out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING ANDROID_LOG_TAGS=\"*:e\" out/host/linux-x86/bin/appcompat.sh --dex-file=out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk --api
-flags=out/soong/hiddenapi/hiddenapi-flags.csv 2>&1 >> out/target/product/fleur/appcompat/webview.log ) && (mv out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk out/target/product/fleur/
obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.unsigned ) && (prebuilts/jdk/jdk11/linux-x86/bin/java -XX:OnError=\"cat hs_err_pid%p.log\" -XX:CICompilerCount=6 -XX:+UseDynamicNumberOfGCThreads -Djava.library.
path=\$(dirname out/host/linux-x86/lib64/libconscrypt_openjdk_jni.so) -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar build/make/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/make/target/product/security
/testkey.pk8 out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.unsigned out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.signed ) && (mv out/target/product/fleur/obj/
APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk.signed out/target/product/fleur/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/package.apk )"
zip2zip.go:82: zip: not a valid zip file

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Updated all variants with Android 13 QPR2 and March security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

As usual with "feature drops", things can change or break majorly. I had to amend my personal changes quite a bit, and I've uploaded an updated personal build to match.

Fixed in-call audio on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (SM8550), tested on OnePlus 11 and ░░░░ ░░░░ ░░ ░░░, should pave the way for future QCOM SoCs as well. Users of other SM8550 devices like Xiaomi 13 and RedMagic 8 Pro/+ might want to try this out too.

Imported some SN fixes from HentaiOS - GAPPS users should now get CTS profile match as well.

Fixed videos sometimes getting stuck after pausing and resuming, thanks @Cozzmy13 for working it.

Fixed two-pane layout in Settings for tablets - set an appropriate density then force stop Settings for it to take effect.

And finally for builders, starting this month LOS has moved to Git LFS for hosting their Chromium webviews. Please re-init the repo with "--git-lfs" flag BEFORE syncing again or you will hit errors. If you already have a bad sync, clear the residue and re-init:
Code:
rm -rf external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/*
rm -rf .repo/projects/external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/*
rm -rf .repo/project-objects/LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview_prebuilt_*

Last edited:

uschipower

Mar 14, 2009
I am a beginner in GSI, so sorry for my question.
What is the difference between AndyYan's "LOS 20 TD-based" and "LOS 20 light"?
When should I choose the first, when the other?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

MUST-READ BACKGROUND - Android 13 and the two approaches:
    As some of you already know, due to various reasons, @phhusson , who kickstarted the GSI trend and committed to it over the years, is backing out from future development
    - there won't be any AOSP 13+ builds or patches directly from him. He did most of the heavylifting for fixing bugs and implementing features, and selflessly supported more than his AOSP GSIs and more than devices he own. For the situation of GSIs today, we owe him a big thank-you.
    Since PHH made up his mind, a number of existing builders incl. myself have formed the TrebleDroid organization, with PHH himself helping us in technical issues. TD will forward-port PHH's final patches (v415) onto Android 13 and attempt to fix new issues. This is still a new and ongoing process, but if done right, will have compatibility and feature-completion on par with past PHH-based GSIs.
    Meanwhile, I'm aware that at least I myself am not as capable as PHH, and won't be able to look after the myriad of patches and devices, esp. legacy ones (pre-A10). Therefore, inspired by @PeterCxy , I'm taking a different approach - start over from AOSP's generic gsi_* target, add in the minimum amount of fixes needed for my own devices, shaking off much of the legacy burden in the process and making it easier for myself to follow/maintain. This is a radical, selfish approach that by definition won't work for legacy devices anymore, and won't work as well as PHH-based GSIs that you've come to love either. However, I've fixed it up to my own daily-driver standards, and I figured it should still be of use to many. For now, I call this the "light" approach.

Disclaimer:
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.
    The selfish nature of this approach means I can and will ignore certain bugs as I see fit. Deal with it or kindly go try something else.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Scroll down for the naming rules of variants.
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
    Thanks to:
    • The LineageOS team - helping me out even when they don't offer GSIs themselves
    • @phhusson - shaped the treble community, and even the "light" approach uses his fixes/infra extensively
    • @PeterCxy - inspired me with his personal-use GSI, and coded critical fixes such as sysbta
    • ...and more
    Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Sorry about the lack of interactions and activity in general lately. In July I've shifted to a new role in my day job that requires significantly more involvement, and while it hasn't fully exhausted me (yet), it does mean that I come home / head into the weekend with much less energy for things I usually do. Over the past month I preferred to spend that energy on recreation/relaxation, critical (and few) ROM stuff, and communicating with closer friends. Not a burnout from doing ROM stuff (what PHH faced), but still a burnout slowly happening nonetheless.

There's no platform-side security patch this month, so to many it would be a less than meaningful update. There's an impactful change from @Jeik to support Xiaomi's FOD/UDFPS, which I feel I should properly test on my side before rolling out (esp. on Light), but I don't have the energy and device to at the moment.

For reasons above, I've decided that I'm skipping this month's update to LOS20 Light/TD. Thank you for reading through and understanding.
    There's a known kernel bug in some recent MTK devices that breaks BPF badly, resulting in broken networking features since Android 13, and no-boot since r11 (Google decided to tighten the check). I've reverted the no-boot, but the actual bug can't be fixed from platform-side.
    This affects LOS in that it has Restricted Networking Mode turned on by default, and with the bug in place, apps cannot be added to the allow list, resulting in no internet in even system apps.

If you own an MTK device and notice such a thing, as a temporary workaround, you can turn the feature off manually with:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global restricted_networking_mode 0
    If you're on the gN variant, SetupWizard would also have no internet, so just skip the setup entirely, turn on USB Debugging once you're in the OS, run the above, then re-initiate the setup from the status bar.

As for a more persistent fix - thanks to @Rortiz2 , there's now a way to manually patch the kernel binary, however I no longer have an affected device for testing this. Feel free to try out the patcher here.

There might be other broken networking features that I'm unaware of. In the long term, the one true solution is to upgrade to a newer vendor base, hoping that the OEM has merged the kernel-side fix.
    This post documents my progress on top of the native generic targets.

Already implemented/fixed:
    • Built-in root (PHH-SU)
    • Device overlays
    • Screen resolution & refresh rate - improved upon PHH's implementation
    • Alternative audio policy (Qualcomm)
    • Disable soundvolume effect (Qualcomm)
    • Alternative backlight scale (MediaTek)
    • resetprop/copyprop tool
    • In-call audio
    • BT audio
    • VoLTE on Qualcomm/MediaTek pre-S vendors
    • VoLTE on Qualcomm/MediaTek S vendors - new, backported to PHH-based
    • GAPPS - using MindTheGapps for now
    • Securized - "on-demand" reversible toggle
    • Disable A2DP offload
    • Alternative audio jack detection
    • Signature spoofing - limited to priv-app for the same security reason as in PHH/TD-based
    • Optional FP lockout (set persist.sys.fp.lockouts.disable to true to disable timeout on failed FP attempts)
    • Built-in PHH-SU app for *S variant
    • Override minimum brightness
    • Override navbar availability
    • Exfat
    • In-call audio on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (SM8550) and newer Qualcomm devices
    To be implemented/fixed at a later time:
    • VoLTE on Motorola Qualcomm S vendors - situation did not improve with stock T, lowering priority
    Known but will not implement/fix:
    • Compatibility with legacy (pre-A10) devices, A-only, VNDKLite
    • FOD/UDFPS (commonly known as in-display fingerprint) - not skilled enough for it and not interested either
    • MediaTek kernel BPF bug (#9)
    • VoLTE on non-Qualcomm/MediaTek vendors
    • Samsung/Huawei oddities
    Updated all variants with November security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

Finally got some breathing room from day job - just began taking a look at LOS21. It might still take a good while though.