Hi, so here are my impressions/advices:
* As far as battery life is concerned I am still in testing phase. But it seems already much better to me, standby drain is much better. But I cannot provide reliable statistics right now.
* I have rooted my device as I need some magisk fixes. So be sure to download a version of this rom which is not pre-rooted. I have patched the firmware file within magisk app and then transferred in the AP slot via odin before patching the recovery and finally flash the system image via fastboot. No problem here.
* Google wallet works with system spoofing enabled in Treble settings app and after flashing the latest safety net fix mod from displax im magisk. However, after flashing the module in magisk you have to clear data from google play services and goole play store. Device is certified here.
* There is a bug with audio recording within camera apps. I have found a magisk module to fix that in a telegram disussion group (s22-gsi-fixes.zip) tohether with some other small fixes. I do not know if I am allowed to post the link to the group here, but you will find the link to the group in the xda thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oki-kernel-exynos2200-s22-plus-ultra.4468599/
. You have to flash the module and enable "use alternative audio policy" in treble app. Unfortunately, the fix did not work for me. But I found the solution by editing a file called audio_policy_configuration_base.xml within the module by myself. I can provide further information on that if needed.
However, there are and will be some issues:
* As you probably expect, VoLTE and WoWIFI won't work. Samsung's fault. There is nothing to do about that.
* The camera quality is worse than samsung's stock. But no big problem as I use this gcam go from shamim: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-shamim/f/dl16/
. Works really decently, even all three lenses, night mode and front facing camera. Not quite as good as the original google camera app and no 60 fps video recording, but hey - the image quality is really fine to me.
* The fingerprint reader does not work as for now on my device Samsung S22. But this issue was fixed with the last release of TrebleDroid: https://github.com/TrebleDroid/treble_experimentations/releases
. I hope for an update for this GSI as TrebleDroid ist too barebones for me (no Gapps, no spoofing of system status etc.). Until then I use xposed and the face unlock mod you find here on xda. Works fast an reliably.
Everything else seems to work fine, e.g. automatic brightness (a littlebit wanky), hotspot etc. But I have not tested everything as for now. And probably I have forgotten some things here...
I won't go back to OneUI...
Hope that helps!